Shoutbox

Butterflies flew away - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Butterflies flew away (/showthread.php?tid=34347)

Butterflies flew away by Birdie on 11-11-2004 at 10:19 PM

The butterflies on the side of each name to let me send a message when the person is not on, etc. disappeared. I no longer have the options.
Birdie

RE: Butterflies flew away by Maniac on 11-11-2004 at 10:23 PM

That was taken off from the new beta version because of the way msn 7 works, you could go back to previous versions to get it back.

RE: Butterflies flew away by Sunshine on 11-11-2004 at 10:25 PM

Are you using a skin for MSN messenger?  If so, reinstall MSN messenger..if not uninstall and reinstall plus! ;)

RE: Butterflies flew away by Birdie on 11-11-2004 at 11:59 PM

I figured that is what someone would say. Not sure I am going to keep it. I read where even if the search bar is not installed it might be spyware. I got a yellow flag because of it when I ran a PCPitstop.

RE: Butterflies flew away by andrey on 11-12-2004 at 12:16 AM

If you ticked [Image: mp3_sponsor.png] "I refuse, do not install the sponsor program in the Messenger Plus! setup, then the sponsor will not be installed. Although Messenger Plus is listed in some Anti Virus programs as "Spyware", when you refuse to instal the sponsor, no Spyware, Adware whatsoever will be installed on your computer.

RE: Butterflies flew away by Birdie on 11-12-2004 at 03:25 AM

I did not let it install that and still got a  flag on it at pcpitstop. It said some people had reported that it installed it anyway. Mine did not.
I like it. I just want the feature back to be able to send messages to people when they are not signed in. I guess I have to uninstall first? Then reinstall? I can not go over it?

RE: Butterflies flew away by Concord Dawn on 11-12-2004 at 04:16 AM

You can set this by right clicking on the contact and then going to Messenger Plus! Extras->Set Come-Back Message. The Extras menu is exactly what the icon represented, just the icon was more convienient.

RE: Butterflies flew away by Sunshine on 11-12-2004 at 09:30 AM

Yep, uninstall first..and if you have installed the sponsor and removed parts with ad/spywareremoval program ...reinstall with sponsor again. Note: make sure your internetbrowser is fully closed when you uninstall (from taskbar and systray also)

Then uninstall, reboot and reinstall without sponsor ;)