Shoutbox

Autohide own DP? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Autohide own DP? (/showthread.php?tid=34102)

Autohide own DP? by Luke T on 11-05-2004 at 12:30 AM

Is there a plugin that hides your display picture whenever you open a new conversation window? I want others to see it but I don't want it cluttering up my screen...

RE: Autohide own DP? by Guido on 11-05-2004 at 02:28 AM

Do you mean from the contact list in messenger 7 or from the conversation? if it's just from the conversation, you can already do this in MSN Msgr. 6

RE: Autohide own DP? by Luke T on 11-05-2004 at 02:36 AM

In the conversation window. I didn't know you could do that in 6... guess I chose a bad day to switch to 7!

Still, is it possible?

RE: Autohide own DP? by CookieRevised on 11-05-2004 at 03:34 AM

You can click on the arrow on the right of your display picture to hide it. Your DP will still be visible for your contacts to see it. But this hiding of your DP is not permanently; whenever you open a new conversation, de DP will be there again...

Another possebility is to go to your MSN Messenger Preferences: Tools > Options > Personal > My Display Picture. There you can untick "Show my display picture and allow others to see it". This will be permanently, but your contacts wont be able to see your DP if you disable this.

RE: Autohide own DP? by Luke T on 11-05-2004 at 03:41 AM

Yup :/ I know about those two, oh well it's no big deal, I didn't realise I could change the size of it... which seems to be permanent, so it doesn't look so bad now.
Thanks for your input though :)

RE: Autohide own DP? by CookieRevised on 11-05-2004 at 04:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Luke T
I didn't realise I could change the size of it
Only in MSN Messenger 7, which is still in beta, not publicly available and only should be used by official beta testers...

PS: If you don't provide the version number of MSN Messenger in your posts, we assume you use 6.2.0137. Which is the official latest version! ;)
RE: Autohide own DP? by Luke T on 11-05-2004 at 04:32 AM

Oops, yeah, errr... typo 8-)