Shoutbox

Winks - Crash Messanger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Winks - Crash Messanger (/showthread.php?tid=34825)

Winks - Crash Messanger by sachinonnet on 11-25-2004 at 09:42 AM

I am using Messanger 7.0.0425 .. and my friend is using old version i select winks to send him but it gives error of your friend might be using older version.. and after that it gives memory leak error and get crashed..

does any one know the resons

RE: Winks - Crash Messanger by stuartbennett on 11-25-2004 at 10:15 AM

ok i am also using msn messenger 7.0.0425 and i dont have any memory leaks as far as i know. i send winks to people then if theyre using an older versiuon i get the stand message your talking about. but my msn doesnt crash afterwrds so lets compare notes and see watt the differences are.

Config:
Windows XP Pro SP2
MSN Messenger 7.0.0425
Messenger Plus 3.40.110

RE: Winks - Crash Messanger by Hank on 11-25-2004 at 12:59 PM

have you got the latest Windows Updates? latest Flashplayer ?  what Windows Platform have  you got?

RE: Winks - Crash Messanger by stuartbennett on 11-25-2004 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
have you got the latest Windows Updates? latest Flashplayer ?  what Windows Platform have  you got?

yes i have all the latest updates including the latest flash player im also using flash mx 7 and i have windows xp pro service pack 2

RE: RE: Winks - Crash Messanger by CookieRevised on 11-25-2004 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
quote:
Originally posted by Demandred

yes i have all the latest updates including the latest flash player im also using flash mx 7 and i have windows xp pro service pack 2
Good to know, but I think Demandred pointed that question to sachinonnet.

quote:
Originally posted by sachinonnet
I am using Messanger 7.0.0425 .. and my friend is using old version i select winks to send him but it gives error of your friend might be using older version.. and after that it gives memory leak error and get crashed..
does any one know the resons
Did you try to uninstall Messenger Plus! and see if the same thing occurs?
RE: Winks - Crash Messanger by stuartbennett on 11-25-2004 at 03:31 PM

oh sorry cookie i didnt realse that demandred was talking to the other guy sorryu about that.

RE: Winks - Crash Messanger by sachinonnet on 11-26-2004 at 12:58 PM

Hi,

thanx to all of you for replying .

i am uswin windows 2000 server sp 4 + all letest pateches updated. i am also using msgplus 3.40.110 beta.

RE: Winks - Crash Messanger by Underlord on 11-26-2004 at 01:02 PM

Just thought i'd mention MSN Messenger 7 is illegal for everyone except official beta testers :).