Shoutbox

Back from France! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Back from France! (/showthread.php?tid=34235)

Back from France! by Patchou on 11-08-2004 at 04:19 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm finally back from my old country where I spent 3 very busy days meeting people and compensating for time adjustment. At the MSN Event, I met with Dwergs (mess.be), Underdoc (msnfanatic), Tom (Neowin.net), Vitch (mess-france) and a couple of other guys from the French webmaster scene (like from Hardware.fr, a great site but you got to understand french). I also had the pleasure to meet with one of the most successful Messenger Plus! plugin developer, TheBlasphemer, as well as Apatik, the french lead translator.

I invite you to read the great article posted by Tom on Neowin, it pretty much sums up what I have in mind regarding the event. By the way, I have to say that Tom was really a nice guy, and so was everyone I met in Paris in fact. The atmosphere was great, I didn't even had to show my "it's optional" t-shirt too much, especially made for the event (picture soon :)). The guys from Microsoft France and their marketing team were genuinely interested in what we had to say. Messenger users in France are very lucky to have such a great marketing team, the people at Heaven were professional, with up to date ideas about how to interest today's users and some of them were even pretty charming :gfdrin: (call me Arthur!). I never met the MSN Marketing people from Redmond but I do hope they are as dedicated to their work.

I'd also like to stop some rumours right away: Microsoft doesn't intend to buy Messenger Plus! and I don't intend to sell it. We met to discuss the future of both our softwares and also to start a tighter relationship, that's all. During the afternoon we saw many great Messenger 7 related stuff (can't talk about it so don't ask) and I realised that I got to stop being lazy, being selfish with my 7 hours of daily sleep and start working on new exciting features for my baby if I want to keep your attention in 2005 :) (I'll also post a new beta soon to correct the important bugs you found since last Wednesday).

I'll post one or two pictures soon, as soon as Dwergs will have sent me his ok (Tom, if you read this, mail me and I'll send you the pics directly). More information about the new version will probably be posted in a week or two on mess.be, msnfnatic and neowin; I'll keep on concentrating on Plus! 3.40, there's sooo much I wanna do. Meanwhile, prepare yourself for some exciting Messenger news!

Patchou

RE: Back from France! by matty on 11-08-2004 at 04:22 AM

Welcome back, now get fixing the memory leak!

RE: Back from France! by Chrono on 11-08-2004 at 04:25 AM

welcome back! :D
Nice u finally ceared up the dodgy rumours (Y)

and i wanna see the pics, post them soon! :D

RE: Back from France! by lopardo on 11-08-2004 at 04:27 AM

Great news, Patch! :)

Can't wait for the pictures :banana: ;)

RE: Back from France! by .blade// on 11-08-2004 at 04:44 AM

Awesome :D
Welcome back Patch! :banana:

RE: Back from France! by marissa on 11-08-2004 at 04:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I didn't even had to show my "it's optional" t-shirt too much,

haha i'd love to see that :p

welcome back :)

i'd like to go to one of those things...i just need to figure out how to :p my new goal! hehe
RE: Back from France! by Vilkku on 11-08-2004 at 05:12 AM

Welcome back! Now we know that Microsoft cloned you instead of kidnapping.

RE: Back from France! by s7a5 on 11-08-2004 at 05:15 AM

hmm i hope u enjoyed a lil vacation to your home country. Last time i was there I was bugged by poor people asking me money in the centre ville :). Too much poverty in France, the gov has to do smth about it

RE: Back from France! by Hank on 11-08-2004 at 05:18 AM

Did they say or give you any hints when the Public beta of MSN Messenger7 might be released

RE: Back from France! by Vilkku on 11-08-2004 at 05:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
Did they say or give you any hints when the Public beta of MSN Messenger7 might be released

He had to sign a NDA - he can't tell us about it even if they did.
RE: Back from France! by Chop on 11-08-2004 at 05:51 AM

Welcome back patchou :wave: What do you brought for us? J/k

RE: Back from France! by um............... on 11-08-2004 at 06:59 AM

welcome back patch!

hope paris was nice!

RE: Back from France! by opdude on 11-08-2004 at 07:43 AM

welcome back patch can't wait to see those piccys :D

RE: Back from France! by k776 on 11-08-2004 at 07:48 AM

Welcome back. While you were in France, did you visit landmarks?? (Lachquo caves (I dont think that how its spelt), Eifel tower etc)

Was it fun seeing the new feature in MSN, if they showed any??(not asking for the names of the feature however)

Lol to the shirt. Cant wait to see it.

