Shoutbox

No New email notification with MSN 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: No New email notification with MSN 7 (/showthread.php?tid=34124)

No New email notification with MSN 7 by Nehemoth on 11-05-2004 at 02:49 PM

It's Just me or the notification it's no working with msn messenger 7???

I don't stay receveing notifications about the new emails on my account...

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by Kryptonate on 11-05-2004 at 03:03 PM

If you're not using the latest Plus! and you're not notified about new e-mails in your Hotmail inbox this is an MSN Messenger 7 beta bug. You should contact the MSN Messenger team then (http://support.msn.com/contactus_emailsupport.aspx?productkey=messenger&ct=eformfree)

If you're having difficulties with the POP3 e-mail feature of Plus!:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

# The POP3 E-Mail feature will display popups for new emails but won't update the email count in the contact list (will be fixed too, somehow).

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by patschut on 04-25-2005 at 05:19 PM

Today I have the same problem...this morning I received popups when I received new email, now no popup at all
No idea what caused it to fail :(

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by ProblemWv Authority on 04-25-2005 at 05:22 PM

I think it still happens in the new MSN Messenger 7 final version. The new message notifier has a delay and MSN are working on fixing it. I think.

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by patschut on 04-25-2005 at 05:35 PM

mmm, I thought it might be the "stuff plug"
because I installed that plugin today...and it's the first time I notice the email popup (or amount of unread mail for that matter) doesn't work...I can't remember that the update has been failing ever since I've installed version 7 of msn...

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by mwe99 on 04-25-2005 at 05:40 PM

I have a really long delay, sometimes it tells me straight away, othertimes i just realise myself.

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by BEWARE^^ on 04-25-2005 at 05:50 PM

mell the best solution is just checking your mail a few time a day and wait untill there is an update for msn messenger ;)

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by Nehemoth on 04-25-2005 at 06:17 PM

The official version for this problem is that is not a problem of MSN messenger 7 if not with the server..

Exactly a delay on the server side...

I read that in the last MSN messenger Chat Transcription the which you can find on mess.be

see ya

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by steVenB on 04-26-2005 at 10:10 PM

I had a similar problem and still do! Sometimes I dont get a notification for new emails or when a contact signs in. I emailed Messenger trouble shooting and they said it could be that my IE settings were hijacked. I tried what they recommend but it didnt seem to work. :S

RE: No New email notification with MSN 7 by Concord Dawn on 04-27-2005 at 01:20 AM

Reinstall, try different versions. I can't really tell you more than that.