Shoutbox

Anyway to get rid of this message? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Anyway to get rid of this message? (/showthread.php?tid=34100)

Anyway to get rid of this message? by Tabanacle on 11-04-2004 at 11:43 PM

hi,

how can i get rid of this, it really bugs me when i try to exit msn

"You are now signing out from MSN Messenger. All conversation windows will be closed"

thanks in advance

RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by toddy on 11-04-2004 at 11:47 PM

no not that i kno of, anyway why would u want to get rid of it ???

it makes sure that u know that your are closing messenger, when u still have a contact window up (that u could have not seen, and may contain a important messeage)

RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by Tabanacle on 11-05-2004 at 01:52 AM

i actually find it annoying

RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by marissa on 11-05-2004 at 02:09 AM

Right click the MSN messenger and contact group on your task bar, and hit close. Then just signout from the sysbar...I find it annoying too, but thats the only way i can ddo it quick withouth the annoying thing >_<

RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by CookieRevised on 11-05-2004 at 03:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
Right click the MSN messenger and contact group on your task bar, and hit close. Then just signout from the sysbar...I find it annoying too, but thats the only way i can ddo it quick withouth the annoying thing >_<
When you choose "close" in the right-click menu of MSN Messenger from the sysbar, it will invoke just the same exit procedure as if you choose File > Exit from the menu in the contactlist; in other words: it will still show the message.
RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by Tabanacle on 11-06-2004 at 12:05 AM

i'm sure someone must have a patch or something to remove it?

RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by Purity on 11-07-2004 at 06:51 AM

i was just gona sk this feature i find it very annoying esspecially if ur kind of in a rush it just agravates me

RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by marissa on 11-07-2004 at 07:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
When you choose "close" in the right-click menu of MSN Messenger from the sysbar, it will invoke just the same exit procedure as if you choose File > Exit from the menu in the contactlist; in other words: it will still show the message.

sorry if i made it unclear but what i meant was if you close the group of msn's windows, then go to to the systray. Its just a work around for me...since theres nothing that i know of that will get rid of the message.

[Image: unclear.jpg]
RE: Anyway to get rid of this message? by Vilkku on 11-07-2004 at 09:31 AM

Not everyone has that many conversations open, so they will not be displayed as a group. And that involves as many clicks as clicking OK on the window.