Shoutbox

fake ppl- do you agree?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: fake ppl- do you agree?? (/showthread.php?tid=34775)

fake ppl- do you agree?? by _mwah_ on 11-23-2004 at 07:11 PM

hiya ppl. i have been gettin really annoyed recentli with people close to meacting like things they arent around different people. i was just wonderin if there was anyone else out there feeling the same sort of thing at the moment. i especially hate it when people pretend they smoke. that happens so much at my school- no mentioning any names but it really annoys me! can people talk back at me and tell me how they cope wif it! it seems as tho people get more popular when they act fake but it thought you wer mena b urself in this world right?[/font]

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Caboose on 11-23-2004 at 07:17 PM

I hate people who try to be something they're not. Most of them are insecure and they just want to be accepted, so they create a fake image so people will like them. While being a bit insecure myself, I will NEVER do something that low. I will never give up myself or who I am.

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Pr0xY on 11-23-2004 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by _mwah_
it seems as tho people get more popular when they act fake
Welcome to society as we know it. 

The main reason people act fake is because its how they saw their peers(mainly the older people they looked up to) do it.  And even if they dont actually agree or like what they are doing, they will pretend that they do it, so they fit in. 

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Sunshine on 11-23-2004 at 07:44 PM

Sadly enough there's plenty of ppl pretending to be something/somebody they are not...just to impress or belong.

To be honest doing such a thing is the worst you can do because in the end the truth will come out..and who is gonna trust someone who has lied all along? Pretending to be something/somebody you're not is lying to yourself and it does more harm than it does good.

If ppl don't accept you as you are they are not worthy being your friend...stay true..esp. towards yourself ;)

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Stigmata on 11-23-2004 at 07:49 PM

i totally agree :)

nearly every single girl in my year at school are like that....
say they talk to you when your on your own, but ignore you with friends etc..

and with the smoking thing. i am kinda lucky, nearly all my mates detest smoking in a fluent way, as well as myself. but there is that luke boy.. ¬_¬

i guess what everyone is going to say is oh be your self etc...
but i guess they will all be proberly hipocrits.. :s sorry if untrue..

it is best to stay true to yourself, and u should feel free to be slightly fake, just make sure you know the limit. if someone offers you a fag or something, make something up :S i duno, ive always said i wouldnt smoke because of my football, and if you went to my school, you would know how passionate i am about it. I have even finished with girlfriends because of smoking, the taste left in your mouth if your a non-smoking kissing a smoker is vile. 

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by IcyAngel on 11-23-2004 at 07:53 PM

I agree...why can't people just act normal? It's really annoying when they pretend to be something or somebody they aren't...just like Sunshine said!

Everyone's different, no one's perfect. Just gotta live with it and deal with your bad points.

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Jhrono on 11-23-2004 at 07:58 PM

quote:
it seems as tho people get more popular when they act fake but it thought you wer mena b urself in this world right

right man...in were i live...kinda we have the industrial school(that's the name) and the Liceu Sá da bandeira(Liceu means highschool[here 7th 8th and 9th grade are in high school to)...i'm in Liceu...well the industrial school is full of guys who smoke grass and that sort of things...i have friends there...about 10 guys...but in my school that is seen as a crime or smthng 'cause...here in this one to be part of the elite group(the one i am in but i don't agree) you have to have fashion clothes...like ripcurl sweatshirts, skating 150 € shoes,and also timberland or gant shirts, and classic trousers...you also have to have parents with a good profession(some guys are really assholes...[sorry]which job is better than another??any..it depends on the quality you put in it...)...like doctors, farmers(here a person that as a big farm, some money and a big full of money family is the greatest in the school ghettos)...i hate some of the guys on my group...i talk to everybody...they're like this with 13 14 15 16 17 18 19...is this the future of the world?...if you are reading this and you are like that...forget it...your clothing or family doesn't matter...it matters what you have in your B-R-A-I-N!

This text is for all the ones who think they are my friends...but in my thoughts
i'd prefer be comunist to be like them...
RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by dotNorma on 11-23-2004 at 08:28 PM

This is a topic that pretty much applies to anybody/any where.