*offtopic: Demand WDZ update to myBB gold when it comes out :P lol*

RE: Back from France! by stuartbennett on 11-08-2004 at 08:24 AM

welcome back patch hope you enjoyed your trip to france. my dads auntie caroline lives in france in taloous. i know its not spelt like that but i cant spell foreign place names. i cant wait to see the pictures and i hope the event inspired some ideas for improving plus. hey not that its not already awesome but nothings perfect right?

RE: Back from France! by Underlord on 11-08-2004 at 08:38 AM

Welcome back Cyril :).
I expect a new beta by tomorrow, one hour of sleep will be enough from now on ;).
Nah, don't rush it and enjoy your work and sleep :P.

RE: Back from France! by azn angel on 11-08-2004 at 09:05 AM

Wb. relax while you can cuz soon enough your ass will be glued to the chair:P

RE: Back from France! by FrozernFire on 11-08-2004 at 10:46 AM

welcome back!

*no kidnapping, no action* aww... jkjk :P

RE: Back from France! by Sunshine on 11-08-2004 at 11:11 AM

Welcome back :D

RE: Back from France! by JetLi on 11-08-2004 at 12:03 PM

Welcome back. (H)

RE: Back from France! by user36611 on 11-08-2004 at 12:40 PM

Thats some great news Patchou!
And welcome back from FR!
[KEEP IT UP]

RE: Back from France! by John on 11-08-2004 at 01:14 PM

Welcome back Patchou. :) It sounds like you had a good time in Paris, I wish i could have been there too to meet you all. :P

It's exciting hearing you talk about the future of Plus! :D and i like what Dwergs said on mess.be:

quote:
All I can say for now is -even if you're using the MSN Messenger 7 BETA already- YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! ;)

RE: Back from France! by Concord Dawn on 11-08-2004 at 01:17 PM

Welcome back Patch. Keep up the good work on MP! and try to get enough sleep. We don't want you turning into a zombie now do we.....;)

:lol: @ t-shirt. Can't wait to see the pictures.

RE: Back from France! by dotNorma on 11-08-2004 at 01:27 PM

Great to see you had a nice time.

If you can get a t-shirt made , Can you get a jacket made?

Its getting cold down here and I wish I had an Messenger Plus! Jacket :p

(Im not actually expecting him to make me a jacket , Dont make a smart reply)

RE: Back from France! by -dt- on 11-08-2004 at 01:36 PM

welcome back patch you should be relaxing more or else you'll work yourself to death and we dont want that. 
hehe i would love to see that "its optional" t-shirt

RE: Back from France! by x2zen on 11-08-2004 at 01:46 PM

Welcome back, cant wait to see those pictures, and the new beta of Plus! :D

RE: Back from France! by Eljay on 11-08-2004 at 02:13 PM

welcome back patchou
* Eljay wants some boxer shorts saying "these are optional;)"
looking forward to the new plus!
keep up the good work

RE: Back from France! by wolf89 on 11-08-2004 at 03:01 PM

nice to hear you're back and ready for some action :D
hope you had a good time (you made me wish I could visit France again, like I did 3 years ago)

RE: Back from France! by stuartbennett on 11-08-2004 at 03:14 PM

so patchou. any hints as to what your going to add in the new beta of plus? or is it just bug fixes? in any case i hope you are able to finish it soon.

RE: Back from France! by John on 11-08-2004 at 04:18 PM

Please please please read my Auto Responder topic, Patchou, and consider putting it in a future version of Messenger Plus!. Pleeease (A)

RE: Back from France! by reisyboy on 11-08-2004 at 04:50 PM

Wahooo patchou's back ;)(Y):)

RE: Back from France! by Stigmata on 11-08-2004 at 05:46 PM

:dodgy:

If people had actually listened to what was said, then we would not have these rumors. :dodgy: We have these rumors because many of the people from irc made up there own versions, as like a game of chiense wispers.

If you do take time to read your pm's patchou, please respond me my theory on plus, the new messenger, and your recent trip.

