Shoutbox

Autosound talker plugin idea! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Autosound talker plugin idea! (/showthread.php?tid=34623)

Autosound talker plugin idea! by Jatt on 11-20-2004 at 08:09 AM

hey I wanted to know if someone could make a plugin for sound text. Like I found out that when you type '/sevil message' the empiral march plays with the text you typed in. I wonder if someone could make a plguin so that you can enable /sevil everytime you type a msg. so it play sthe empiral march. Like a plugin wher eu don't have to type out /sevil it doesn't it for u when it's enabled.

/sevil hey what's up (plays sound)

into just

hey what's up (plays sound)

THX

RE: Autosound talker plugin idea! by Underlord on 11-20-2004 at 08:15 AM

Wouldn't that just be very annoying? :p

RE: Autosound talker plugin idea! by Eljay on 11-20-2004 at 08:20 AM

its possible with a talker for SP-NG i suppose...
i wouldnt know how to do it tho so ull have to wait for somebody who can (and who is willing to do so)

RE: Autosound talker plugin idea! by Martijn. on 11-20-2004 at 10:14 AM

First, make sure you have StuffPlug-NG installed, then read on...

This is one of the most simple things to do with a talker. Make a new, empty text file in the "Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\StuffPlug-NG"-folder, and rename it to talker.sevil.vbs (you can change the red part to whatever you want it to be called), then, copy/paste the following in it with notepad:

code:
Function talker(input)
   talker = "J" + input
End Function

You can change the "/sevil " part to match any command you like, but make sure to keep the space!

Then, in a conversation, type the following:

/xautotalker sevil

Finally, the simple reason that I didn't post it as an attachment is that I don't want everyone to just use that thing to annoy their contacts, this way you'll have to do some trouble for it, so it's a bit less attractive;). Besides, you'll learn a little bit about how VBScript works:happy:.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not responsible for all the contacts that are going to block you for this:dodgy:.

EDIT: Just tested it for myself, StuffPlug-NG seems to change the text after plus scans for commands, so I changed the above code to a version that contains the special character used to send the sound...