Shoutbox

[Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names (/showthread.php?tid=34472)

[Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by alebowgm on 11-15-2004 at 09:58 PM

Here is one I dont think anyone has thought of.

If you look at your logs, Plus has the ability to keep changes of user names, etc. However, I think it would be cool if there was a GUI version of this feature, so it showed what the past user names for the person is, how long they had it as their username, etc. Just stats on that.

I like looking at everyones unique names... lol...

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by _Humphreys on 11-15-2004 at 10:12 PM

This would be an excellent idea for Plus. I would like to see in plus! but maybe someone could make it into a plug-in....  (Y):).

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by Purity on 11-15-2004 at 11:17 PM

Awsome idea man, this should be in plus!:P

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by alebowgm on 11-15-2004 at 11:30 PM

What do we need to do, to get Patchou to do this?

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by Gergith on 11-16-2004 at 01:15 AM

hey, to be honest, i have actually thought of that, sorta! :p

i have been learning visual c++ .net, just got the compiler, and attempting to learn to actually program visual programs, only knew command line! anyways, i have been ccreating a log reader with different random features, and i LOVE statistics, i was going to show all your own usernames from the logs in order, so you could see alll the changes your name has gone through (Y) i am no where near completion though, and this is different then i thought of! but it is really really good none the less!

it would be really cool if someone could do this! who knows, ill have a try at something myself, but last time i attempted to make a plugin it failed horribly :p

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by Patchou on 11-16-2004 at 02:35 AM

This kind of statistic couldeasily be done in a plugin... any volunteer? :)

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by Guido on 11-16-2004 at 04:09 AM

Certainly a great idea (Y)

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by _Humphreys on 11-16-2004 at 08:20 AM

Well I was hinting to puting it in my/Anubis's Plug-in in March if people want it we will try to get it in for the first version but if we don't it will be released in april as we ae doing a 2nd version straight after (look in my blog for future updates about the plug-in.)

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by CookieRevised on 11-16-2004 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gergith
i have been ccreating a log reader with different random features, and i LOVE statistics, i was going to show all your own usernames from the logs in order, so you could see alll the changes your name has gone through
If you base it upon your logs, you will have some difficulties as nicknames aren't completely saved in the logs by default. Look up the threads about Lopardo's Log Viewer and you'll see how difficult it is to make something accurate if you base it upon the logs....

Lopardo's Log Viewer:
http://360software.dakotabcn.net/logviewer/
RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by Gergith on 11-16-2004 at 03:56 PM

i know the difficulty involved, it wouldnt be that hard really if peoples settings were right.. i have been toying with an idea of making a couple of programs all with the sole task of PERFECTLY loging chats, and viewing them, and by perfect, i mean dp's and custo emoticons too (Y)

RE: [Suggestion] GUI interface for Past Names by alebowgm on 11-19-2004 at 04:05 AM

Well, there is already an event viewer. I am just talking about personalizing it to show when they change their nicknames, etc...