Shoutbox

My country today was whipped by an earthquake - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: My country today was whipped by an earthquake (/showthread.php?tid=34649)

My country today was whipped by an earthquake by Kafman on 11-20-2004 at 07:56 PM

It was 2:07am (hour in Costa Rica) when an earthquake of 6.2 grades wake up all Costa Rica, panic...

Things falling, people screaming, and a pile of destroyed houses, and 4 people dead (3 by respiratory unemployments, and 1 by a motorcycle accident)

Me an my family are good, but, it seems that in any moment its gonna happen another similar earthquake in the next days...

Another thing is that here was happen an International metting of president, including the Spain King, who joke about the event :P

Well, hopefully in the next days we are going to be prepared for a similar earthquake (if happens :P)

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by Sunshine on 11-20-2004 at 08:04 PM

Sorry to hear that, it must have been very scary..
Anyways good luck and stay safe!

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by _Humphreys on 11-20-2004 at 08:45 PM

Glad to here you are alright as well as your familly. That must of been scary hope I am never caught in a earthquake!

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by Mike on 11-20-2004 at 09:03 PM

Glad to here that you and your family is safe :)
By the way here's a website with the most recent earthquakes, so you can check if there was a small earthquake in your country...

http://www.emsc-csem.org/cgi-bin/QDM_all.sh

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by Maniac on 11-20-2004 at 09:26 PM

One advice: for the next few days, stay away from tall, old, dodgy buildings!

Hope everything is fine,

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by k776 on 11-20-2004 at 09:46 PM

and secure everything to the wall with hooks or glue, take valuebale/breakable things and wrap them in newspaper and put them in a draw

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by Choli on 11-20-2004 at 10:17 PM

I saw the news on TV. Glad to hear you all are fine.

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by Pr0xY on 11-20-2004 at 11:28 PM

Saw this on CNN, that must have been kind of scary.  Its wierd to know what someone I talk to on a forum lives there, maybe its just me though. 

Glad to hear your Okay....:)

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by _Humphreys on 11-20-2004 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Saw this on CNN, that must have been kind of scary.  Its wierd to know what someone I talk to on a forum lives there, maybe its just me though.

I found it weird too. Makes you think there is more too the world then what you have just seen.
RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by Kafman on 11-21-2004 at 01:18 AM

Thanks all of you for your suggestions and preocupations about me :'(

It's glad to see people who worry about you ;)

RE: My country today was whipped by an earthquake by azn angel on 11-21-2004 at 04:27 AM

try and think of the fun side like tape down a glass, fill it with milk and fruit or wahtever, put a lid on it and wait for the earthquake. hey presto! a milkshake to you clam you down:P
nah stay safe:)