We have been experiencing alot of this lately. I have a friend who tries to be someone she is not and she isn't liked much because of it. She acts bad and such but everyone knows she is just faking. People started disliking her because she is so fake and she ended up calling us at a party threatning suicide.

The topic of drugs erm... Most of my friends are smart enough to not smoke so that isn't a big worry. But then again some people brought drugs to our last party (We made them leave). At any shcool people could tell you who does drugs (Its pretty obvious) and they talk behind your back about you if you do. It ruins your body and your reputation.

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by user27089 on 11-23-2004 at 08:39 PM

It really annoys me me when people try to be something that they aren't, they just have this fake person, and then they have their usual selves, I like it when people are down to earth and are the same around everyone, not constantly changing their attitudes etc.

I agree with Stigmata, a lot of the girls in our school are like that, nice alone, but with others ok, unless of course all of their mates like you. They're all rude-girls pretty much, but they're alright.

I admit that I have smoked certain things before, but thats not for here to be honest, but that was a while back when me and my mate fell out over something and I was stressing out, so I went out with some of my other mates.. But NOT again, I don't like smoking at all, I just did it to settle myself down.

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by _mwah_ on 11-23-2004 at 10:09 PM

im glad that theres other people that feel the same way. it would make things so much easier if people acted like who they were. theres always a ring leader of a group of friends though who evryone else follows as well isnt there! thats the problem! theres a popualr group of girls at school but on their own they're great but as a group they aint and theyre duin the whole "init boi" thing! which is fine if your like that but theres no need 2 say it to get m8s! and the whole fag thing comes in as wel! people will say can ya get me sum fags? when they dont even smoke! my close friends totally change when they are around different people. and it annoys me!:@ neways! what dya fink?

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Jhrono on 11-23-2004 at 10:12 PM

quote:
duin the whole "init boi" thing
wtf is that?
RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by marissa on 11-23-2004 at 10:41 PM

quote:
my close friends totally change when they are around different people.

Did you just get into highschool? thats what just happened to me. I lost all of my friends to that. they all pretend they smoke and shit. and they go "marissa, why'd you change so much?" (on msn of course, they wouldnt be caught dead talking to me infront of their new friends!) Of course i have my best friend still, she was fake for awhile. Smoking weed and such, but i slapped her into shape. Now she doesnt even go near that stuff :grin:

edit since theres no use for a new post: Attitude Extreme, ive done it aswell. its SOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!11. </sarcasim>
RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by _Humphreys on 11-23-2004 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by : marissa

Did you just get into highschool? thats what just happened to me. I lost all of my friends to that. they all pretend they smoke and shit. and they go "marissa, why'd you change so much?" (on msn of course, they wouldnt be caught dead talking to me infront of their new friends!) Of course i have my best friend still, she was fake for awhile. Smoking weed and such, but i slapped her into shape. Now she doesnt even go near that stuff

I smoked weed once to see what was all the fuss about!:^)

Don't touch the stuff thats my advice it's gives you a little high sure but it also can make you depressed as well. Also smoking weed is bad for you I suggest not to smoke at all.:)
RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Vantage on 11-23-2004 at 10:56 PM

[Vantage] says:
Why dont you stop worrying about what other people do with their lives and think about yours and stop complaining
Cope with it? dude theres no coping JUST FORGET IT, maybe thats the way they want ot be :S? ever think of that and so what if they want to pretend stop bitching and live with it, if you can't do that then you got some serious work to do man

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by TylerG on 11-23-2004 at 11:16 PM

Yes, I so know what you mean.  There is this girl who pretends to be bad when she really is a goody goody.  Yep i just thought you wanted to know

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by gnownoskcid on 11-24-2004 at 12:52 AM

quote:
hiya ppl. i have been gettin really annoyed recentli with people close to meacting like things they arent around different people. i was just wonderin if there was anyone else out there feeling the same sort of thing at the moment. i especially hate it when people pretend they smoke. that happens so much at my school- no mentioning any names but it really annoys me! can people talk back at me and tell me how they cope wif it! it seems as tho people get more popular when they act fake but it thought you wer mena b urself in this world right?[/font]
I thought the world has always been like that! Maybe you've just woken up from the Matrix! Welcome to the real world!
RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by FrozernFire on 11-24-2004 at 05:41 AM

reports have shown that guys might be weaker than girls emotionally. at a young age, guys are very open and live their own world but as they get older, they will change their behaviour in tune to what the society expects of them. a guy who is bigger size might look tough, but as you get to know him, he might be wanting to share his troubles

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by user27089 on 11-24-2004 at 08:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:
duin the whole "init boi" thing
wtf is that?

