Shoutbox

Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees (/showthread.php?tid=34510)

Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees by JPNARF on 11-17-2004 at 02:02 PM

Hello,
I Choose the opcion of Custom Names, in the MSN Messenger Windows, The name view custom, but when i talk with anyone, the name appears by email adress. (Not in MSN Messenger Principal Windows, but yes in Window Conversation)

What happen ?
Before, this not happen.

MSN Messenger BETA 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus! 3.40.110 BETA
Windows XP

i dont speak english very well. Excuse me

RE: Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees by Plik on 11-17-2004 at 06:09 PM

Go to the plus menu >> preferences >> contact lisy >> custom names >> And check "Use names while chating"

RE: RE: Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees by JPNARF on 11-17-2004 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
Go to the plus menu >> preferences >> contact lisy >> custom names >> And check "Use names while chating"

I already did it, madman66 :(

But the Nick Name of the people follow show by email adress.

When  i desactivating, Custom Name... its works..
RE: Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees by Patchou on 11-18-2004 at 09:46 PM

I'm not havingthis problem.. can anyone confirm? JPNARF: could you post a screenshot of the chat window having the problem?

RE: Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees by matty on 11-18-2004 at 09:57 PM

You have to close the conversation windows before the custom names will actually be used.

RE: Window Conversation, Contact Name, Display by email adrees by L. Coyote on 11-23-2004 at 07:18 AM

Finally! Someone else has the same problem.

I confirm, Patchou! I have the same problem (that's why I don't use CN).

It does not show neither the original or the custom name while chatting, and unchecking/checking the "Show Custom Name while chatting" option does not change this (yes, I close the chat window).

About not showing the original nick, I guess it's because the option must be "show contacts by email" for the Custom Names.

I have:

MPlus!: 3.25.106
MSNM: 6.2.0137
WinXP HE Edit: SP1

Edit 2: Solution, at least for me, found here.

If you're using the timestamp feature in StuffPlug-NG, this is the cause.