Shoutbox

Msn icon black - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn icon black (/showthread.php?tid=34875)

Msn icon black by user35870 on 11-26-2004 at 03:12 PM

Each time msn messenger starts up with windoows xp the icon goes black and msn crashes does any one know how to  get round this screenshot removed

RE: Msn icon black by Vazza on 11-26-2004 at 04:04 PM

I get this sometimes too when I have two messenger loaded at startup although I am using a polygamy patch to which I suspect may be the cause of mine. Do you have any such patches installed/programmes that allow this?

RE: Msn icon black by _Humphreys on 11-26-2004 at 04:08 PM

Sometimes when I open the MSN window too fast I get a black window and this won't go away untill I restart it.:( Does any one know why it might the same reason as the black icon (note : I don't use polygammy so it might not be that.)

RE: Msn icon black by Anubis on 11-26-2004 at 04:42 PM

Unlikely idea, but possible, graphics card drivers...always check they are installed and the right ones when little graphics and icon bugs appear, they aren't always the cause, but it often will solve little things like this.
Of course a likely idea would be if you've reshacked MSN carelessly, and deleted some graphics.
But my main guess is some kind of :dodgy: patch on it...

RE: Msn icon black by user35870 on 11-26-2004 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
I get this sometimes too when I have two messenger loaded at startup although I am using a polygamy patch to which I suspect may be the cause of mine. Do you have any such patches installed/programmes that allow this

yes thats most be whats causeing it thanks