Shoutbox

Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! (/showthread.php?tid=34826)

Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by DeJa_Vu on 11-25-2004 at 10:50 AM

Hello everyone.

I don't know if that trick was mentioned by anyone before ..

there is a way to have you hotmail storage limit upgraded to 250 MB without the need to wait for Microsoft to do it for you ..

I tried it myself and it worked!

Just change your country to Australia, and within 48 hours you will be notified that your account has been upgraded .. I have no idead about other possible countries

Wish that would make many of you happy since a lot of us still suffer from never-to-be-upgraded 2 MB account ..

Good Luck !

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by BluexDreams on 11-25-2004 at 12:05 PM

Sounds good! I'll try it ^^

Thnx for the info!

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by RaceProUK on 11-25-2004 at 01:31 PM

You could also try changing it to UK... we've had our accounts enlarged.

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by The_Thief on 11-25-2004 at 03:39 PM

I'm in Canada and mine has been enlarged already to 250mb

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by tony on 11-25-2004 at 04:07 PM

ill wait to december 5..  [Image: nobanana.gif]

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by user13774 on 11-25-2004 at 04:39 PM

We in Holland are still unlucky with ur 2 Mb :dodgy:

But I'll just wait until we get our 250 Mb....

We do got the upgrade with the new photo editing thingy... dodgy Microsoft :dodgy:

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by _Humphreys on 11-25-2004 at 05:42 PM

I finally had my email of Microsoft saying that my account was updating in the next 30 days so i'll just wait till then. Thanks for telling me this anyways.:)

Edit : Just checked and I have just been giving it.:D

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by whatsupwez on 11-25-2004 at 05:49 PM

I live in the UK and my account has not been upgraded!!

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by _Humphreys on 11-25-2004 at 05:55 PM

quote:
I live in the UK and my account has not been upgraded!!

I think they are doing everyone's in the U.K. in 30 days so keep checking your account and hopefully you'll get it in time for chirstmas.:)
RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by jren207 on 11-25-2004 at 06:06 PM

I had mine upgraded and i'm in the UK. It got upgraded about a week or so ago and I just got an E-Mail telling me today lol. 8-)

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by Mike on 11-25-2004 at 06:39 PM

Today, when I checked my emails (hotmail) before I went to the inbox a got a message saying "Your hotmail has just been upgraded!
What's new?
Instant image resizing
..." and stuff like that.
And then i said "Yayyy!! I finally got my 250 MB!"
Then clicked continue, and still 2 MB :@

Living in Greece

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by user13774 on 11-25-2004 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Today, when I checked my emails (hotmail) before I went to the inbox a got a message saying "Your hotmail has just been upgraded!
What's new?
Instant image resizing
..." and stuff like that.
And then i said "Yayyy!! I finally got my 250 MB!"
Then clicked continue, and still 2 MB :@

Living in Greece

I've had exactly the same :dodgy:
RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by kyle212 on 12-14-2004 at 02:56 PM

I'm in Washington State and I don't think My account has been updated.

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by John Anderton on 12-14-2004 at 03:14 PM

I'm In India And My Account's Never Been Upgraded. Can I Change My Account To Another Country To Get An Upgrade And Then Back To India Again And Yet Keep My 250 Mb Space ???

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by kangie on 12-14-2004 at 04:59 PM

my UK account was upgraded 2-3months ago.... but the new one ive got, hasnt been yet... doesnt really bother me tbh... i only ever used 12% of my 2mb :)

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by Rubber Stamp on 12-16-2004 at 02:07 PM

wats australias postal code???
edit: nvm, i got it

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by John Anderton on 12-16-2004 at 02:26 PM

Why do ya need australia's postal code??

Is there anyway i can upgrade my acc to even 10 or 100 mb (for free) that would more than enough.

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by Sunshine on 12-16-2004 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Is there anyway i can upgrade my acc to even 10 or 100 mb (for free) that would more than enough.
Nope, not possible.
RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by MessEnGer on 12-16-2004 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
I'm In India And My Account's Never Been Upgraded. Can I Change My Account To Another Country To Get An Upgrade And Then Back To India Again And Yet Keep My 250 Mb Space ???

