Shoutbox

.ple ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: .ple ? (/showthread.php?tid=34654)

.ple ? by menecez on 11-20-2004 at 09:07 PM

hi .. mm .. i been activate the option of Encrypt all my logs ... so everythings was ok .. so .. i take some vakations .. i been away from my computer ..  and i forgot my passowrs .. so .. how can i recover my old logs .. with out lose it or somethiing like that ..

bueno como yo no hablo ni escribo muy bien el ingles aqui va en espaŅol por si alguien le entiende i me puede ayudar ... la situacion es esta yo active la opcion de encriptar mis logs porke iba a tomar vacaciones i alquien mas iba a usar mi Pc pero el probleme es que ahora que regrese no recuerdo el password .. al menos el que yo staba seguro que era no es .. necesito que alguien me ayude por favor. gracias

RE: .ple ? by ayjay on 11-20-2004 at 09:15 PM

If you have lost your password, there is no way you can get them back.

RE: .ple ? by Sunshine on 11-20-2004 at 09:22 PM

I'm sorry, but if you forgot your password there's no way you can unencrypt em.

Suggestion for next time: write down the password somewhere where nobody can see/recognize it as a password..f.e. as a phonenumber in your agenda ;)

RE: .ple ? by menecez on 11-20-2004 at 09:28 PM

mm .. damn it .. but .. i still thinking .. i don't know how .. but .. maybe can posible .. i mean .. if the file was encrypted .. this was made with some method or something like that ... so .. maybe can be de-encrypted .. something like the same method but in inverse mode .. lol .. mm .. i thing am hallucinating .. hahaa .. but .. anyway .. i accept any suggestion. c ya folks .. (sorry if my grammar is bat .. or anything .. i don't speak english very well)

RE: .ple ? by ayjay on 11-20-2004 at 09:31 PM

you can try, as it has been many times before, but I you won't be able to.

RE: .ple ? by saralk on 11-20-2004 at 09:44 PM

there is no way of decrypting it without the password. As the password is part of the way it is encrypted

on a very, very, very basic level.

say that:
a = 1
b = 2
c = 3
d = 4

say what you want to encrypt is "abc"
that would make the code 1,2,3
if the password was "d"
then the code for the password would be 4

now there would be a sum that is done to encrypt and decrypt.

so if the sum was pwrd x code, then the encrypted message would be:

to decrypt it it'd be code/pwrd
which is

the actual sum is a lot more complex, so without knowing the password, it cant be decrypted.

RE: .ple ? by menecez on 11-20-2004 at 09:53 PM

ok .. myabe the password can not be decrypted .. but what about the file .. i guess ... cause .. if change the .ple extension to .txt .. i can open the file .. this seems like many ascii characters .. and .. i mean .. if ... when i open a .ple file .. the windows try to open with some extension of the m.plus! so .. the m. plus requires the password .. and then it open the file ... i guess this some extension of the m.plus can skip this step .. i think so .. but i don't know how .. i still accepting  suggestions .. c ya

RE: .ple ? by WDZ on 11-21-2004 at 05:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by menecez
ok .. myabe the password can not be decrypted .. but what about the file
I don't think you understand. The password is not what is encrypted. The password is what you need in order to decrypt the file. MsgPlus uses the password in the encryption process, so it also needs to use that password for decryption.

quote:
if change the .ple extension to .txt .. i can open the file .. this seems like many ascii characters
Those characters represent the encrypted data, but it is impossible to convert them to readable logs without the password.

quote:
the m. plus requires the password .. and then it open the file ... i guess this some extension of the m.plus can skip this step
If you skip the step where you enter the password, MsgPlus will not be able to decrypt the logs. :-/
RE: .ple ? by menecez on 11-21-2004 at 07:18 PM

mm .. i understand .. i never mentions that the password has been encrypted .. ok ..well i still thinking .. when the m.plus ask me 4 tha password .. and i put some incorrect password .. it says that is incorrect .. so it compares that with my real password  .. that means that my password has been saved .. so where has been stored ??

*-):(

RE: .ple ? by Plik on 11-21-2004 at 07:33 PM

If it trys to de-cypt it with the wrong password it will wither get an error from the decypt function, or it will return complete giberish
Either way plus will be able to tell the it wasnt decypted proberly

RE: .ple ? by menecez on 11-21-2004 at 07:55 PM

damn it .. so my logs r completely lost

RE: .ple ? by ayjay on 11-21-2004 at 07:59 PM

As was explained seven posts ago, yes.

RE: .ple ? by menecez on 11-21-2004 at 08:19 PM

:(:'( i refuse to think taht .. !!  .. lol ..

RE: .ple ? by lopardo on 11-21-2004 at 08:43 PM

What would be the point of encrypting logs if you could easily decrypt them (I mean, without the password :))?