Shoutbox

Is there any way to have a null display name?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is there any way to have a null display name?? (/showthread.php?tid=34192)

Is there any way to have a null display name?? by saintgtril on 11-07-2004 at 05:37 AM

Hi everyone
Hope to get some pointers on the subject. Thanks in advance! :D

RE: Is there any way to have a null display name?? by Chrono on 11-07-2004 at 05:42 AM

yes, just press alt+0160 and u will have a blank character as ur nick :)

RE: Is there any way to have a null display name?? by saintgtril on 11-07-2004 at 05:52 AM

Cool, Chrono, you had been clearing most of my doubts, with regards to the past questions that i have asked (Y)

1. ALT+0160 is suppose to be a code, is this documented somewhere in msn help?
2. Is there any way for the email displayed to be made null as well? When the mouse is over the contact?

Thanks once again :D

RE: Is there any way to have a null display name?? by marissa on 11-07-2004 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saintgtril

just a space alt code...like all the other alt codes on firehotquotes or wahtever that site was..

quote:
2. Is there any way for the email displayed to be made null as well? When the mouse is over the contact?

Its eiither my contacts are using msn7 and theres a bug or an option in that to do it, or they're using a special character which i am unaware of =)
RE: Is there any way to have a null display name?? by Chrono on 11-07-2004 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Cool, Chrono, you had been clearing most of my doubts, with regards to the past questions that i have asked
:$ No problem :)
quote:
as marissa said, its just an ascii code for a blank character ;)

quote:
i dont think so... now that would be confusing :S lol

RE: Is there any way to have a null display name?? by saintgtril on 11-13-2004 at 12:41 AM

Yup, manage to get it in WinXP. (Y) Thanks guys :D

But how come i could not get this in Win2000 :^)

And is there anyway to have reverse nick?

Once again, thanks guys. (Y)

RE: Is there any way to have a null display name?? by Chrono on 11-13-2004 at 12:56 AM

im using windows 2000 and it works fine.

quote:
And is there anyway to have reverse nick?
type it backwards? O_o
RE: Is there any way to have a null display name?? by Plik on 11-13-2004 at 01:00 AM

Or use the character in the attached file

Note:
You need XP