Shoutbox

temp disable auto message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: temp disable auto message (/showthread.php?tid=34476)

temp disable auto message by Gergith on 11-16-2004 at 12:53 AM

there should be a way/setting that allows you to temp disable the automessage easier

i had an idea of a setting that stops auto messaging from happening when you send your own message to someon, and then would start up again once the window was shut

so if im in away, with an auto message, if i opened a window with joe blow and said hey, it would temp disable the auto message till i shut the window

either that, or possibly a simple / comand

so like something like

/stopamsg

and allow the switches to just be your message, so you could do it like this

/stopamsg hey! how are you?

gergith says:
hey! how are you?

RE: temp disable auto message by Patchou on 11-16-2004 at 02:36 AM

You can already temporarily disable automessages until the window is closed just be unchecking the "personalised status" option in the Plus! menu of the chat window :).

RE: temp disable auto message by FrozernFire on 11-16-2004 at 05:15 AM

you can also put shortcuts to get you out of personalised status. eg. mine is alt+O, so whenever im back at the computer, i will just type that

RE: temp disable auto message by Gergith on 11-16-2004 at 05:40 AM

i know that, but its kinda annoying going through all that work if youd like to stay in the auto away way and talk to lots of people

RE: temp disable auto message by CookieRevised on 11-16-2004 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gergith
i know that, but its kinda annoying going through all that work if youd like to stay in the auto away way and talk to lots of people

all that work? It only requires 1 mouse click :undecided:
RE: temp disable auto message by Chrono on 11-16-2004 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1 mouse click 
2 mouse clicks :P
RE: temp disable auto message by KeyStorm on 11-16-2004 at 02:39 PM

4 if you're in "hide window frame" mode :refuck:

RE: temp disable auto message by Gergith on 11-16-2004 at 03:57 PM

4, and what if oyu want to talk to llots of people, its just a hassle, annoying, obviouslyy there are work arounds, but id like to see this, either as well, or instead of, purely becaue the only reason you temp disable them is if your talking ot the person anyways, so why not set it up as a trigger instead?

RE: temp disable auto message by CookieRevised on 11-17-2004 at 12:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1 mouse click 
2 mouse clicks :P
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
4 if you're in "hide window frame" mode :refuck:
blah... cheater :P .... 1
quote:

1 mouse click rules them all:

Point the mousecursor on the "Plus!"-menu in the chatwindow
While still holding down your mousebutton, go to "Disable Personalised Status"...
Release the mousebutton

=> 1 mouse click in total :refuck:

RE: temp disable auto message by Gergith on 11-17-2004 at 03:39 PM

yes, its well known that its in there, i just think its hidden too much, in a little too inconvienent way, thats all, i could do it in 0 mouse clicks! (7 key strokes :p)

anyways, like its just being regurgitated in this thread that yes the feature is there, but no one is really listening to my request, just questioning the need...

but let my ask you one thing, why can i type

/away blah blah 
in my window to go away? that too is in a similar menu, accessed a similar way... its just purely cause its faster and easier!

thats all im asking for this.. as it is now there is a nice work around, but its exactly that, a work around

i would much preffer a quick command then moving my mouse, if im in a rush,.. i use the auto messages when im going out, so usually when i need to disable them im in a rush, and its just annoying

RE: RE: temp disable auto message by CookieRevised on 11-17-2004 at 10:38 PM

quote:
yes, its well known that its in there, i just think its hidden too much, in a little too inconvienent way, thats all, i could do it in 0 mouse clicks! (7 key strokes :p)
2 key strokes: [ALT-P], [D]

quote:
anyways, like its just being regurgitated in this thread that yes the feature is there, but no one is really listening to my request, just questioning the need...
If everybody is questioning the need then they have listened but don't agree with it...

quote:
but let my ask you one thing, why can i type

/away blah blah 
in my window to go away? that too is in a similar menu, accessed a similar way... its just purely cause its faster and easier!
Then use it! Just like you can use: /away, /busy, /onphone, /lunch, /brb, /online, /appearoffline.
RE: temp disable auto message by Gergith on 11-23-2004 at 05:39 PM

whats so wrong with my request? :p like honestly i dont understand why everyones attacking the idea, i think i twould be super convenient
maybe not the /blah thing
but i do think that if there was a tigger that if you sent a message first it would be disabled till your clossed the window