Shoutbox

Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta (/showthread.php?tid=34488)

Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by mpmc on 11-16-2004 at 05:06 PM

Hi, I came a cross this werid bug! I loaded MSN Messenger 7.0.3.332 as usual Plus loaded with it, Yet two contact list windows appeared! one with plus, one without!

All Both in the Same Instance of MSN Messenger 7!

Whats going on! & no this isn't a fake! :@

MP told me it wasn't able to hook onto messenger & asked me if it wanted it repaired, I did that & it was fixed, but I don't understand when one window had plus but not the other!..

If you want to see the unmoddifed version (blured for security reasons) contact me!

[Image: hmm.jpg]

RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by toddy on 11-16-2004 at 05:11 PM

both messenger plus 3.40 and msn 7 are beta so u can not expect them to work perfectly.

this seems to be a bug with msn 7 as u shouldn't have two windows for the same email address

RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by mpmc on 11-16-2004 at 05:12 PM

I know that...

RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by Patchou on 11-16-2004 at 10:13 PM

Are you using any other patch or plugin for Messenger? this problem is definitively weird.

RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by RaceProUK on 11-17-2004 at 09:27 AM

And please reduce the size of the picture!
[img=640x480]<url>[/img] should work nicely.

RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by mpmc on 11-17-2004 at 12:02 PM

OMG, I just noticed! yesterday, (after applying a patch about a month ago) to hide the search bar/Actions pane (the add contact bar thing) the search bar appeared again & still is appearing (Overlay) on the contact list! The button has changed too, it looks like is diappeared!

but it doesn't appear on those :s in that screen shot, I think those patches are conflicting with Plus! :o:o:o:o

[Image: huh.jpg]

RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by Millenium_edition on 11-17-2004 at 12:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mpmc
OMG, I just noticed! yesterday, (after applying a patch about a month ago) to hide the search bar/Actions pane (the add contact bar thing) the search bar appeared again & still is appearing (Overlay) on the contact list! The button has changed too, it looks like is diappeared!

but it doesn't appear on those :s in that screen shot, I think those patches are conflicting with Plus! :o:o:o:o

[Image: huh.jpg]
prolly cause you used a patch for another version... and then it modifies the wrong bytes and could modify all those things.

btw, opening two msgr windows used to be  a bug when a plugin took time to load and then you doubleclick a tray icon. so a window opens, then another one does because the plugin finished to load.
RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by Jessica on 11-17-2004 at 02:06 PM

That happened to me, with the search bar and the bar at the bottom of im windows appearing and re-appearing even after I installed the patch but luckily I download the 7045 version and two different patches and never again will I see those bars :)

RE: Two MSN Contact list windows one with Plus one without (MSN7 Plus) Both Beta by mpmc on 11-17-2004 at 03:23 PM

Yeah, I just upgraded!