Shoutbox

msn display picture error :S - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msn display picture error :S (/showthread.php?tid=34371)

msn display picture error :S by Osiris on 11-12-2004 at 07:09 PM

my msn has recently decided that i can no longer add new display pictures, i have tried uninstalling msn, deleting the application data for it and reinstalling it. and it still doenst work. anyone any ideas? - i have newest version of msn and plus! and i do have stuffplug-ng. - when i try and add new pictures msn has a error and closes.

RE: msn display picture error :S by Sunshine on 11-12-2004 at 07:55 PM

Did you delete this folder too?

C:\Documents and Settings\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<ID number >\UserTile

As this is the folder wich stores your display pictures, they are named TFR<number>.tmp or TFR<number>.dat  but actually they are just PNG's with the extension renamed.

I attached a lil program that will help you determine wich IDnumber is yours.

RE: msn display picture error :S by toddy on 11-12-2004 at 08:01 PM

by latest msn do u mean msn messenger 7 ????

disable stuffplug-ng and then try add your picture, so it it works then

RE: msn display picture error :S by Osiris on 11-12-2004 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Did you delete this folder too?

C:\Documents and Settings\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<ID number >\UserTile

yeah i did delete it. deleted all of the msn messenger folder and im the only user of this pc.

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
by latest msn do u mean msn messenger 7 ????

disable stuffplug-ng and then try add your picture, so it it works then

msn 6.2, and when i disabled stuffplug-ng i could add pictures. ill try reinstalling stuffplug-ng

EDIT: its definitely stuffplug related... when it tries to use a stuffplug command my msn crashes. im using the plus! beta ill try downgrading that

EDIT2: downgraded to the plus! 3.25.106 and it still doesnt work... is it worth trying the development version of stuff plug :^)