Shoutbox

Make MsgPlus remember status - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Make MsgPlus remember status (/showthread.php?tid=34040)

Make MsgPlus remember status by vk3xem on 11-03-2004 at 06:04 PM

I really like Messenger Plus!

But one thing I find a little annoying being on broadband and always connected is when my connection resets for some reason Messenger reverts my status Online no matter what it was.  This is a problem because when I have my Status set to Away it resets and I get many of my contacts sending me messages and then wondering why I am ignoring, when infact I am not even near the computer.

Is it possible to get MsgPlus to remember my status and keep that status until I change it, even when my connection resets?

I would really love this feature to be added.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by toddy on 11-03-2004 at 06:06 PM

there is a plugin that can do this for you

edit:
DJMystic created a plugin for Messenger Plus! called StatusSaver.

down it here - http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?tid=20188&pid=187701

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by vk3xem on 11-03-2004 at 06:08 PM

Great, thanks!

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by saintgtril on 11-04-2004 at 02:35 PM

How do i use this? seems that only 1 file is available. dill *-) Thanks in advance

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by Tochjo on 11-04-2004 at 02:38 PM

Put the file that is in the zip file (the dll file) in your plugins directory, and close (Exit) MSN Messenger and reopen it. Now, after you change your status to something else and you sign off, a file OldStatus.dat will be made in the plug-ins folder, and when you sign on again, it will change your status very fast.
If you wish to always change your status to a specific one after signing in, set your status to that one, sign out and make the OldStatus.dat file read-only ;)

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by saintgtril on 11-04-2004 at 02:45 PM

Thanks Tochjo, that was a very detailed explaintation (Y)
Btw, i was using JnrzLoader 6.2.0137 for my msn 6.2. I was wondering, will it conflict with the JnrzLoader after i applied this plug in?

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by Tochjo on 11-04-2004 at 02:47 PM

That could indeed cause problems; there's just one file that stores your status, so there might indeed be problems when you use both this plug-in and JnrzLoader, unfortunately.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by RaceProUK on 11-04-2004 at 02:50 PM

JnrzLoader will set you to Appear Offline, then StatusSaver will change it to whatever is in OldStatus.dat.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by Tochjo on 11-04-2004 at 02:55 PM

My response was more regarding polygamy :)

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by John on 11-04-2004 at 02:55 PM

My Messenger already does this, I can't remember what i did to make it do so though. *-) I think it was a Messenger Plus! registry setting or something.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by vk3xem on 11-04-2004 at 03:35 PM

Thanks everyone, it works well.  It dosen't actually remember my personalised status but it does remember the status which is more than good enough.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by RaceProUK on 11-05-2004 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
JnrzLoader will set you to Appear Offline, then StatusSaver will change it to whatever is in OldStatus.dat.
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
My response was more regarding polygamy :)
It would still do what I said, I think...
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
My Messenger already does this, I can't remember what i did to make it do so though. *-) I think it was a Messenger Plus! registry setting or something.
It isn't Plus: you will have patched Messenger or used JnrzLoader.
RE: RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by John on 11-05-2004 at 08:46 AM

quote:
It isn't Plus: you will have patched Messenger or used JnrzLoader.

Nope.. I didn't..

It worked for me on Messenger 6.2.0137 with Messenger Plus! 3.25 with no extra patches or mods or anything, only Plus! with a few plugins,
and it's working for me on Messenger 7.0.0332 with Messenger Plus! 3.40b with the same plugins and the mess patch.
RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by RaceProUK on 11-05-2004 at 10:35 AM

To clarify: you talking about polygamy or StatusSaver? If the latter, then you probably have it.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by CookieRevised on 11-05-2004 at 10:58 AM

Jaguar, neither polygamy or statussaving are things which are standard in MSN Messenger. If you have it, then you HAVE patched MSN Messenger in one way or another...

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by John on 11-05-2004 at 11:35 AM

I don't have those.

I noticed the change after playing around with Plus! Tweak, but I'm not sure. I really don't have any patches on 6.2, only Plus! with some plugins. The only patch i have on 7.0 is the mess patch which doesnt have a status saver or anything.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by CookieRevised on 11-06-2004 at 04:04 AM

Jaguar: there is no way that you have polygamy, signing in offline (or any status)  if you don't have patched your MSN Messenger 6.2 or aren't using any addon other then Plus!. And only the statussaver plugin, saves your statusses...

MSN Messenger 6.2 simply doesn't have it...

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by John on 11-06-2004 at 09:15 AM

I do have the polygramy patch, I didn't say I could sign in as offline on 6.2, but I truly don't have anything else that saves my status.. I know it for sure, I know what I have installed.

Maybe it's a bug or something.. I noticed the change after I played around with Plus! Tweak..

* opens Plus! Tweak..

CookieRevised, if you have Plus! Tweak, change the "AutoAwayAlways" setting to false. Then restart Messenger, put your status on "Away" and disconnect your internet (causing Messenger to get disconnected), then reconnect your internet so Messenger reconnects itself. If your status is still on "Away" then that's what I did to change it, otherwise I don't know what I did. (I can't test this myself at the moment.)

P.s. I just thought of something, If the above doesn't work then try it with a personalised status.

P.p.s It even works if I actually sign out and then back in.. What the heck?.. :| I really do not have any sort of a status saver.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by RaceProUK on 11-06-2004 at 10:58 AM

If you're talking about personalised statuses, yes I believe Plus saves them when you are disconnected. However, normal statuses aren't saved unless you have StatusSaver.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by CookieRevised on 11-06-2004 at 01:09 PM

Yep. What you're describing Jaguar, isn't actually saving the statusses. Set your status to busy for example, it wont be saved. This is what only StatusSaver does and is what we understand under saving statusses ;)

And if the "AutoAwayAlways" setting is set to 0 (false) then the "change status after x minutes" feature changes the status only when the user is currently Online or Idle. This is to prevent changing your status after x minutes when you're "busy" or something. This hasn't anything todo with saving the actual statusses.

RE: Make MsgPlus remember status by John on 11-06-2004 at 01:15 PM

Ohhh, ok. :) So the personilsed statuses always get saved? Ok cool. Well I'm sorry for the partial confusion, hehe. :P

Yeah, I know what the "AutoAwayAlways" does, I just thought that maybe it accidently also acted as a status saver or something, hehe.