Shoutbox

Website Translation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Website Translation (/showthread.php?tid=34435)

Website Translation by panos78 on 11-14-2004 at 01:15 PM

I would like to ask how can I start translating the website?
I send an email and a private messege to Patchou but probably he is very busy this period because he didn't answer.
Does anyone else know how can I start?
:)

RE: Website Translation by Kian on 11-14-2004 at 02:00 PM

is it possible to translate the webpage without the program? - anyway i dont know of thats the situation but i guess some of the admins will be able to tell you :) have patiance :D

// Kian
lets get one thing straight - i am not (straight)

RE: Website Translation by Choli on 11-14-2004 at 04:25 PM

Patchou (he and only he) has to send you a file that you have to translate. You can't get that file from anywhere but from Patchou (we could send the file to you, but I dunno if we're allowed. In any case, it's always better that Patchou does that himself)

RE: Website Translation by CookieRevised on 11-14-2004 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by panos78
I would like to ask how can I start translating the website?
I send an email and a private messege to Patchou but probably he is very busy this period because he didn't answer.
Does anyone else know how can I start?
Sending a PM wouldn't do much, as Patchou often doesn't have the time to read all the PM's he get. Sending an email is however the proper way of contacting him, just wait until you recieve the instructions.

PS: I also sent him an email regarding the website translation on November 3th and he hasn't replied (or updated the translation) yet either, so....

quote:
Originally posted by Kian
is it possible to translate the webpage without the program?
Without the program? what program? The translation is done almost in the same way as Messenger Plus! is translated: by editing a file (in whatever texteditor you like).

;)

EDIT: note to myself: write faster so that Choli doesn't respond in the meantime. :P
RE: Website Translation by panos78 on 11-14-2004 at 06:34 PM

OK! I think I will have to wait!

RE: RE: Website Translation by Kian on 11-14-2004 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by someone

quote:
Originally posted by Kian
is it possible to translate the webpage without the program?
Without the program? what program? The translation is done almost in the same way as Messenger Plus! is translated: by editing a file (in whatever texteditor you like).

;)

I just thought that this guy wanted to translate the webpage and not the program (and hereby i am thinking of Plus!)

// Kian
I waaaaant to beee straiiight (as if)
RE: Website Translation by panos78 on 11-14-2004 at 06:53 PM

I translated already the program!
The thread is for the website!:)

RE: Website Translation by rix on 11-14-2004 at 07:46 PM

You should contact MenthiX for website translation. Btw, what language would you translate? Austrian?

RE: Website Translation by Choli on 11-14-2004 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
You should contact MenthiX for website translation
MenthiX? I don't think he has access to the files in msgplus.net. Only Patchou can do that.
RE: RE: Website Translation by rix on 11-14-2004 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
You should contact MenthiX for website translation. Btw, what language would you translate? Austrian?

Yes, MenthiX is official MsgPlus Translators DB Admin. Atleast I talked to him on same thread and got permission to translate webpage.
RE: Website Translation by panos78 on 11-14-2004 at 09:27 PM

I translate greek. This is my native language!
I will try to get in contact with MenthiX in case he can help!:)

RE: Website Translation by CookieRevised on 11-14-2004 at 11:43 PM

Menthix is indeed the manager of the translators database, but that only means he has all the contact addresses (emails) of the translators and knows who's doing what.

As far as I know, he can't give permission and certainly can't give out the data (the files) needed for translating, only Patchou can. I might be wrong though, but this is the first I heared about it....

But, panos78, since you're an official translator it seems, you should've recieved all the info already to start translating the website.... ^o)

RE: Website Translation by panos78 on 11-15-2004 at 08:59 AM

I should have but.... maybe Patchou forgot me or the most probable he has too much to do!
I was in contact with MenthiX and you were right, he has only the names' database.
The only think I can do is waiting for Patchou.:)

RE: Website Translation by rix on 11-15-2004 at 03:02 PM

Dealing with the website translation, I sent 2 PM. One to Patchou and one to MenthiX. First PM was few months earlier. The truth is, if I contacted MenthiX, I got reply from him, and Patchou and my co-translators very quickly. For now, I still have'nt got reply from message I sent to Patchou :)