Shoutbox

Thread pruned... Why? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Thread pruned... Why? (/showthread.php?tid=34305)

Thread pruned... Why? by CookieRevised on 11-10-2004 at 02:21 PM

in reference to AndreY's post.

How come this thread has been pruned? It is one of the more informative threads, which is becoming rare...  (clean of spam, double posts, repeated questions or anything of that kind)

yet it's gone :'(

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-10-2004 at 02:57 PM

I agree such threads where important information is posted in a clear way (mostly thanks to Cookie ;))  should get half-stuck in order to have them always visible or unprunable.

I'm sure this one was pruned by mistake, but well... Wanted to give my two-cents.

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-10-2004 at 03:34 PM

The subject is "JnrzLoader 6.1.0.211"? I'll restore it.

I shouldn't have pruned that one, but it's hard to tell if a thread is worthy of keeping without actually reading it, and that takes too long. I do mass pruning... hundreds of threads are deleted all at once, and I usually only look at the subject and the author. If a thread is posted by Patchou, for example, it will absolutely not be deleted. But when there isn't some obvious reason like that to keep it, I usually delete it.

I'm all for the "half-sticky" idea... I've thought about it before, but I'm lazy. :dodgy: Cookie could be allowed to do the half-sticking... :p There should be some kind of indicator that a thread is half-stuck... maybe a little image next to the subject in showthread where the thread rating is. *-)

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by andrey on 11-10-2004 at 03:38 PM

...who committed this crime :blah: ? wdz ? chrono ? :P

j/k, but it's a shame, cookies post was really informative

Edit:..oh, he admitted it already :blah: aargh

Yes, let's make cookie a half-sticky :chrongue:

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-10-2004 at 04:00 PM

Andrey: Chrono hasn't the guts to do that :P (he simply isn't admin)

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by CookieRevised on 11-10-2004 at 04:28 PM

lol, well I didn't want to stir up things though. It was more of a "reminder" that some posts (NOT only mine!) are informative. I knew WDZ often only reads the topic (what would you do when you need to prune 1000's of threads) and based on that prunes the thread.

I didn't wanted to blame anyone, only maybe start a discussion in finding a proper way to identify such threads.

Maybe some posts can simply be reposted though (like if it was 1 big informative post in a less informative/spammy thread), but for some threads, you need to read the whole thing...

Maybe making a list of some kind with "important" threads which may not be pruned? Something in between the thread-rating feature and the report-feature. Everybody can "recommend" a thread for not-pruning, but in the end admin decides.*

And I'm also thinking of an automatic redirection. For example like in this case. Let's say the thread has been pruned (because it contained to much offtopic/spam/etc...), but there was 1 informative post in it. Now, when people refer to that post, people will get the "this thread doesn't exist". Maybe it could be possible that the link is redirected to the reposted (new) message. If you know what I mean. *

(* note: these are just a wild thoughts, didn't think of the consequences/advantages/disadvantages/etc yet.)

;)

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-10-2004 at 05:13 PM

More about wild thoughts:

I thought of this quite a while ago (bleh, when I started to come here regularly :P) and still think there should be a Relevant Post Repository.

this means: A list with all posts the staff assumes are important enough to be somehow listed and/or stored.

This would have several advantages:

It would (like in this specific case) avoid they are deleted or pruned without the consent of the staff itself (Yes, I'm talking about deny the permission of the thread opener to delete it if it contains at least one of such posts). Prunage, would obviously ignore those threads.

If well applied, it could make something similar to google's sponsorized results: bringing them to the top of the results list when searched by term. In fact, searching would run a subquery among these flagged posts and afterwards the other posts (I recall having asked for this once for sticky threads, some time ago).

It would visually help people to find what they are looking for. I'd put a (I) as special icon for all the threads containing a Relevant Post and for the posts themselves (no matter if as list entry, completely shown or linked in threaded mode).

It would help helpers to find interesting threads easier and linking them in their posts (eg: the 0x... error posts).

Well, hope that's most of the advantages.

Disadvantages (like "how much work for only one person") have been ignored :p

Oh, forgot to say that the list should only be modified by admins and mods (maybe elites, too?).
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Chrono on 11-10-2004 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
wdz ? chrono ?
:cry:
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Chrono hasn't the guts to do that
:dodgy:
quote:
(he simply isn't admin)
now thats a better reason :chrongue:

Now about the "half stick" idea, i like it. Maybe the thread wont be sticked at all, but it will have some kind of mark.
The idea would be that every admin, mod and elite can "half stick" a thread, so wdz wont delete them when he's doing the prune :cheesy:

The only "bad" thing is that someone (probably cookie :P) will have to go to all his bookmarked threads and start to half stick them, but this is certainly a better idea than the "list" u are talking about, as its more efficient (Y)
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-10-2004 at 06:23 PM

Chrono, you didn't get me (again :dodgy:). Hope it's not because of my English :rolleyes:.