That is like a gangster attitude towards life, like a 'rude-boy' or a 'chav'.. It really annoys me, they purposely make their voices higher to sound 'cool' enit lol. 
RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Twan on 11-24-2004 at 11:04 AM

the worst thing happended to me was like 5 years ago when a good friend made fun of me toward other persons.. that was so discusting

I'm now old enough to know who are my real friend and to be honest: there not much...

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by 3van on 11-24-2004 at 12:11 PM

Yea isnt it stupid when people around you act different and try to be someone they idolize.... in some ways that could be ok but it really sux when people try to say..smoke or drink to be like someone else i mean... why would a person smoke just to seem cool??? its also dumb when people act different when they r surrounded by other people... like... when theres nobody around someone will be nice to you but when there are people around they are absolute losers... :@ oh well.. the world isnt perfect :(

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by Pr0xY on 11-28-2004 at 04:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by IcyAngel
why can't people just act normal?
fuck that... normal SUCKS... people shouldn't try to be normal, they should just be themselfs... 

what is normal... normal is nothing more then a personality "uniform" that society has set on the street.  Now its your choise if your going to pick up that uniform and wear it. 

Too many people in this world are trying to "fit in", "stand out", "be different", and "be cool".  Christ...  it just pisses me off...
RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by JDawg_0789 on 12-02-2004 at 02:51 AM

Good God, I HATE it when people aren't themselves, cuz they hurt everyone around them with their lies, but they hurt themselves the most...God made us to be unique...what makes us think that we have to be "just like everyone else."  We're all sitting here griping about how we don't like it...why can't any of us be strong enough to stand up and lead the world away from this point of view?  That's what we need...more leaders...less followers!

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by kangie on 12-04-2004 at 02:39 AM

tbh, i acted how i wanted to, and was 100% me at school, and as a result, i only had about 6 friends for the whole 7 years of secondary school, but they were good friends, who didnt want me to change, and who didnt pretend to be anything but what they were :) i respect them (and me ;p) for acting like they wanna, regardless of who will moan n disagree :D i dress how i want, and i HATE the term "greebo" if i wanna wear a black hoodie n black jeans n black makeup, and spikey bracelets,  id like to do it in peace w/o being insulted ;p

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by user27089 on 12-04-2004 at 02:41 AM

To be honest, i'd rather have less friends and be who I wanted to be than to be something i'm actually not and have more friends, because its not being true to yourself or any of the people that are around you.

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by kangie on 12-04-2004 at 02:45 AM

aye traxor, thats what i felt.... i didnt wanna be in witht the "cool" crowd, cos they were a bunch of sheep, who couldnt wear different clothes coz their so called other "cool friends" would no longer accept them....

doesnt it make you wonder whether theyll look back on their lives when theyre much older, and wish theyd been who they were inside, wearing what they wanted etc..... i really hope most of the ppl in my school do, cos i can laugh at them, cos i have no regrets :P im hoping i become famous so i can laugh even more ;)

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by user27089 on 12-04-2004 at 03:27 AM

I know that ill look back and laugh at some of the people who have made my life hell, people like them won't get anywhere, they're stupid idiots, who have nothing better to do than to follow people around and bully on the little people, when we're older, with good jobs, nice cars etc. they will have 10 kids, each to different children, liven on a rough council estate in birmingham and be worthless chav's... </rave>

RE: fake ppl- do you agree?? by kangie on 12-04-2004 at 04:24 AM

*nods* most of them will never be as happy as i am (even if im no famous.......... yet) theyll all be sitting there wondering why theyre no as wonderful as me ;p ooooh.... im bigheaded AND bitter :P but i have the right to be bitter :) but tbh, i think that theyll wish theyd had the guts to doo what they wanted, cos theyre gonna end up in deadend jobs, wheras ill have the brain to do something different to what everyone else does :D