Shoutbox

Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program (/showthread.php?tid=34858)

Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program by alegator on 11-26-2004 at 05:45 AM

Has anyone tried this one? How does it compare to StuffPlug-NG? Does it cause any conflict when installed together with Messenger Plus?
Thanks

http://www.messengerdiscovery.com/

RE: Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program by Chrono on 11-26-2004 at 06:36 AM

Stuffplug NG is a plug in for Messenger Plus!. Messenger Discovery is a stand alone program, so they are very different :P

if u already use plus! i would suggest u stuffplug.

i havent tested Messenger Discovery myself so i dunno, many people here dont like it.. i think u should try both programs and decide for the one u like the most (or both of them, as these programs have many different features that u might like :P)

RE: Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program by dotNorma on 11-26-2004 at 06:36 AM

MessengerDiscovery does not conflict with Messenger Plus!

And the open window notifier , opens a conversation with that person when they open one with you. However , StuffPlug just shows a toast alerting you.

I prefer StuffPlug-NG because it is a plugin rather then a stand alone plug-in for one. Also , The open window notifier in MessengerDiscovery seems much more annoying then the one in StuffPlug-NG.

I hope I was able to help you.

RE: Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program by alegator on 11-26-2004 at 10:02 AM

Thanks for your replies. I've read in the Messenger Discovery FAQ that as you say it does not conflict with Plus! at all.
Can I have both Stuffplug NG and Discovery installed simultaneously with Plus!?

I just tested StuffPlug-NG . The open Window notifier is cool, but I can't seem to be able to keep a log of these events (time and contact who opened window). IS there a log kept somewhere?
Thanks

RE: Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program by CookieRevised on 11-26-2004 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
I just tested StuffPlug-NG . The open Window notifier is cool, but I can't seem to be able to keep a log of these events (time and contact who opened window). IS there a log kept somewhere?
Thanks
No, not with StuffPlug-NG. But you could use OpenConvo which has more options (including logging) regarding the "open window notifier"-feature.
See "openConvo (notifies when a user open/close your chat window)".

Oh, and do not double post (posting more then once in a row), please. If you wish to add something then edit your previous post instead of making a new one.
RE: Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program by RaceProUK on 11-26-2004 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
Can I have both Stuffplug NG and Discovery installed simultaneously with Plus!?
Long or short answer?
Long: Yes you can!
Short: Yes!
RE: Detecting when a contact opens conversation window/New Program by alegator on 11-26-2004 at 07:35 PM

I testes Openconvo, it does not seem to work. I 'm unable to find the openconvo.txt file, which suppossedly should be in the Plugins folder of PLus!.
I also made a full system search and nothing.