Shoutbox

Hotmail Wave 10 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Hotmail Wave 10 (/showthread.php?tid=34629)

Hotmail Wave 10 by webi on 11-20-2004 at 11:46 AM

hi guys, i've seen in mess.be that hotmail have ungraded their inbox account to 250 Mo. Is it only for big country like germany or france or it's for all hotmail account all over the world ? Because i've don't seen anything about the upgrade in the hotmail belgian web site.

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Tochjo on 11-20-2004 at 11:51 AM

Gradually, all free Hotmail accounts will be upgraded to 250MB. However, this doesn't happen for all accounts at the same time. Some have already had their upgrade, others haven't yet :)

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by user13774 on 11-20-2004 at 12:12 PM

I still have 2 Mb here in Holland :dodgy:

Do you already have ur 250 Mb Tochjo? (cuz you're from Holland too..)

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Tochjo on 11-20-2004 at 12:16 PM

My account still has a 2 MB limit as well.

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Pyroteq on 11-20-2004 at 12:41 PM

ive had 250mb for around 2 months now (australia)

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Underlord on 11-20-2004 at 01:15 PM

I have two accounts and one has had 250mb for about a month and i got 250mb on the other one about a week ago.

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by FrozernFire on 11-20-2004 at 02:42 PM

it seems to go randomly(or maybe not). now that new accounts get 25mb before going 250mb after a month, hotmail must make the rest of the accounts 250mb to keep us happy. seems that none of my contacts haf gotten 250mb yet :dodgy:. i live in singapore

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Cromp on 11-20-2004 at 03:20 PM

my old hotmail accout is upgraded, but my newish one (well not really newish, but the one i use now, had it for a couple of years) hasnt :(

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by thc2010 on 11-20-2004 at 04:14 PM

lol hotmail is trying to overcome Gmail? not going to happen. Gmails spam filter is more superoir to HOtmail. not only that, gmail has 1 GB, GmailDrive, Auto FOrwarder. and a Pop3 now. More could come since gmail is in its beta phase.

Howerve, gmails interface does suck, and some people dont like it when gmail scans your email so they can spew you with Adds, I like that, I need to know what tools to use on my compoputer sumtimes. and Adds is gmails way of serving you 1gb of space.

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by EvilSeph on 11-20-2004 at 07:34 PM

oh please, this topic is about hotmail, not gmail. Please don't start a troll revolution like they have at other communities. I'm sick of it. Sure you are entitled to your opinion, but you become a troll when you go around shoving it in everyones faces. People choose to use hotmail because it's more convenient. It's what they started with. If they cared about gmail, they'd have started a topic related to it. Not only are you trolling, you are also offtopic.

hmm, maybe I lack tact, but I'm sick of trolls.

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by user13774 on 11-21-2004 at 10:45 AM

Argh... dodgy hotmail... I do have the new integrated MSN status thingy (whatever it's called... see attachment). BUT.. as you can see.. i still have 2 mb (N) :blah:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=338268]

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by slimanus on 11-21-2004 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
lol hotmail is trying to overcome Gmail? not going to happen. Gmails spam filter is more superoir to HOtmail. not only that, gmail has 1 GB, GmailDrive, Auto FOrwarder. and a Pop3 now. More could come since gmail is in its beta phase.

btw...i think gmaildrive is illegal and if caught ur gmail might b gone

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by lopardo on 11-21-2004 at 09:41 PM

A few days ago I received an e-mail from the Hotmail Staff that says we will have 250 MB. in December!! :banana:

At least for Latin America :)

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by _Humphreys on 11-21-2004 at 10:49 PM

quote:
A few days ago I received an e-mail from the Hotmail Staff that says we will have 250 MB. in December!!

Gald to hear your getting it so soon.:) A christmas present from Microsoft lol. I haven't even got an email off them yet. I will probably finally get 250 MB at the end of next year.:(
RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by b_birak on 11-21-2004 at 11:30 PM

hotmail send these email to every1 regardless of haveing 150mb or not. they r upgrading them slowly. very slow. i got 250mb months ago, however ive been a with them since 1998 aswell as yahoo since then. just be patient. otherwise yahoo offer 100mb and if ur lucky, gmail give u 1000mb. i have all 3 anyway.

PS. whats this about gmail being illegal. sounds like bull shit to me.

RE: RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Leif on 11-22-2004 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by b_birak
PS. whats this about gmail being illegal. sounds like bull shit to me.

I don't think anybody claimed that Gmail was illegal. But perhaps that Gmaildrive might be...
RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Brk on 11-24-2004 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Posted by Markus - 11-21-2004 at 05:45 AM
Argh... dodgy hotmail... I do have the new integrated MSN status thingy (whatever it's called... see attachment)

:P
I have exactly the same problem does anyone know how to get rid of it????? because my explorer crashes for 30 seconds every time I want to read or write mails.
(It opens and closes Messenger, just like if it was windows messenger)
:D
Thanks
RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by FrozernFire on 11-24-2004 at 02:18 PM

use firefox, it only works if you are using ie if im correct. oh well i live in such a small country, it's going to take a long time for my turn to be upgraded

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by The_Thief on 11-25-2004 at 01:42 AM

I got 250mb then again i deleted my hotmail account.

RE: RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by thc2010 on 11-25-2004 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slimanus
quote:

btw...i think gmaildrive is illegal and if caught ur gmail might b gone

LMFAO who started that stupid rumor... Its common sence!!!
All gmaildrive does is Emails the File to your gamail automaticly without you having to phisicly email a file your self. IT ISNT ELEGAL cuz if it is, then Sending FILES TO YOUR SELF WOULD BE ELEGAL since gmail drive WROKS EXACTLY like that.

This rummor was probly started by a Person who doesnt even have gmail.

RE: Hotmail Wave 10 by Concord Dawn on 11-25-2004 at 02:29 AM

quote:
LMFAO who started that stupid rumor... Its common sence!!!
All gmaildrive does is Emails the File to your gamail automaticly without you having to phisicly email a file your self. IT ISNT ELEGAL cuz if it is, then Sending FILES TO YOUR SELF WOULD BE ELEGAL since gmail drive WROKS EXACTLY like that.

This rummor was probly started by a Person who doesnt even have gmail.

Please learn how to spell. It's "illegal" not "elegal". Anyways, my hotmail account hasn't been upgraded, but my mom's has, so :dodgy: Microsoft must be doing them really slowly.