Shoutbox

please read my suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: please read my suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=34101)

please read my suggestion by bigshuannie on 11-05-2004 at 12:22 AM

hi... i was wondering if there was any way the amount of contacts can be increased from the current of 150 to like 500 or so... i know this might be impossible cuz the contacts are stored on the msn servers, but perhaps u can combine contacts from 2-3 different email addresses into 1 main one to have 300 or 450 contacts? is that possible at all? does any1 understand me? hahaha.. thx!

RE: please read my suggestion by matty on 11-05-2004 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bigshuannie
hi... i was wondering if there was any way the amount of contacts can be increased from the current of 150 to like 500 or so... i know this might be impossible cuz the contacts are stored on the msn servers, but perhaps u can combine contacts from 2-3 different email addresses into 1 main one to have 300 or 450 contacts? is that possible at all? does any1 understand me? hahaha.. thx!
It isn't possible as contacts are stored Server Side. MessengerDiscovery did have a feature called ExtendedContacts now I am not sure if the feature still exists but still. Other then that there isn't the possibility for it. You can use Polygamy and use multiple MSN Messengers or you can use a program called Trillian but thats all. (I finished reading it after I posted thats why I had to add the last part)
RE: please read my suggestion by bigshuannie on 11-05-2004 at 01:39 AM

oh.. i see... i have trillian, but then i wouldnt be able to use Messenger Plus :(( i have another suggestion...

is it possible, when u double click an offline contact, you instantly go to the "set come-back message" box or open a chat box that will deliver the msg when he/she logs in, instead of sending an email to them? *-)

RE: please read my suggestion by RaceProUK on 11-05-2004 at 02:20 AM

Not without hacking the Messenger EXE, which is illegal.

RE: please read my suggestion by matty on 11-05-2004 at 06:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Not without hacking the Messenger EXE, which is illegal.
Plus! could do it, but much like with dragging contacts to the desktop for the Floating Contacts feature it would be changing the default way that MSN Messenger is run abnd Patchou doesn't want to change that.