Well, the idea is indeed to flag the posts as relevant/interesting/whatsoever. After that, a digest of all flagged/tagged/marked posts would be self-generated and show a list with all the flagged posts. Nothing more, nothing less... :-/

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Chrono on 11-10-2004 at 06:28 PM

tbh i didnt read ur long post, just parts of it :refuck:
Now that i re-read ir (:dodgy:!) i think its a great idea :cheesy:

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Choli on 11-13-2004 at 12:51 AM

I like the idea of half-stuck posts. (I) Well, at the end, KeyStorm had a good idea:refuck:

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Wabz on 11-13-2004 at 02:42 AM

We could build a knowladge Base  A.K.A. a Cookierevised forum

Call it Knowladge Base move all useful threads here  and place them in either Messenger Knowladge or MsgPlus! Knowladge
Sub Forums.  And make some bizarre forum permissions to allow people like Cookie to move useful threads into this forum

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Underlord on 11-13-2004 at 04:46 AM

and make cookie a moderator on it :P.

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Choli on 11-13-2004 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
And make some bizarre forum permissions to allow people like Cookie to move useful threads into this forum
quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
and make cookie a moderator on it
i like the idea of a KB (knowledge Base) forums, but I don't think it's a good idea having a mod on those forums, neither allow some non-staff members move threads there.

IMO, the KB forum should be "read-only", ie: noone should be allowed to post there (make a new thread nor reply) *. Then, the staff (admins & smods) and maybe elites too should mark threads as half-stuck (the (I) thingy). Then, from time to time (dayly, weekly, i dunno...), someone of the staff should review those (I)-threads and move (or copy) to the KB forums the ones that really should be there.

* -> i think that the only permissions there should be edit own posts, and I'm not very sure.
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-13-2004 at 02:02 PM

The half stick idea is a bit dodgy, but I like it, i think that lightbulb (i) is a bit much though, the emote looks out of place in view latest posts......

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by saralk on 11-13-2004 at 04:26 PM

maybe a smaller lightbulb would be better,

and couldnt the marked topics list be used as the knowledge base?

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by CookieRevised on 11-13-2004 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
The half stick idea is a bit dodgy, but I like it, i think that lightbulb (i) is a bit much though, the emote looks out of place in view latest posts......
maybe put the lightbulb where the normal icon is for the thread (second column) and thus disregarding the normal icon (not much use anyways).
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-13-2004 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I like the idea of half-stuck posts. (I) Well, at the end, KeyStorm had a good idea:refuck:
Gaming Forums: (N)
Half-sticking: (Y)

Well, it's always 50% probabilities :refuck:

I don't really like the Knowledge Base form... That would imply the threads became closed and spam would be regarded there meven more strictly. While I still defend the Half-stuck-digest-page.

Oh, btw, I still think the posts should be regarded, because if you half-stick a 75-posts thread you'll have serious problems to find what was interesting about the topic and the reason for it to be half-stuck.

Or, well, instead of this: Why not a comment field nearby the halfstick button/action in order to paste in there a desription of what's relevant in the thread.
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-13-2004 at 09:33 PM

quote:
I've already gotten used to it... :-/

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
and couldnt the marked topics list be used as the knowledge base?
That's the plan at the moment.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
maybe put the lightbulb where the normal icon is for the thread (second column) and thus disregarding the normal icon (not much use anyways).
Well, I don't really want to disregard anything, but if a poll is made and people want the Half-Sticky icon moved, I'll do it.

quote:
Oh, btw, I still think the posts should be regarded, because if you half-stick a 75-posts thread you'll have serious problems to find what was interesting about the topic and the reason for it to be half-stuck.
A 75-post thread? That shouldn't be half-stuck at all, because it's probably spammy, or it includes more than one topic. :p

quote:
Or, well, instead of this: Why not a comment field nearby the halfstick button/action in order to paste in there a desription of what's relevant in the thread.
I don't want to add another large (text) database field unless I have to. I always have server load in mind... :p
RE: RE: Thread pruned... Why? by CookieRevised on 11-14-2004 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Well, I don't really want to disregard anything, but if a poll is made and people want the Half-Sticky icon moved, I'll do it.
To be clear: I meant only for that thread. Thus I don't mean disregard all the emoticons for all the threads, just only for the half-sticked ones.