Thank you

RE: Back from France! by Apatik on 11-08-2004 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
heh, saw something speaking of poverty in france :P
I'm sure patch will understand when i say "postcard written in english" "fooding my children" :P
Anyway, don't worry too much, the pidgeons will take over soon and then there won't be any poverty anymore! heck, i bet there won't even be humans there after the pidgeons have attacked!

(prolly only apatik and patch will get this post :P)

Just hide in Notre-Dame with Quasimodo! While Patchou confess his sponsored sins :rofl:
But..wait..a blasphemer in Notre-Dame?!? :o

ok i'll stop there -_-
RE: Back from France! by Matti on 11-08-2004 at 05:59 PM

quote:
I'm finally back from my old country where I spent 3 very busy days meeting people and compensating for time adjustment.
Woow, he's back! (H)
quote:
During the afternoon we saw many great Messenger 7 related stuff (can't talk about it so don't ask) and I realised that I got to stop being lazy, being selfish with my 7 hours of daily sleep and start working on new exciting features for my baby if I want to keep your attention in 2005 :) (I'll also post a new beta soon to correct the important bugs you found since last Wednesday).
Woow, he's making new features! (H)
quote:
I'll keep on concentrating on Plus! 3.40, there's sooo much I wanna do.
Woow, he's solving bugs! (H)

There's only one word 4 this:
(H) Woow! (H)

RE: Back from France! by riahc4 on 11-08-2004 at 06:09 PM

welcome back Patchou! WOW you just seem reanimated to start on something new all of a sudden lol oh well as always i expect good things in the future!

I accually envy you that you got to meet the great TB and alot of of MSN people. And it seems we really AINT ready for MSN 7 from the news posts on Neowin, Mess.be, and others!

RE: Back from France! by Guido on 11-08-2004 at 06:52 PM

Hehe, welcome back Patch! :banana:

RE: Back from France! by rock_boi on 11-08-2004 at 07:06 PM

Kool patch

Welcome back and can't wait for those pics.:D:):D

RE: Back from France! by user27089 on 11-08-2004 at 07:37 PM

Welcome back patch! Good to have  you back :p

I trust you enjoyed your epic journey :p

lol

Stiggy, what did i say to you:

Removed.

RE: Back from France! by Smethead on 11-08-2004 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dwergs
PS: Patchou is still held captive in Paris. I've heard he's being tickle-tortured until he agrees to replace the optional sponsor program in Plus! with MSN Toolbar.
:rofl:
Welcome back Patchou :)
RE: Back from France! by _Humphreys on 11-08-2004 at 07:52 PM

Hey welcome back patchou! Hoped you enjoyed your trip, you deserve a break from time to time as long as you keep making plus the best you can 8o| lol joking.

RE: Back from France! by Choli on 11-08-2004 at 07:53 PM

Welcome back Patchito! Nice to know you've enjoyed your stance in La France :)

RE: Back from France! by Maniac on 11-08-2004 at 10:11 PM

Welcome back! good to see you haven't misteriously dissapeared.... :banana:

RE: Back from France! by Stijn on 11-08-2004 at 11:20 PM

good 2 know u r back from france!!;);)hope u had fun:D:D keep up the good work patchou!!:P:P

RE: Back from France! by Patchou on 11-08-2004 at 11:53 PM

For reference, I almost never check my PMs (too much of them, just email me :)). As for my visitof Paris with TB and Aparik, it was quite nice and yes, the pigeons are really preparing something.

The new beta will be bug fixes only, new stuff will be for the release :).

RE: Back from France! by Pipish on 11-09-2004 at 05:02 AM

Sounds like you had fun,Welcome back:)

RE: RE: Back from France! by stuartbennett on 11-09-2004 at 06:54 AM

quote:
For reference, I almost never check my PMs (too much of them, just email me :)). As for my visitof Paris with TB and Aparik, it was quite nice and yes, the pigeons are really preparing something.

