Shoutbox

Web browser text format into MsgPlus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! (/showthread.php?tid=34819)

Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by XM4ST3RX on 11-24-2004 at 11:50 PM

I know i know my idea's are good :$:P

But yeah, this is a brilliant idea... i think everyone would use it too!

code:
What exactly will it do?
You will be able to highlight some text in your web browser (Internet Explorer... maybe also on some more popular browsers too) and click a menu item, value being something like "Copy to Clip-board (MsgPlus!)".

I think this will be a very good feature and will get used ALOT, as hundreds of thousands of users copy and paste data from web browsers to MSN Messenger conversation windows every day! and some-times its a pain in the butt when reading alot of data and its not correctly formatted like it is in your web browser.

Note Patchou:
Dont like my idea? Dont hate me :P
Any decent contribution is better than none :P
(Patchou says: 20 bucks would be better) ;)
LoL :P

Regards,
XM4ST3RX
RE: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by Patchou on 11-25-2004 at 09:22 AM

That's a good idea :). However, I cannot unfortunately do anything in IE for one simple reason: some people could see that as a dangerous action from the evil sponsored-Messenger-Plus! software ;). Too bad...

RE: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by SlimShady on 11-25-2004 at 12:55 PM

@Patchou:
I heard those replies before...
What I always think:
Make the feature optional and disable it by default.
Unless it's way too difficult (internally) to switch from enable to disable

RE: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by XM4ST3RX on 11-25-2004 at 01:54 PM

Yeah, idea from SlimShady is quite a good way to work around it...

you could have a section in the Plus! settings which described it a little bit, what it does etc... and "Note: nothing to do with sponsor program" or something...

Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by CookieRevised on 11-25-2004 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
I think this will be a very good feature and will get used ALOT, as hundreds of thousands of users copy and paste data from web browsers to MSN Messenger conversation windows every day! and some-times its a pain in the butt when reading alot of data and its not correctly formatted like it is in your web browser.
Select the text and press CTRL+C or CTRL+INS. This will have the exact same result as your suggestion... ;)
RE: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by XM4ST3RX on 11-25-2004 at 04:09 PM

CookieRevised, that does not copy all the Messenger Plus! colour codes mate...

My idea was for it to copy all Messenger Plus! colour codes so that when u paste it into a conversation window it will have the same format as on the website.

Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by CookieRevised on 11-25-2004 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
CookieRevised, that does not copy all the Messenger Plus! colour codes mate...

My idea was for it to copy all Messenger Plus! colour codes so that when u paste it into a conversation window it will have the same format as on the website.
Well, that's something very different then what I could make up of your suggestion (which was just copying text). In that case, it could be usefull, but I don't think it will be used by a lot of people (also giving the fact that not many people even find there way to the help pages if you look at the asked questions on this forum and IRC)

PS: and if used for giving help, it is better to link to the pages instead of copying text from it. In that way the help requestor knows where it comes from and can find more help on his own. It's also a lot faster for the helper to quickly post a link then to copy/paste everything.
RE: Web browser text format into MsgPlus! by user27089 on 11-25-2004 at 04:41 PM

I agree that this would be soon as adware from Messenger Plus! or something, as it would also edit Internet Explorer, not Messenger, I don't see much point... I think that there should be a command that copies the url thats in your address bar though, that would be more useful imo.