In other words, there will be an extra icon (the lightbulb) in the "emoticondatabase for threads" (dunno how this works but I hope you'll know what I mean ;)). This icon will be used instead of the icon of the toppost of the thread if the thread is "half-stuck".

[Image: attachment.php?pid=336011]

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
A 75-post thread? That shouldn't be half-stuck at all, because it's probably spammy, or it includes more than one topic. :p
Ok, the 75-post thread is a bad example, but it is true that in many threads often 1 or two posts are the important ones (sometimes on another page, or after "bad/wrong/incomplete" posts). And sometimes those posts are a resume what has been said in the thread with added things or something. It would be good if there could be an indication of these posts, or that there is somewhere a link to this post (eg: on top of the thread, or when you click the lightbulb, or..., or...)
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-14-2004 at 11:54 AM

quote:
quote:

That would be much better. :)

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Gaming Forums: (N)
Half-sticking: (Y)

Well, it's always 50% probabilities :refuck:

I don't really like the Knowledge Base form... That would imply the threads became closed and spam would be regarded there meven more strictly. While I still defend the Half-stuck-digest-page.

I think a knowledge base forum would be great, you could just go into it and find a topic, and link to it, then again, we could do that with the other threads anyway...

The comment idea is good, but wouldn't it mess up the interface, maybe a popup box like we have for the reputation and report.
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-14-2004 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I don't want to add another large (text) database field unless I have to. I always have server load in mind...
Nah... Varchar(128) will be enough ;)

quote:
The comment idea is good, but wouldn't it mess up the interface, maybe a popup box like we have for the reputation and report.
Only half-stickers would see that, so I don't think it's really a matter of layout.

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-14-2004 at 12:33 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I don't want to add another large (text) database field unless I have to. I always have server load in mind...
Nah... Varchar(128) will be enough ;)

quote:
Only half-stickers would see that, so I don't think it's really a matter of layout.

but i'm sure the 'half-stickers' wouldn't like the layout to be messy, so why not have a popup box for quicker and easier response.. ;)
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-14-2004 at 12:36 PM

quote:
but i'm sure the 'half-stickers' wouldn't like the layout to be messy, so why not have a popup box for quicker and easier response..
So you think quick reply should go in a popup?

Nah, It's would be just a text input , a checkbox and a button below the quickreply, where the mod tools are placed. It won't mess it up at all. ;)
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Wabz on 11-14-2004 at 02:03 PM

Well MyBB has an option to Copy posts doesn't it?

Perhaps an extension of this to move Useful Posts from Threads elsewhere

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-14-2004 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Well MyBB has an option to Copy posts doesn't it?

Perhaps an extension of this to move Useful Posts from Threads elsewhere
Nah, posts are usually only useful in a senseful context. If it's an answer, you will need the question first. ;)
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-14-2004 at 08:07 PM

Do you mean like this, cause if its here, then i'll take it back that it'll mess up the layout ;)... Either way, I won't see it...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=336178]

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-14-2004 at 09:17 PM

Nope, this is my idea:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=336201]
(click to enlarge)

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Choli on 11-14-2004 at 10:17 PM

I like KeyStorm's idea (Y)

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-15-2004 at 04:45 AM

quote:
To be clear: I meant only for that thread. Thus I don't mean disregard all the emoticons for all the threads, just only for the half-sticked ones.
Yeah, I know. Disregarding the icon for even one thread seems kinda dodgy though. :p However, as I said, I'll do it if that's what people want.

quote:
Ok, the 75-post thread is a bad example, but it is true that in many threads often 1 or two posts are the important ones (sometimes on another page, or after "bad/wrong/incomplete" posts). And sometimes those posts are a resume what has been said in the thread with added things or something.
Maybe... maybe. :dodgy: I was hoping to keep it simple and just do it by thread. What if there are multiple useful posts within a thread? Like if one member answers a question, then another member provides some additional information? :^)

quote:
I think a knowledge base forum would be great, you could just go into it and find a topic
The same is true for what I've already coded and am currently testing: a page that simply lists all the important threads. They'll show up on the list no matter what forum they're in, and even be organized by forum.
RE: RE: Thread pruned... Why? by CookieRevised on 11-15-2004 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Yeah, I know. Disregarding the icon for even one thread seems kinda dodgy though. :p However, as I said, I'll do it if that's what people want.
it looks slightly better though... at least IMHO... :D

