Shoutbox

can somebody recreat this picture... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: can somebody recreat this picture... (/showthread.php?tid=34717)

can somebody recreat this picture... by irish_king on 11-22-2004 at 04:50 PM

can somebody recreate this picture in whatever photo program
and not include the red ribbon on the top. and save the pic as a jpg.
thanks you so much

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Eljay on 11-22-2004 at 04:57 PM

done

[Image: attachment.php?pid=338731]

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by irish_king on 11-22-2004 at 05:00 PM

thanks you so freaking much man, i asked for it to be recrreated because i'm gonna get the tattooed on my arm

how can i make it in black and white? in adobe photoshop?

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by .Roy on 11-22-2004 at 05:03 PM

hmm ill make it for you again and itll be black and white :-)

Edit here it is.. Black and white looks crappy but...

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by ayjay on 11-22-2004 at 05:05 PM

Here you go. Good luck with your tattoo :)

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by irish_king on 11-22-2004 at 05:10 PM

if somebody is very good in photoshop, would they be able to creat a tat for me?
to have the cross and some sort of a shamrock.

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by .Roy on 11-22-2004 at 05:10 PM

sigh dude thats not black and white thats gray scale...

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by ayjay on 11-22-2004 at 05:29 PM

Fine, if we're being picky... :D

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by .Roy on 11-22-2004 at 05:57 PM

heh thats better :-) how did u do it with out all those dots like in mine.. i chose black and white and this is what turned out

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Sunshine on 11-22-2004 at 07:28 PM

For a tattoo shouldn't the outlines of the cross be black, and no background? Or the inner black and a diff colour for the outlines, or vice versa?

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by ddunk on 11-22-2004 at 07:33 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=338827]

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Sunshine on 11-22-2004 at 07:39 PM

Cool, now to complete his tat...finall suggestion: place a shamrock behind it and experiment a lil with wich parts to colour an wich not (don't use more than two colours or the tat will become pretty expensive) leave white what should be skincoloured ;)

Sidenote: lines of same colour too close together will not be possible to get tatooed..compare it too drawing with ink on vilt. If you want lines that close together use a diff colour. I have designed my own tat...primitive way and it got altered (slightly) cuz of that tiny mistake (before you ask..i'm not that good with graphics or i'd have a go at it myself).

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by ayjay on 11-22-2004 at 08:04 PM

Here is an unbelievablely rubbish quick attempt, I only had 2 minutes. :)

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by CookieRevised on 11-22-2004 at 08:06 PM

Why JPG? JPG will give you unwanted artifacts, JPG filesize is bigger then the others, only 2 colors are needed, etc...

Also, if you want a proper image of that cross, you could try to search for it in special tattoo catalogs. The cross is proberly a common symbol and has been done before. You can start by looking up the name of the pendant and then looking for that name in tattoo catalogs.

Anyways... here is another edit of that image...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=338844]

Also, what do you want to be symbolised? What style do you want (eg celtic?) Or is it that you just liked the cross?

However, be very carefull with the latter as some symbols means something entirely else (by the general public) then you think they mean.

Eg: the depicted cross, and especially the edited 2-color image for the tattoo is very close related to the German nazi iron cross, the only difference is the slightly longer lower part of the cross.
[Image: cros-iron.gif]
Cross Pattee, Iron Cross or Eisenas Kreuz: Also called Mantuan or Maltese Cross. First linked to an ancient goddess temple on Malta, it was adopted as the Iron Cross in Prussia. During the First World War, it appeared on German fighter planes and tanks. Later, it became a fascist symbol in France, Portugal and other nations.

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Sunshine on 11-22-2004 at 08:51 PM

I assume celtic, as that one is a celtic cross..(Ireland = celtic country).

To explain the shamrock: it's an irish symbol.

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Omar on 11-23-2004 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I have designed my own tat...
:o  errrr.....pic please?
RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by .Roy on 11-23-2004 at 03:40 PM

How can you design a tatto? Do you like give it to the guy and then he draws it on you? Or do you burn it on your skin or something! Please tell me.

Patchou Prolly Has a Msg plus tattoo that says "ITS OPTIONAL" :dodgy:

RE: RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Sunshine on 11-23-2004 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
How can you design a tatto? Do you like give it to the guy and then he draws it on you? Or do you burn it on your skin or something! Please tell me.

Patchou Prolly Has a Msg plus tattoo that says "ITS OPTIONAL" :dodgy:

You draw it on a piece of paper and the tatoo-artist transfers it onto special paper that will leave a mark on your skin so he knows where to draw (also allows you to see wether he has placed it where you want it before actually tatooing it).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=339176]

This is mine, it got altered slightly (the eye)..it's on my right shoulder close to my spine :D

I created it from two diff tats..i edited one slightly (the outerpart..some parts needed to be erased), then printed it out and drew the eye in it and added the red details (by hand).
RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by .Roy on 11-23-2004 at 04:10 PM

lol. nice tatto, does it hurt when you get a tatto??

RE: RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Sunshine on 11-23-2004 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
lol. nice tatto, does it hurt when you get a tatto??

Thank you :D

Pain? Nah, not really. The first two strokes will feel like they cut you with a rasorblade, but after that you just adjust to the "pain".

The itchyness when its healing is worse, you have to put ointment on it for like two weeks approx...and you're not allowed to scratch because it'll damage your tattoo..also no direct sunlight or swimming for the first 3 months (most of the time the tat needs to be touched up wich they will do after 6 weeks - when outside and inside of skin is fully healed -  for free..and so the whole cycle starts again).
RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by .Roy on 11-23-2004 at 04:27 PM

wow.. Im listining to my parents when they say "As long as you live under my roof you are not going to get any tatoos, piercings, etc.

RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by FrozernFire on 11-23-2004 at 04:28 PM

i rather not have them. like that cross, it may offend some people

RE: RE: can somebody recreat this picture... by Sunshine on 11-23-2004 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
i rather not have them. like that cross, it may offend some people

Thats exactly why you need to think seriously about what, where and if you want one...remember it'll stay on forever (will you still like it when you're older). Do you want it shown all the time (arms) or not etc. etc...also take into consideration not all jobs are open for ppl who have visible tatoo's (or piercings for that matter).