The new beta will be bug fixes only, new stuff will be for the release :).

ok patchou fair enough bug fixes only. so when roughly do you expect the new beta will be ready. no preasure my friend, well not from me anyways as i havent dioscovered these bugs yet but i always like to have the latest versions installedis all.
RE: Back from France! by Chrono on 11-09-2004 at 07:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
We have these rumors because many of the people from irc made up there own versions, as like a game of chiense wispers.

quote:
from irc
23:08:22] <Stigmata> so what do you guys feel about selling out?
[23:08:31] <Underlord> =\?
[23:08:32] <@Tochjo> selling out?
[23:08:44] * Joins: angie20 (~msgplus@MsgPlus-81E19958.upc-e.chello.nl)
[23:08:54] <Stigmata> well not excatly selling out
[23:09:00] <Stigmata> but something you have done for ages
[23:09:07] <Stigmata> and a big company come and buy this thing
[23:09:08] <Stigmata>
[23:09:13] <Stigmata> what do you think about it
[23:09:15] <Underlord> ?
[23:09:25] <@Tochjo> buying Messenger Plus!?
[23:09:32] <Stigmata> not excatly
[23:09:39] <Stigmata> all should come clear soon

if u didnt make such dodgy comments, there wouldnt have been any rumours :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

and more :rolleyes:

* Chrono slaps stigmata around a bit with a large trout.

i wasnt there anyway, so... :P

RE: Back from France! by user27089 on 11-09-2004 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
We have these rumors because many of the people from irc made up there own versions, as like a game of chiense wispers.

if u didnt make such dodgy comments, there wouldnt have been any rumours :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

and more :rolleyes:

* Chrono slaps stigmata around a bit with a large trout.

i wasnt there anyway, so... :P

I told him chrono! Lol, In a convo, that he deleted out of one of my earlier posts!! That he was wrong and stuff, he got all smart on me, and started coming out with loads of assumptions!! I can't post the convo without his permission so i won't.

Patchou, don't hurry at all with the new beta, just relax for a bit.. :p
RE: Back from France! by Hank on 11-09-2004 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I can't post the convo without his permission so i won't

Come on trax, brighten up this place a little, Shawnz did by starting the thread bout Microsoft haters :-)
RE: Back from France! by user27089 on 11-09-2004 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I can't post the convo without his permission so i won't

Come on trax, brighten up this place a little, Shawnz did by starting the thread bout Microsoft haters :-)
No i can't, i promised him that I wouldn't post anything including him, without his permission!
RE: Back from France! by Darkness2k on 11-09-2004 at 08:28 PM

Is this why a recent beta.microsoft survey regarding "future MSN" has questions about implementing features that MSNPlus already does?

I.E. Block whole groups, login as Offline mode, rename contacts.

RE: Back from France! by Angelwings on 11-09-2004 at 09:39 PM

I can't find a forum that is unlocked to post this message therefore.....
I downloaded Messenger plus and picked up a trojan virus swizzor.2.AQ   i am sure you are aware of this problem from other messages posted.   My concern is how do I get ride of it now....

Angelwings

RE: Back from France! by Tochjo on 11-09-2004 at 10:02 PM

Hello Angelwings,

It is understandable that you are a little worried when you see such a warning, and that you will not believe me right away when I say that the warning you see is a false one.

However, I do hope that after reading Note about Trojan detection, you will understand that the error is not true. It might help knowing that you are not the only one who reported it, so it's an easy mistake to make ;)

I hope this has cleared it up for you; if not, just ask another question :)

RE: RE: Back from France! by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Hello Angelwings,

It is understandable that you are a little worried when you see such a warning, and that you will not believe me right away when I say that the warning you see is a false one.

However, I do hope that after reading Note about Trojan detection, you will understand that the error is not true. It might help knowing that you are not the only one who reported it, so it's an easy mistake to make ;)

I hope this has cleared it up for you; if not, just ask another question :)

i know patchou wouldnt harm our system from what ive seen hes not that kind of person. personally i cant say ive seen the trojan/virus alert that was mentioned on that thread. however heres an idea for patchou. ever noticed that when installing stuffplug features all the added software thats not part of the main install if selected launches its own seperate installation program with its own seperate license agreement and such? well maybe if plus did that wih its sponsor where if at the sponsor screen you select the i agree option when you click next it launches the sponsor program in its own installation then users would notice that plus is installing another program on their system thus drawing there attention to read things prperly in future. its just a thought patchou.
RE: Back from France! by user27089 on 11-10-2004 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i know patchou wouldnt harm our system from what ive seen hes not that kind of person. personally i cant say ive seen the trojan/virus alert that was mentioned on that thread. however heres an idea for patchou. ever noticed that when installing stuffplug features all the added software thats not part of the main install if selected launches its own seperate installation program with its own seperate license agreement and such? well maybe if plus did that wih its sponsor where if at the sponsor screen you select the i agree option when you click next it launches the sponsor program in its own installation then users would notice that plus is installing another program on their system thus drawing there attention to read things prperly in future. its just a thought patchou.

