Shoutbox

Plus Conflicts With Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus Conflicts With Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=34469)

Plus Conflicts With Messenger by Gonçalo Cruz on 11-15-2004 at 08:16 PM

My Messenger has been always working well with plus but once it starts to conflict and they didn't work toguether anymore i have to kill Plus process to use MSN Messenger! What do i need to do to put the both well? i've got more progs to messenger besides plus but i try evrithing (incluning unisntall e reinstall) but nothing work! what  i've got to do?

RE: Plus Conflicts With Messenger by user27089 on 11-15-2004 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gonçalo Cruz
My Messenger has been always working well with plus but once it starts to conflict and they didn't work toguether anymore i have to kill Plus process to use MSN Messenger! What do i need to do to put the both well? i've got more progs to messenger besides plus but i try evrithing (incluning unisntall e reinstall) but nothing work! what  i've got to do?

AFAIK, nothing really conficts with messenger plus! a lot, if you have StuffPlug install and messenger discovery, then there will be some conflict caused, other than that, there shouldn't be any other problems. It may be a problem if you do have a lot of extensions for MSN Messenger, they might be causing a major conflict, maybe you should try removing some of them, or check the compatibility for plus!
RE: Plus Conflicts With Messenger by eckocomplex on 11-15-2004 at 09:45 PM

Stop right there, this isn't MessengerDiscovery's fault.

quote:
Plus Conflicts With Messenger

RE: Plus Conflicts With Messenger by user27089 on 11-15-2004 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eckocomplex
Stop right there, this isn't MessengerDiscovery's fault.

I'm not blaming messenger discovery for the problem.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
f you have StuffPlug install and messenger discovery, then there will be some conflict caused, other than that, there shouldn't be any other problems.

Please read my posts more carfully.

RE: Plus Conflicts With Messenger by Patchou on 11-16-2004 at 02:40 AM

Please calm down eckocomplex.

As for the problem, I suggest you disable the plugisn feature in Messenger Plus! and restart Messenger. If it dfoesn't work, try removing other 3rd party plugins that may be installed.

RE: Plus Conflicts With Messenger by eckocomplex on 11-16-2004 at 11:21 AM

Sorry but I have to take an aggressive stance on the continious blame on MessengerDiscovery when the user doesn't even report its use. I know how easy (and even promoted) it is to place the blame on MessengerDiscovery but it's geting outrageous. When the user reports "I have MessengerDiscovery" then sure blame MD all you like, it would be justified. Even still, I (and anyone who actualy thinks twice), would have their doubts as MessengerDiscovery doesn't hook into Messenger in any way (a method 103248230942 times more likely to cause instability than opening a port, that number is an estimate - don't quote me on it). If MessengerDiscovery were to crash something it would be itself.

Sorry if I came off a little angry (if anything I was quoting my favourite movie) but it's tiring to have incorrect posts like these reported to me day-in-day-out which cause nothing but bad rumors/publicity and a pain in my ass :).

Peace out (H).