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Ok, the 75-post thread is a bad example, but it is true that in many threads often 1 or two posts are the important ones (sometimes on another page, or after "bad/wrong/incomplete" posts). And sometimes those posts are a resume what has been said in the thread with added things or something.
Maybe... maybe. :dodgy: I was hoping to keep it simple and just do it by thread. What if there are multiple useful posts within a thread? Like if one member answers a question, then another member provides some additional information? :^)
Yep, that's why I'm in favor for a link which links to the first "important" post (or first post were you could start reading to get the context). That's the reason why I suggested that when you click on the lightbulb you will be taken to a certain post within that thread (or something). If the whole thread is important then, of course, it would be the toppost.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
I think a knowledge base forum would be great, you could just go into it and find a topic
The same is true for what I've already coded and am currently testing: a page that simply lists all the important threads. They'll show up on the list no matter what forum they're in, and even be organized by forum.
(Y)
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-15-2004 at 07:28 PM

quote:
it looks slightly better though... at least IMHO...
Blah... I'll change it since I'm messing with the code anyway. I think it's less noticable like this though. :-/ It really stood out before, because there are never any images in the subject column.

quote:
Yep, that's why I'm in favor for a link which links to the first "important" post (or first post were you could start reading to get the context). That's the reason why I suggested that when you click on the lightbulb you will be taken to a certain post within that thread (or something). If the whole thread is important then, of course, it would be the toppost.
Yeah, I guess I'll add a way to store a pid too. If I do that, there will be less of a need for a comment field. :D

The main issue in my mind right now though is how do you quickly half-stick a thread while specifying a certain post? I was planning to have one link to cover the whole thread... having individual links for each post would be less efficient, and there aren't any good places to put them, IMO.

Would it be OK if a form was always involved in the half-sticking process? The URL or IDs could be pasted in, then you click a submit button.
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-15-2004 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:

That sounds awesome, its just one page then? And the admin or whatever can just add important threads to this list, and they will remain there, but they're still postable in some circumstances?

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-15-2004 at 07:54 PM

quote:
its just one page then?
Well, there is a main page, but it shows a limited number of results so it doesn't get too big. You can open another page that only shows a certain forum, and all the important threads in that forum.

quote:
And the admin or whatever can just add important threads to this list
Yeah... admins, mods, and elites should be able to easily add threads.

quote:
and they will remain there
Yeah, probably forever, since they'll have "prune immunity" :p

quote:
but they're still postable in some circumstances?
They're just normal threads, so you can post in them if they're open.
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-15-2004 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Well, there is a main page, but it shows a limited number of results so it doesn't get too big. You can open another page that only shows a certain forum, and all the important threads in that forum.

So basically, it will just be another forum basically, but containing the redirects to the other forums, or will the threads be moved? Because if they're moved, then surely some who has wrote an essay might try and post and the thread will be non-existent, I know that if you press back, then everything that you wrote, should be in the text box, but (no offence to anyone), what if someone who's not as internet smart to know this does it..
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-15-2004 at 08:06 PM

All it is is a way to display certain threads. It's the same as View Latest Posts and stuff. Threads from all different forums are shown on one page. They aren't moved or anything. |-)

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-15-2004 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
All it is is a way to display certain threads. It's the same as View Latest Posts and stuff. Threads from all different forums are shown on one page. They aren't moved or anything. |-)

Well then the idea sounds awesome, how far are you into creating it, is it done and you're testing it or is it still incomplete?? If its done, then when will it be integrated into the forum>?
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-15-2004 at 08:19 PM

Nope, it will be like a Post Digest with the most relevant posts.
This means a list of links to the threads/posts the half-stickers found interesting in different ways.

This way it could act like a LFAQ (Less Frequently Asked Questions) page. Containing the responses to the 0x-errors, for example.

Let me suggest a slight modification: Could we have them grouped by topics/forums? It will get messy if there are MsgPlus and Tech posts together (well, just in the case other posts than about MsgPlus will ever be half-stickable).

Edit: I (L) that clicking on the lightbulb brings you to the post. Brilliant!

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-15-2004 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Nope, it will be like a Post Digest with the most relevant posts.
This means a list of links to the threads/posts the half-stickers found interesting in different ways.

This way it could act like a LFAQ (Less Frequently Asked Questions) page. Containing the responses to the 0x-errors, for example.

