Shoutbox

suggestion: RPG - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestion: RPG (/showthread.php?tid=34381)

suggestion: RPG by fortnox on 11-12-2004 at 11:31 PM

well ive searched all other, about and such, google mess.be, and i thought why not suggest it. anyway, me and some of my freinds got the hand writing mod, and drew pictures of us beating each other up DBZ-style. and i thought, wow a EXP-gaining plugin would b cool right now, for that matter so would a battle plugin. i think it cold work,  use commands like /xchallenge <name> to challenge a contact, then list stats, and from then on, its open-minded, theres lots of ways to do a RPG battle. it could just be rolling dices, yet it could be picking attacks and Xing them by the opponents stats and stuff like that. what u think?

RE: suggestion: RPG by Patchou on 11-13-2004 at 08:49 AM

That could be a nice plugin to share with friends... I hope someone will be interested :)

RE: suggestion: RPG by CookieRevised on 11-13-2004 at 10:38 AM

Nice idea. Although a plugin wouldn't be my first choice as it has has its limits. eg:

The stats: They need to be syncronized each time with all the contacts that have the same battle, etc...

Also you're limited to your personal contactlist (unless some of your contacts invite another person from their contactlist, but the sync-problem still remains).

There is also maybe a privacy issue involved.

Maybe this could much better be made as a bot which you need to add as a contact. ;)

just a suggestion ;)

RE: suggestion: RPG by FrozernFire on 11-13-2004 at 02:12 PM

there are actually some bots doing this, but most of them are betas and on my list, they are offline at the moment for recoding. either a bot could be made, or a plugin that is connected to a server

RE: suggestion: RPG by _Humphreys on 11-13-2004 at 07:24 PM

.. Well Patchou did make that pirate qoute fight thing  (Did he or did MSN?) so I don't think it would be that hard to make.

RE: suggestion: RPG by CookieRevised on 11-14-2004 at 10:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
. Well Patchou did make that pirate qoute fight thing  (Did he or did MSN?)
Such a easter egg is something from Patchou, of course :P

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
so I don't think it would be that hard to make.
That is something completely different. First of all, it is programmed inside Plus! itself. With plugins you can't do everything what Patchou can do in his own program. Second, that swordfight thing doesn't keep stats or anything and the suggested plugin would work completely different, the only same thing would be the "battle"/interaction between 2 contacts.
RE: suggestion: RPG by user27089 on 11-14-2004 at 07:15 PM

I don't really see the point in the concept of this, why have it in MSN, I don't think it would be that interesting going around typing in something like:

/attack
/defend

or whatever. IMO, this would get a slightly annoying feature if someone keeps opening the convo, and it says something like, 'Your Health has been decreased'...

If you want to play an rpg, why not Just use a decent site, saying that, do you know any decent rpg sites?

RE: suggestion: RPG by Patchou on 11-15-2004 at 02:35 AM

Note for future reference: the combat easter egg (the "pirate thing") could be entirely coded as a Messenger Plus! plugin.

RE: suggestion: RPG by .Roy on 11-15-2004 at 05:23 AM

good idea :-) I like it! Try to pm some of of the good programmers and plugin makers like The Blasphemer.. Hes great

RE: suggestion: RPG by ninja on 11-15-2004 at 06:10 AM

Could work... but it would need a server to store the stats

RE: suggestion: RPG by .Roy on 11-15-2004 at 01:55 PM

thats true.. but how many people would actually use this.. not many so  even some free hosting will be enogh space i think

RE: suggestion: RPG by saralk on 11-15-2004 at 09:52 PM

a free hosting server would be too slow.

However, I dont think it'd take too much space on a server,

There would be little coding needed, only some front end system to send/retrieve data from a database, which wouldnt need much stuff saved to it.

Just...

email, health, weapons, shields

or whatever.