Shoutbox

Messenger Tool to steal name? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Tool to steal name? (/showthread.php?tid=34683)

Messenger Tool to steal name? by lostbinary on 11-21-2004 at 04:08 PM

When I talked with someone on MSN Messenger... he used a tool or something so he sent a messeage to me that looked like I wrote it... you know, with my nick and my font color... it looked like I said it, but it was he who said it. He didn't change nick (I checked)....

Is there a tool that can do this?

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by Sunshine on 11-21-2004 at 04:12 PM

With stuffplug NG you can use a ChatOnlyName (name will only show in convowindows not in contactslist) to copy/imitate your contacts name ;)

http://www.stuffplug.com

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by Abz2k4 on 11-21-2004 at 04:34 PM

I believe Messenger Discovery also has a feature which would enable you to do this

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by lostbinary on 11-21-2004 at 06:06 PM

Thanks alot... it did the trick :)

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by _Humphreys on 11-21-2004 at 06:16 PM

quote:
With stuffplug NG you can use a ChatOnlyName (name will only show in convowindows not in contactslist) to copy/imitate your contacts name

I didn't know this feature did this. Thanks for telling me sunshine when will you stop helping me out! I've already gave you a + rep lol.;)
RE: RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by Sunshine on 11-21-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
quote:
With stuffplug NG you can use a ChatOnlyName (name will only show in convowindows not in contactslist) to copy/imitate your contacts name

I didn't know this feature did this. Thanks for telling me sunshine when will you stop helping me out! I've already gave you a + rep lol.;)

I never stop helping out (aslong as my comp lets me, etc. etc.) :D

Basicly what you do is you set your ChatOnlyName to your contacts name and guess wich font he/she uses (shouldn't be to hard because it shows what the font will look like when you set it) :P

Edit: thanks for the positive rating, i appreciate it very much :D

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by Apatik on 11-22-2004 at 01:37 AM

hmm, someone showed me the same trick tonight but he wouldn't tell me what he used :-/

i don't think it's the chatonlyname function from stuffplug, the guessing of the police would be too slow and not accurate enough. but i've never heard of anything similar so..

any ideas? ^^

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by lizard.boy on 11-22-2004 at 02:18 AM

its messenger discovery.
the function is !imitate <- i doubt that is spellet correctly
:)

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by FrozernFire on 11-22-2004 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
!imitate

correct. though it's not perfect. i have this contact who tried to do that on me but it didn't work, so it ended up like "Contact says: i love ----------" rather than my name. but still, it works most of the time

RE: Messenger Tool to steal name? by uberdosis on 11-23-2004 at 07:04 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34732