I doubt it, Patchou has already tried some different versions of the Sponsor Agreement, he has chosen his favourite, and I'm positive that he'll keep it like it is now for a while... Has anyone else noticed the decrease in sponsor installations :S.
RE: Back from France! by Patchou on 11-10-2004 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Has anyone else notieed the decrease in sponsor installations
I did, and by a lot if it can make some of you feel happier ;).
RE: Back from France! by Chestah on 11-10-2004 at 09:14 AM

cheers Patchou :D!!!
can't wait to see you try and entertain us next year with more addons ;) not that you need them :P but o well never the less :D

RE: Back from France! by user27089 on 11-10-2004 at 09:34 AM

quote:
I did, and by a lot if it can make some of you feel happier ;).

It doesn't really make me feel any better, it leaves you out of a bit of extra cash....

RE: Back from France! by RZMessxx on 11-11-2004 at 03:30 AM

Hy patchou ive seen that there is something missing in msgplus!

have you see at right side of were you put tha game list
that is to block the person or change the window color there is missing the plus! thing that is on there were it said s you other plus! options like put thw winamp song click on it instead of writing the code that is (!WAT) that part of plus is missing if you understand what i'm saying please correct that mistake that is missing from plus

Ok

If you don't understand here is a display picture of what i'm saying

Rodrigo

www.imperio-msn.tk

Thanks for your time

RE: Back from France! by marissa on 11-11-2004 at 03:35 AM

That wasnt a plus! feature. Plus just added a menue to go into that. Notice how in msn 6.2 there were all msn mesenger features and the a plus area?

RE: Back from France! by HiChaM on 11-11-2004 at 04:18 PM

Welcome Back From France Cyril.

hope you had some time to see Paris

RE: Back from France! by El Marto on 11-11-2004 at 07:17 PM

welcome back dude

RE: Back from France! by Trewman on 11-13-2004 at 11:15 AM

Glad to see you had a fun time patchou. May I ask why france contacted you and not Microsoft in the US?

also ps: Undies contact me plz

RE: Back from France! by ZrednaZ on 11-14-2004 at 02:38 AM

What did they say more specifically regarding user statistics?

Did they say anything at all about the future of Messenger? Seems to me (by reading Neowin's summary) that they did nothing but show you some new, non-messenger related M$ programs... so you could go home and promote them on your forums, I presume... ^o)(H)

So, any news on Mess? Does their 'keep it simple' policy apply to Messenger, cuz it doesn't seem that way by looking at the Mess 7 beta. Some day people will start looking for a more simple alternative :P

RE: Back from France! by UrbanSpawn on 11-14-2004 at 08:23 PM

Welcome back Patch!!:) i hope u got some nice vacation..
Hope u got some great stuff in ur mind :P
I can wait to see some new stuff :P

RE: Back from France! by xolotzitl on 11-16-2004 at 02:12 AM

Que  bien  que regresaste, pensabamos  que  te habian raptado los de microsoft :P 

esperaremos  con ansias esas fotos

RE: Back from France! by stuartbennett on 11-16-2004 at 08:16 AM

xolot what doews that say i dont speak that language.

RE: Back from France! by Pyroteq on 11-16-2004 at 08:41 AM

Cant wait for the pics..Welcome back

RE: RE: Back from France! by neckaros on 11-18-2004 at 01:41 PM

Welcome back Patchou and thanks for your work and pation!

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
xolot what doews that say i dont speak that language.

quote:
That well that you returned, I think that you had collect information of those of Microsoft we will wait for those photos with anxieties

It is spanish :)
Not sure of the traduction... i'm french and i don"t speak a very good spanish ;)
RE: Back from France! by stuartbennett on 11-18-2004 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xolotzitl
Que  bien  que regresaste, pensabamos  que  te habian raptado los de microsoft   

i ran this through an onliune translater i just found and this was my result "That well that you returned, we were thinking that those had kidnapped you of microsoft we will wait with avidity for these photos" this doesnt make much sense but i do get the jist of what was meant by it now that i have managed to translate it.

RE: Back from France! by neckaros on 11-18-2004 at 04:06 PM

"That well that you returned, we were thinking that those of microsoft had kidnapped you. we will wait with avidity for these photos"
Maybe?

