Shoutbox

Fable - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Fable (/showthread.php?tid=34050)

Fable by user27089 on 11-03-2004 at 08:20 PM

[Image: bntfable.jpg]

I just purchased the game Fable by Lion Head Studios today, its absolutely amazing. You start off as a youn boy, that is destined to become a hero, and has dreams about becoming a hero, sometimes doing good and sometimes doing evil. After the intro, your dad speaks to you about your sisters birthday and that you need to do some good deeds to get money, so you do good deeds or whatever, later after you give your sis the present, some bandits come and burn down your town in search for you, and you hide, then you go back to town, and a hero takes you to the training place, and you train and do good or bad, if you do good, then you look good, if you do evil, you grow horns and whatnot, and if you eat bad food you get fat, if you use your sword a lot, you grow muscles and if you use too much magic then you start to go bald. Its just a game where everything depends on which paths you choose to take.

So far its amazing!! Anything you wish to share about the game post here, IMO, if you own a xbox, buy the game!

RE: Fable by Millenium_edition on 11-03-2004 at 08:39 PM

I have been told that there's only one way you'll be able to follow. Is that true?

RE: Fable by user27089 on 11-03-2004 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
I have been told that there's only one way you'll be able to follow. Is that true?

No, there are many paths that you can follow, say if you beat up people for no reason, or shoot down to many sparrows, kick chickens or many other things, you become evil.
RE: Fable by Pr0xY on 11-04-2004 at 05:02 AM

I just bought this game, like literally just got home with it, I cant wait to open it and play.  YEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!

RE: Fable by .blade// on 11-04-2004 at 05:05 AM

The game itself is awesome, you could play it a year and never run out of things to do, but the main problem is that you can beat all of the missions (and essentially beat the game) in roughly 2 days :(

RE: Fable by .Roy on 11-04-2004 at 06:54 AM

what kind of game im looking for is that a game that never gets boring and a pretty lon and fun campain like in halo -_- Except in Halo it can get boring sometimes when you have no body to play against... This game looks good how much does it cost?

RE: Fable by st0rm on 11-04-2004 at 07:15 AM

>_< now i want an xbox!!! neone wanna buy one for me im stuck wit my crappy ps1 while my brother hogs the ps2 and evrything else techiniqal in the house thaz worth keeping!!! the game sounds good btw i want it

RE: Fable by user27089 on 11-04-2004 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
>_< now i want an xbox!!! neone wanna buy one for me im stuck wit my crappy ps1 while my brother hogs the ps2 and evrything else techiniqal in the house thaz worth keeping!!! the game sounds good btw i want it

You're on the computer aren't you?

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
what kind of game im looking for is that a game that never gets boring and a pretty lon and fun campain like in halo -_- Except in Halo it can get boring sometimes when you have no body to play against... This game looks good how much does it cost?

Trust me, this game is completely awesome, its different everytime you play it, its fun. The game cost £39.99 in England, so if you live anywhere else it will cost the same as any other new game, but you never know, there may be a deal on with this game somewhere else....

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
I just bought this game, like literally just got home with it, I cant wait to open it and play.  YEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!

You'll love the game I'm sure!!!
RE: Fable by user13774 on 11-04-2004 at 08:15 AM

I have a Xbox myself AND i have Fable (I also finished the game). I must say it looks extremely nice and it's cool to play, but Blade is right when he says it's kinda short. Next to that is you compare this game with i.E. Diablo II (LoD) it only has an extremely limited amount of weapons and clothes. The good/bad thing is very cool. Also the option to buy ur own 'nickname title' thing. I do liked the game, but it's a pity there're only few weapons and clothes in the game.

RE: Fable by user27089 on 11-04-2004 at 08:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I have a Xbox myself AND i have Fable (I also finished the game). I must say it looks extremely nice and it's cool to play, but Blade is right when he says it's kinda short. Next to that is you compare this game with i.E. Diablo II (LoD) it only has an extremely limited amount of weapons and clothes. The good/bad thing is very cool. Also the option to buy ur own 'nickname title' thing. I do liked the game, but it's a pity there're only few weapons and clothes in the game.

I haven't got many clothes yet,  and a few melee weapens, a crossbow and two longbows and I have some quite cool clothes, but its quite hard to find traders that really sell decent clothes, weapons or give you tattoos.
RE: Fable by Pyroteq on 11-04-2004 at 11:55 AM

i think i might be getting this for christmas... Or splinter cell 3 chaos theory..

RE: Fable by user27089 on 11-04-2004 at 12:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
i think i might be getting this for christmas... Or splinter cell 3 chaos theory..
I doubt you'll be getting Chaos theory, its been delayed until late march 2005, unless of course you're getting it for christmas next year, I would definitely get Fable!! Its seriously awesome, definitely get Halo 2 though :P
RE: Fable by .Roy on 11-04-2004 at 01:56 PM

im gonna ask my mothers friend from america to go get me that game and halo 2 so when she comes to visit she can give me them -_- shes coming early december :-P

RE: Fable by .blade// on 11-04-2004 at 02:42 PM

quote:
im gonna ask my mothers friend from america to go get me that game and halo 2 so when she comes to visit she can give me them -_- shes coming early december :-P
\\She better not bring it along FROM America if you don't live in America - it won't be compatible with your system.
RE: Fable by user27089 on 11-04-2004 at 02:53 PM

quote:

What blade said, to understand it more, EUROPEAN IS PAL, and AMERICAN IS NTSC.. i think thats it. Why don't you just buy fable anyway, its out in britain...
RE: Fable by .blade// on 11-04-2004 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Why don't you just buy fable anyway, its out in britain...

Because he prob. doesn't have the money :P

Also: I didn't list the PAL & NTSC stuff bcz I didn't know whether or not he was in Europe.

RE: Fable by .Roy on 11-04-2004 at 03:36 PM

first of all my dad got the xbox from america.. So chill -_- I think you guys were gonna be happy for me :'(  lol.. Nvm just kidding.. Any of you know of a good adventure/action game i should get that doesnt get boring..

RE: Fable by user27089 on 11-04-2004 at 04:40 PM

quote:
first of all my dad got the xbox from america.. So chill -_- I think you guys were gonna be happy for me :'(  lol.. Nvm just kidding.. Any of you know of a good adventure/action game i should get that doesnt get boring..

There are loads of games that you won't get bored of, Fable, Halo, Spider Man 2 :p :p thats an awesome game.. Just look through some reviews on www.officialxboxmagazine.com
RE: Fable by .Roy on 11-04-2004 at 06:11 PM

but spider man feels like a game that once u beat u wont like it and if you dont pass a level you wont like the game.. :-)

RE: Fable by Yoshimo on 11-20-2004 at 05:50 PM

-What is the monthly fee for Fable?
-And is it only online?

RE: RE: Fable by funky_1 on 11-22-2004 at 05:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Yoshimo
-What is the monthly fee for Fable?
-And is it only online?

Umm what monthly fee? If you mean Xbox Live, then its $6.00 a month and if you want full yearly its $70.00.
Game cost in Australia is around $90.00 i think someone said it was 39.99 pounds or something...
No. Online compatible, but single player game. Only reason why my brother and I don't have it.