Shoutbox

Organise Start Menu - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Organise Start Menu (/showthread.php?tid=34874)

Organise Start Menu by Dan0208 on 11-26-2004 at 01:56 PM

Hey all just a quick question,
Does anyone know a way or if its possible (im pretty sure i have seen it in desktop threads) to organise your start menu in xp.
What i mean is that because its getting rather big and programs like all the office ones (Word,excel,access etc) are all separate shortcuts, can you put them into subfolders or something.
Like Microsoft Office > xxxxxx
                                   xxxxxx
                                   xxxxxx
I would also like to do this with many other things. like a media section, burning section, graphics editing etc so its all neat, tidy and small.
Does anyone know of an easy way. is there a way without any extra prog running to add to all the other crap i have running at same time slowing everything (eg windowsblinds etc)
Thanks for your time
Daniel

RE: Organise Start Menu by Moo on 11-26-2004 at 02:20 PM

right click - >properties on the start menu

RE: Organise Start Menu by Caboose on 11-26-2004 at 02:36 PM

Or you can navigate to: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Start Menu\Programs and arrange them from there.

RE: Organise Start Menu by Tochjo on 11-26-2004 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
Or you can navigate to: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Start Menu\Programs and arrange them from there.
Yes, but a simpler way is to right click on the Start button and click Open (or Browse), similar to the Properties option. You can then manage the items like folders and files :)
RE: Organise Start Menu by Fergy on 11-26-2004 at 06:35 PM

they all do the same thing