RE: Back from France! by Choli on 11-18-2004 at 10:35 PM

That can't be translated directly (and even less with a crappy online translator), because he uses special constructs. Anyway, the translation would be something similar to:

quote:
Yay!, you came back; we thought Microsoft had kidnapped you.

We're waiting those photos eagerly

RE: Back from France! by stuartbennett on 11-19-2004 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
That can't be translated directly (and even less with a crappy online translator), because he uses special constructs. Anyway, the translation would be something similar to:
oh ok thanks choli. i was using the translator at. http://www.online-translator.com/text.asp#tr_form as it is one of the only ways i know how to translate text.
RE: Back from France! by Lito on 11-19-2004 at 01:01 PM

Hey Patchou....welcome home bud!!! There is nothing like the Canadian life EH!! if you know what I mean lol hehehe. :D

Anyways, I just become member to this forum since I was advertising your little program on my website www.rodvial.com and I noticed that your banners are not showing!

Hope you were aware of this.

Well let me know whey will be putting some new flash banners hmm like the one from your website (pretty cool)

Hope to hear from you, from another programmer point of view ;)....

Lito

RE: Back from France! by IcyAngel on 11-19-2004 at 07:14 PM

Welcome back Patchou! Don't really know you but thought I'd like to drop you a message anyway, I'm nice :D

RE: Back from France! by jren207 on 11-20-2004 at 06:23 PM

Welcome back!!

:P

RE: Back from France! by msn_vb.net4322 on 11-24-2004 at 07:50 PM

yey welcome back Patchou glad to see your back, good to know you and dwergs didn't get kidnapped but you sure they didn't pressure you into putting the msn toolbar into the sponser program

yey i'm ergerly awaiting the new beta and cant wait for the final and the final of msn mess 7. keep up the good work!

RE: Back from France! by Alpha Binary on 11-26-2004 at 04:24 PM

glad to see you so highly motivated :)
welcome back!

RE: RE: Back from France! by the mexicano on 12-08-2004 at 12:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xolotzitl
Que  bien  que regresaste, pensabamos  que  te habian raptado los de microsoft :P 

I am mexican , i speak spanish (the language that xolotzit wrote in), What xolotzitl (xolotzitl is a mayan or aztec civilization name)
meant , with a very accurrate translation , not like the ones with the online translators is :

"""Its very good you returned , we thought that microsoft's people kidnapped you :P

We wait with exitement for those photographs """

thats it !!

By the way congrats to patchou and to all people who went to france ! , what can i do to go there ??

RE: Back from France! by warryor on 12-11-2004 at 01:40 PM

Heu,

you said you didn't let the "remove ad bar" option in the new plus! version for obvious reasons... could you explain...  Because Microsoft has put that option by themselves so all my friends and I have a white rectangle at the bottom of our msn window: as everybody's using anti-ad softwares, the only purpose of such a bar is to waste usefull space on the screens...

btw, if someone knows a good site where you can find a plugin that allows to remove the ad-banner, please send it to me: steven.dyle(at)gmail.com
Thanks a lot

RE: Back from France! by Choli on 12-11-2004 at 05:54 PM

read 'MSN advertisement banner' removal and go to mess.be and search there the crack to remove the adbanner.

RE: Back from France! by littleway on 12-12-2004 at 04:36 PM

why i can't download the msg plus for msg beta 7. izzit already removed??

RE: Back from France! by Mnjul on 12-12-2004 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by littleway
why i can't download the msg plus for msg beta 7. izzit already removed??
The server appears to be down at the moment, perhaps you may wait for a while... :)
RE: Back from France! by MessEnGer on 12-12-2004 at 04:55 PM

Hey littleway welcome to the forums

yes i just checked and there seems to be some problem with the msgplus.net website it is currently down for some reason

but  it surely will be back on prettly soon so please try after sometime

Edit : its back up , you can get it from MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.112 BETA

P.s. should'nt this be split ?

RE: Back from France! by littleway on 12-13-2004 at 12:38 PM

10x.. i am downloading it now...
:)

RE: Back from France! by yendik on 12-28-2004 at 11:56 PM

I just downloaded it ...I like the plus for 6.2 .jus trying to get some of my mate in the UK to download and try it out..they all liked plus for 6.2...........keep up the good work  (H)