Shoutbox

Missing plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Missing plus (/showthread.php?tid=34841)

Missing plus by Guld on 11-25-2004 at 07:35 PM

Every time i start my msn the plus is not there, i need to reinstall it to be able to use it.
When i press ctl+alt+del it is there, and i looked on the registry, its on the local machine but not on the current user.

RE: Missing plus by marissa on 11-26-2004 at 02:51 AM

go to C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3 and run MsgPlus.exe then restart msn messenger and the "Plus!" menu shoudl be there. Once you have that, go to Plu> preferences> general options> miscellaneous> and check "Force messenger Plus! to load when computer starts"

I hope that helped you out :)

RE: Missing plus by Guld on 11-26-2004 at 12:11 PM

The force plus on startup is already checked, but thanks anyways.

The problems seems to be in the registry

RE: Missing plus by Sunshine on 11-26-2004 at 12:29 PM

I'm guessing you installed Plus! on a limited account. Reboot into safemode and choose the account called "administrator" (to be sure you got the account with full admin priviledges), install Plus! there. Return to your regular account and see if it has solved the problem..if not reinstall Plus! on that account aswell.

If that doesnt work you can again try to force plus to load on startup as Marissa said, or place Plus! in your startupfolder if forcing doesnt help either.

RE: Missing plus by Guld on 11-26-2004 at 01:33 PM

I am running in administrator mode, the thing is, Messenger Plus is loading, if i hit ctrl+alt+del he is there, but he aint showing on the msn, only when i reinstall it

RE: RE: Missing plus by Sunshine on 11-26-2004 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guld
I am running in administrator mode, the thing is, Messenger Plus is loading, if i hit ctrl+alt+del he is there, but he aint showing on the msn, only when i reinstall it

Try as i said above anyways (from safemode)...
Or if it gives you an errormessage try doing the option to repair permanently (option 2 i think it is).
RE: Missing plus by Guld on 11-26-2004 at 02:14 PM

I have only administrator mode, and i already tried reinstalling, its the same problem.
I have had Messenger Plus for ages, and this problem only started recently

RE: Missing plus by CookieRevised on 11-26-2004 at 03:44 PM

What is your full MSN Messenger version (see Tools > About MSN Messenger)?
And what is your full Messenger Plus! version (see Plus! > About) ?

RE: Missing plus by Guld on 11-26-2004 at 04:05 PM

messenger 6.2, plus 3.25.106

RE: Missing plus by Guld on 11-27-2004 at 11:25 PM

still need help :(