I am in India my account was upgraded a few days back just have patience for a few more days i am sure it will be upgraded
RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by s7a5 on 12-17-2004 at 08:01 AM

i got it updated to 250 been about couple of month or so

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by Chop on 12-17-2004 at 11:06 AM

i just changed to australia :P

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by John Anderton on 12-18-2004 at 01:58 PM

Really "MessEnGer". Did you do anything special recently ?? Cause mine hasnt been updated:'(

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by DeJa_Vu on 12-19-2004 at 11:51 AM

Hello again and sorry for being late!

Well, I think whenever a trick makes things work faster, Microsoft wastes no time in finding it out

My main email was upgraded to 250 MB using the trick that I mentioned, and when I tried it with two emails nothing changed! I guess our mail storage limit fate is "officially" in Microsoft hands :D

btw, many of my friends have tried different countries (France, US, UK) and most of them got their emails upgraded .. the question is "Has Microsoft reacted after being informed of users changing their locations?" I certainly believe so

Anyways, since the trick does not work anymore, the unlucky ones can only wait till they get their christmas surprise :P

Oh one more thing, I upgraded another email to 2 GB but it involved using numbers so I guess it was illegal and every while I receive an email from Microsoft warning me that my email will be cancelled unless I verify my billing information .. well they have been doing that for more than 3 months and I still enjoy using my email (H)

Have fun all and sorry again

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by FrozernFire on 12-19-2004 at 12:31 PM

i have already changed to australia, though i think it's already more than 2 days :dodgy: i'll wait for 1 or 2 days more before changing my country to canada or uk :grin:

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by John Anderton on 12-22-2004 at 06:25 PM

Tell me which country works. Then ill try it too. After its been upgraded can i revert my country back to its original form ??? How do ya change the country anyway ??

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by DeJa_Vu on 12-23-2004 at 02:06 PM

John Anderton .. I mentioned some countries such as: US, UK, France and Australia and don't forget some countries need Postal Code to be entered.  For example, for the states you can choose New York and enter (10001) as your Postal Code if I am not mistaken !

However it seems changing location does not work anymore in trying 2 upgrade to 250 MB !

To change your country:

Options --> Personal --> My Profile

and yes you can go back to your original country at any time

RE: Don't wait .. Upgrade to 250 MB NOW! by John Anderton on 12-23-2004 at 03:24 PM

I just went to http://www.hotmail.com. It loaded the page http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=2 as usual. Then to my surprise i saw the following text
Quote from hotmail.com :-
New to MSN Hotmail?
A smarter way to email - FREE!
Feel more secure!
Help keep your inbox free from contamination. With powerful spam filters and thorough virus scanning & cleaning.

Easily connect & share!
Send & receive e-mail from any Web connection. With a huge 250MB inbox* and the ability to send up to 10MB files or photos.

Country Specific Domains:
Opening a new universe of e-mail names. Makes it easier to get a unique e-mail name and personalize your e-mail address.

*Receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your email account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.

End Of Quote from hotmail.com

If i already have one how can i upgrade. Check out the site for more. If u have any suggestions then post here cause i would reallly like that 250 mb. I have gmail but i need hotmail for chatting and some official matters. Plz help.

EDIT: Is there anyway i can close my current account immediately (without waitin for 2-3 months) and then immediately signup for the same username in hotmail again ???^o)

EDIT 2: Did ya uyz whose accounts were updated to 250 Mb have your mailboxes filled with mail to 'bout 50-60%+ cause the allotment of a 250 mb mailbox is at microsoft's discretion so ....... 8-) mabbe they're givin it to guyz whose mailboxes are full ????? Neideas ???

I Went to my hotmail account and after signing in i went to options then to the upgrade tab and next to "msn upgrade opportunities" where i found the foll. text.

Quote:
Information for current MSN subscribers:
All existing MSN Hotmail Extra Storage subscribers will be automatically upgraded to MSN Hotmail Plus at no additional cost when it becomes available this summer. No action is required on your part.
Unquote.

So U see there's nothin to be worried about cause all of our accounts are gonna be upgraded. I am rite ain't i or is this all a scam or somethin where only some ppl will get upgrades.
If i dont get an upgrade then this is my x'mas gift to microsoft. :refuck:[Image: guillotine.gif][Image: guns.gif][Image: machinegun.gif][Image: chainsaw.gif]:blah:
(6)He He(6)