Shoutbox

Fuzzy monitor - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Fuzzy monitor (/showthread.php?tid=34814)

Fuzzy monitor by Vazza on 11-24-2004 at 10:06 PM

I need help (actually I'm beyond help but lets not discuss that)
Following in from my 98/2000 crisis, a new problem has arisen. Dad has reinstalled 98 on an 80 gig hard drive but the monitor is fuzzy. It is ony displaying 16 colours when it should be the 256 one. I think it has something to do with the monitor choosen, but can't think how to rectify. Please help

RE: Fuzzy monitor by lopardo on 11-24-2004 at 10:13 PM

Looks like a video driver problem to me... Look for your video card driver CD and install the appropriate drivers.

RE: Fuzzy monitor by Vazza on 11-24-2004 at 10:23 PM

I take it that probably would be on the system restore disk that came from the company we bought the computer off of? Dad installed 98 from the actual disk

RE: Fuzzy monitor by KeyStorm on 11-24-2004 at 10:30 PM

Get to the page of the manufacturer of your videocard (you will know what it is running "dxdiag") and download the drivers for Windows 98. That will most probably fix it.

RE: Fuzzy monitor by Fergy on 11-26-2004 at 06:40 PM

http://www.video-drivers.com/
you will most likely find it there
i found a driver for a 486 S3 for 98
(Translation: Video Card from a 11 year old computer)

RE: Fuzzy monitor by Vazza on 11-26-2004 at 07:53 PM

Hey all

Problem solved. The orginal 98 disk didn't have the drivers required however we had a system restore disk to go with the computer, used that instead and the monitor display correctly from first go. (it was sorta of an eureka moment for me when I remembered what I done previously (a))

Cheers to all for all your help

RE: Fuzzy monitor by deuce on 11-30-2004 at 03:40 AM

lol nice i got one built in video card and i bought one and it gets kinda screwy with my computer from the one i bought for some reason when i swith to that one so i gotta use my old one :(