Shoutbox

Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=34830)

Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by JustDodoit on 11-25-2004 at 12:54 PM

I have a super suggestion 4 the messenger plus the new version which will b compaitable with the new msn messenger 7(H)

It's 2 have the great tool :block checker ;)
so we have the option ;when right click on the contact in the contacts list in messenger Plus ; (check if this contact is online)
there are great links 4 programs 2 check the real status of the contacts like:
http://www.blockstatus.com/msnsta.php(Y)
http://turdinc.kicks-ass.net/Msntv/msn2.html(Y)

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by .Roy on 11-25-2004 at 12:57 PM

uugh i always thought that it was impossible to check blocking :-/

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by Sunshine on 11-25-2004 at 12:58 PM

Blockcheckers do not work anymore, have a look at blockcheckers do not work to understand why.

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by JustDodoit on 11-25-2004 at 01:02 PM

i knew b4 abt this option but me as an example didnt check this option in my messenger so maybe many do the same
y nt trying???

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by Sunshine on 11-25-2004 at 01:44 PM

Maybe you haven't but the point is you never know if the contact you wanna check upon has...therefor its not reliable. Why add an option that's not reliable?

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by Omar on 11-25-2004 at 04:08 PM

Instead of being paranoid and "wanting to know" if someone blocked you... i think is best not to annoy your contacts in the first place...

In other words...

DONT DO ANYTHING WORTH OF  GETTING BLOCKED....

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by .Roy on 11-25-2004 at 05:25 PM

i dont remember but there is a site where it asks the persons email you want to know they blocked you,, So then he checks if the person is online or not throught an anyomonous email and if he is online that means he is blocking you because you see him offline..

You can always make a secret account and check :-P

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by CookieRevised on 11-25-2004 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
i dont remember but there is a site where it asks the persons email you want to know they blocked you,, So then he checks if the person is online or not throught an anyomonous email and if he is online that means he is blocking you because you see him offline..
:dodgy: that is exactly how every blockchecker "works"/worked. And it does not work anymore because of the fixed bug in the protocol.
RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by .Roy on 11-25-2004 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
:dodgy: that is exactly how every blockchecker "works"/worked. And it does not work anymore because of the fixed bug in the protocol.
so you are saying that what i wrote doesnt work now?

Like i cant log into another account and check..

Or go to the site and do as they say?

I think it will work -_- , But i might be missing something

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by CookieRevised on 11-25-2004 at 05:52 PM

quote:
so you are saying that what i wrote doesnt work now?
Yep, that's what I and everybody else on many other threads and forums are saying. Also: "Now"? This bug has been fixed a very long time ago and thus this isn't working anymore for a very long time...

quote:
I think it will work -_- , But i might be missing something
Yep, you're missing like hundreds of posts and threads which say exactly what we were saying: That it does not work....

:)
RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by .Roy on 11-25-2004 at 08:40 PM

wow.. so ive been living under a rock this hole time.. :-(

Oh well i dont get blocked often or even never so i wouldnt use this feature :-)..

RE: Super Suggestion 4 the Messenger Plus! by matty on 11-25-2004 at 08:59 PM

End of subject.

Patchou will not incorporate a blockchecker into Messenger Plus! as he feels it is a breech of privacy.

End of subject.

That and it's impossible with the fixed protocol. If the user doesn't want to allow contacts not on their list to see their status they will appear offline so that is why block checkers no longer work.