Shoutbox

*TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock (/showthread.php?tid=34595)

*TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Shlap on 11-19-2004 at 11:57 AM

Hi,
I am having some problems with using boss pretection and messenger lock. When I use the shortcut for boss it just minimises everything with messenger but not acctually hiding them in the icon. So i tried changing the shortcut, didn't work. Tried re-installing messenger and plus, didn't do anything, but when i tried the boss the window came up "you must verify" u know the one, so I clicked verify but it didn't minimise to the icon! I even tried to click plus! --> lock messenger but it said i had to "sign in and if you are signed it restart messenger and sign in again" Tried that and it STILL didn't work:'( HELP ME PLZ

MSN Messenger - 6.2.0137
Msgplus - 3.25.106
Windows 98

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Underlord on 11-19-2004 at 12:05 PM

Try reinstalling MSN Messenger :).

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Shlap on 11-19-2004 at 12:17 PM

I have! ... several times 8o|

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Underlord on 11-19-2004 at 12:22 PM

Then just wait for Patchou to answer the bug report :p.

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Tochjo on 11-19-2004 at 12:27 PM

Do you use additional add-ons like Spleak?

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Shlap on 11-19-2004 at 01:31 PM

yeah. I will uninstall spleak and see if that changes anything.

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Underlord on 11-19-2004 at 01:36 PM

How does Spleak interrupt boss protection?

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Tochjo on 11-19-2004 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
How does Spleak interrupt boss protection?
Exactly how I do not know, however, problems are known. For example, take a look at Help, boss protection mode (and Fraisie's reply) :)
RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Shlap on 11-19-2004 at 02:07 PM

ummm... How do I uninstall spleak...?

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Tochjo on 11-19-2004 at 02:46 PM

Removal is only possible since version 0.80 beta and later, so if you installed the very first beta of Spleak, install a later version before proceeding.

1. Go to Start > Control Panel
  2. Go to Add/Remove programs
  3. Look for IMT Labs Plugin and uninstall it.[/list]

Source: Mess.be MSN Messenger FAQ

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Patchou on 11-19-2004 at 04:53 PM

Spleak does cause problems to the boss protect and lock station features. If you uninstall it, you'll get those features back. The problem will be fixed inthe nextversion of Spleak :).

RE: *TO PATCHOU* bug in Boss Pretection & Lock by Shlap on 11-20-2004 at 04:21 AM

Thank God! I got it finally fixed!! In the program uninstaller window I was looking all over for "Spleak" instead of "IMT Labs Plugin" :P Thanx Tochjo & Pachou for your help ;)