Shoutbox

Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 (/showthread.php?tid=34857)

Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by *Rancid* on 11-26-2004 at 05:43 AM

Ok so i downloaded and installed msn messenger version 7.0.0425 and Plus! version 3.40.0110 and everything was really good i compliment on the work with plus untill i go to close a conversation window, when i do that it comes up with a error message saying :

An error occurred loading the message history for ( persons msn nickname i was talking to ) (C:/Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Received Files\physco_raptor3673336124\Hitory\hikristin38628921779.xml)

An invalid character was found in text content.

Line:       6
Position: 5538
Do you want to try again?

And thats what it says and i got rid of messenger plus! to see if it still did it and it still did it so i thought i should tell you people so there you if you need any more questions answered on it then dont hesitate to email me and i'll help you in what ways i can, Thankyou

Matt

RE: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by Underlord on 11-26-2004 at 06:13 AM

http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=583
Try using that.

RE: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by Chrono on 11-26-2004 at 06:28 AM

what underlord said, and it wasnt a Plus! problem, thats why uninstalling it didnt solve it ;) so u can install it back :grin:

RE: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by Patchou on 11-26-2004 at 06:45 AM

Definitively not a Messenger Plus! problem, you can solve it easily by disabling the logging feature of Messenger (not Messenger Plus!).

RE: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by Dane on 11-26-2004 at 06:48 AM

Microsoft is aware of the bug and is working on a fix for future versions of MSN Messenger 7.

RE: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by biker on 11-26-2004 at 08:22 AM

waar vind ik die Messenger Plus voor de 7

RE: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by _Humphreys on 11-26-2004 at 08:26 AM

quote:
Originally Posted by biker : waar vind ik die Messenger Plus voor de 7

I am sorry this a mainly a English forum if you can speak/write English could you for people to help you? Thank you.:)
RE: Bug in messenger 7 or Plus! 3.40 by CookieRevised on 11-26-2004 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by biker
waar vind ik die Messenger Plus voor de 7
Every new version of Plus! will be anounced on http://www.msgplus.net/

Same here, if you go to that site, and click on news, you'll read:
quote:
MSN Messenger 7 Beta Is Not Alone Anymore! - 02/11/2004
For those of you who are currently testing MSN Messenger 7 Beta, I decided to release a special beta version of the forthcoming Messenger Plus! 3.40. This new version is far from being perfect but it should keep you company while I'm working on the final release. For more information and a download link:
please visit the forum.
^^ so click that link (and read that post first before downloading Messenger Plus! Beta for MSN Messenger 7 Beta...

Note: MSN Messenger 7 is still in Beta stage. It is NOT officialy released to the public and if you're not an official MSN Messenger Beta tester then it is illegal to use that MSN Messenger version.

Also, there are some rules here (like on any other forum), one of the rules states that you may not post off topic messages.

:D

quote:
Original post from biker (in English)
Where can I find the Messenger Plus! version for MSN Messenger 7 Beta.

General note:
Bug reports for Messenger Plus! 3.40 Beta should be posted in the sticky thread:
"Bug report for Messenger Plus! 3.40 (beta)"