Yep. :banana:

quote:
Let me suggest a slight modification: Could we have them grouped by topics/forums? It will get messy if there are MsgPlus and Tech posts together (well, just in the case other posts than about MsgPlus will ever be half-stickable).
Read what I said above: "and even be organized by forum"

They will be grouped by forum. The grouping was actually the most challenging part to code. :dodgy:

quote:
Edit: I (L) that clicking on the lightbulb brings you to the post. Brilliant!
There is a working example in Annoucements & News right now... :p

quote:
Well then the idea sounds awesome, how far are you into creating it, is it done and you're testing it or is it still incomplete?? If its done, then when will it be integrated into the forum>?
It's almost done, but I need to figure out the easiest way to add threads with specific posts. :dodgy:
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-15-2004 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
It's almost done, but I need to figure out the easiest way to add threads with specific posts. :dodgy:
Couldn't you have the check boxes that are there on some forum that are usually used for splitting threads, but you have a choice whether to split the thread or send it to there..

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-15-2004 at 08:54 PM

O just a link/button there where it says "IP Adress: Logged"

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-15-2004 at 08:55 PM

quote:

yea, or it could just take you to a page like it does when you split a thread or something.. That would be much easier that all of this mumbo-jumbo IMO.
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-15-2004 at 09:06 PM

I don't really think that those checkboxes would be rally needes, you'd usually only half-stick one post.

Again to the Comment issue: I'm afraid it's needed, because many threads use to have bad thread names, and we won't be really able to determine what's interesting in Reply to "Help Me, Please" by CookieRevised".

I'd Personally make only a DB column in this format:
[/code][pid]|[escaped comment][/code]

Eg:

code:
"336448|WDZ being happy about himself"

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-15-2004 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Any suggestions for the text or image? ^o)

quote:
Again to the Comment issue: I'm afraid it's needed, because many threads use to have bad thread names, and we won't be really able to determine what's interesting in Reply to "Help Me, Please" by CookieRevised".
Blah... that's true, and it's part of the reason why I prune threads that should stay. You win this time... comments will be supported, but I'm going to put a dodgy limit on them like 100 characters so they don't waste too much space in this small font. That's more than enough to say "CookieRevised lists and explains in detail the various types of Messenger blah blah blah" :p And of course the comments will be optional.

Hmm... one more advantage of comments is that more detail can be on the page, and therefore there are more chances of finding something with Ctrl+F. :pound:

Update: Comments are now implemented. However, I've made a complicated mess of the code for the Add Thread page with all my modifications. I think I'll be re-writing it tomorrow. :^) Oh, and now that we have comments, I should probably make a way for them to be edited without deleting and re-adding. :^)
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-16-2004 at 04:27 PM

I've thought about some icons like a switched off lighbulb or a thumbtack, but they seem a bit crappy. I'd use a textual link or a checkbox.

Btw, are you gonna avoid people to half-stick several posts in one thread?

There could be several interesting posts in the announcement by of the public beta worth the half-sticking.

Given this case: what would happen when you press the lightbulb? Could you make the digest-page restrictable to fid (and tid)?

Bit more complicated, though, but not too much :P

ahm... what if you put a link to the interesting post as a small message at the top of the threadspage (like the report-box)? :rolleyes:

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by WDZ on 11-17-2004 at 03:58 AM

quote:
I've thought about some icons like a switched off lighbulb or a thumbtack, but they seem a bit crappy. I'd use a textual link or a checkbox.
I'm not making a link until someone tells me exactly what it should look like and where it should be, because I'm not a designer, and I've got nothing right now. :p

quote:
Btw, are you gonna avoid people to half-stick several posts in one thread?
Yeah, and that's pretty much final, I think.

quote:
ahm... what if you put a link to the interesting post as a small message at the top of the threadspage (like the report-box)?
I don't really like the idea. It's not important enough to give it that space and level of attention, IMO. There will be links on important.php, forumdisplay.php, and latest.php which should be enough.
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by Millenium_edition on 11-17-2004 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Yeah, and that's pretty much final, I think.
add a lightbulb next to the post that's intresting. and don't make it one-a-thread, you can have multiple lightbulbs :(
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by .Roy on 11-17-2004 at 03:32 PM

i say delete old threads... So other threads dont have to be deleted in its stead...

RE: Thread pruned... Why? by KeyStorm on 11-17-2004 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
i say delete old threads... So other threads dont have to be deleted in its stead...
I say read the damn thread :@
Also, if deleted, the postcounts would get messed up
RE: Thread pruned... Why? by user27089 on 11-17-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DureX
I say read the damn thread :@
Also, if deleted, the postcounts would get messed up

I don't get it, you want the threads to be deleted, I don't, If its a major thread where you've posted say 30 times, then ur post count will be decreased, a lot of people won't want this..