Shoutbox

Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon (/showthread.php?tid=34049)

Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by Smethead on 11-03-2004 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
No Plus! Enhanced Icon in the contact list for now, I'm working on a solution that will integrate nicely in the new Messenger 7 interface.
I may have a suggestion for this one. If you click the buddy-icon in front of a contact in your list it opens a "contact card" in which there are some buttons at the bottom. That's a place where the icon can be added. And maybe on the "other side" of the card (when you click < >), the current welcome message, and the original nickname (if you use a custom one) can be added.
RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by user27089 on 11-03-2004 at 08:25 PM

Patchou has already came up with the concept where it will be placed, it is a good idea, but wouldn't it intrude with the placement of the original buddy icon?

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by Smethead on 11-03-2004 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
but wouldn't it intrude with the placement of the original buddy icon?
I have no idea how it would do that. There is plenty of space in the contact card
RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by madhattr999 on 11-04-2004 at 03:18 PM

someone was really rude to me when i suggested something like this :(

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by Eljay on 11-04-2004 at 04:16 PM

i made a quick mock-up of it

[Image: attachment.php?pid=332585]

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by spokes on 11-04-2004 at 04:19 PM

i agree with the idea, i think its pretty smart

^^^^^^^^ its me!, on the contact card ^o)

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by Smethead on 11-04-2004 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
i made a quick mock-up of it

[Image: attachment.php?pid=332585]
That's exactly what i meant
RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by Eljay on 11-04-2004 at 04:41 PM

and when clicked :)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=332593]

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by user27089 on 11-04-2004 at 05:14 PM

I see now! It looks pretty good actually, i'm  not sure about Leejeffery's version though :p little bit of a mockup!! I'm not sure whether patchou would have to hook messenger to do this.. I doubt it, but if you did, then Patchou would steer clear from doing this, he is now a legal guy when it comes to Messenger Plus! But surely, after all of the clicking, you could've just opened up the person,  clicked on the plus! icon and done this anyway?

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by madhattr999 on 11-04-2004 at 08:00 PM

there should be a button right on the main window..

there are many options that dont have to do with a specific user.. like the event log window.. i should be able to look at that with one button click :D

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by Smethead on 11-04-2004 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madhattr999
there are many options that dont have to do with a specific user.. like the event log window..
Those options aren't in the icon in MSN6. This is not what this thread is about. You want a button because you hide the menubar and stuff. That can be added near the MSN Today button. (not sure)
RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by CookieRevised on 11-05-2004 at 03:10 AM

1 problem:

The reason why the button is put on the contactlist is for its quick access. The whole purpose of that menu is to provide the user with very quick Plus! settings/features for that user. The button was added because many people didn't even know of the existing Plus! features...

Putting the icon "far away" on the contactcard (and cramping it with many options) defeats that whole initial purpose and function...

PS: this doesn't mean that there couldn't be a Plus!-button on the contactcard also, though...

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by FrozernFire on 11-05-2004 at 04:29 AM

it's for quick access. it's not supposed to have a lot of options on it as it defeats the purpose. it gives quick access to the most used options

RE: Suggestion: Plus! Enhanced Icon by Patchou on 11-05-2004 at 07:29 AM

thank you for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind :)