Shoutbox

Formatting mayhem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Formatting mayhem (/showthread.php?tid=34576)

Formatting mayhem by KeyStorm on 11-18-2004 at 09:58 PM

Well, maybe not that criticall, but still:
Two bugs:
While having the latest released builds of Messenger and Plus! and the dev version of SPNG running I noticed the following weird error while chatting with lizard.boy (thanks for allowing the ss, btw :)).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=337458]

It's exactly the 9th character, and the bug persists on his window (on other's it doesn't even appear). Must add the underscore disappears when the text is sent, it only show up in the input frame.

Even deleting the characters before the underscore, it slides forward one position in order to stay beneath the ninth character. Weird, ain't it?

The other bug, more frequent and probably already reported (I haven't been around much lately :$) is that the formatted names usually appear unformatted on the conversation window showing up the code characters.

RE: Formatting mayhem by matty on 11-18-2004 at 11:50 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=337490]

Happened in a convo with Chromo but it only displayed once.
RE: Formatting mayhem by Maniac on 11-19-2004 at 12:21 AM

yeah happened to me too... but not on a regular basis and not the same place...

RE: Formatting mayhem by Patchou on 11-19-2004 at 01:30 AM

I had this problem too, however, I didn't find any correlation with Plus!... I'm still not sure if it's a bug caused by Plus! or by the beta of Messenger 7. If you have a way to reproduce this bug please email me at mplus@patchou.com with the steps :)

RE: Formatting mayhem by lizard.boy on 11-21-2004 at 05:35 AM

no idea how it happened but it happened to me in a conversation with lopardo. if you want i can post the screenshot.

RE: Formatting mayhem by Underlord on 11-21-2004 at 06:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I had this problem too, however, I didn't find any correlation with Plus!... I'm still not sure if it's a bug caused by Plus! or by the beta of Messenger 7. If you have a way to reproduce this bug please email me at mplus@patchou.com with the steps :)
I think it is the Messenger 7 Beta because it was doing it on a regular basis with a previous version of Messenger 7, before Plus! was compatible :).
RE: RE: Formatting mayhem by Hank on 11-21-2004 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I think it is the Messenger 7 Beta because it was doing it on a regular basis with a previous version of Messenger 7, before Plus! was compatible :).

did it to me also once in Build 0322