Shoutbox

Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact (/showthread.php?tid=34917)

Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 11-27-2004 at 05:28 PM

Hey everyone; I hope everyone is doing good. I have just registered here so dont bite ;)

Ok whenever I right click on my messenger icon in the system tray and select send an instant mesage and select a congtact; my computer opens the window to chat to them but it also opens a window to send that person an email. This is incredibly annoying and whenever someone sends me an IM it does the same thing again; opens an email window to send the person an email.
[Image: ie.gif]

I hope the above was understandable; otherwise I can record a flash movie of my screen activity to visually illustrate my problem.

Anyhelp will be appreciated thank you very much.

FlamingBlade

P.S:
My system:
MSN Messenger 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus 3.25.106
Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP2 sucks :P )
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by Sunshine on 11-27-2004 at 05:35 PM

Instant messages is a feature of MSN itself. It shouldn't open a send e-mail page, so it prolly got corrupted somehow.
I suggest repairing/reinstalling MSN messenger to fix it. You can choose repair if you run the installer again..you can try that first. If that doesn't work uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by Mnjul on 11-27-2004 at 05:36 PM

Would you make certain if this is caused by Messenger Plus! ? Please try to uninstall Plus! and see if this problem remains ;)

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 11-28-2004 at 01:13 PM

thanks to everyone for their input;its is appreciated!

the problem exists even if i reinstall msn messenger; ok and i uninstalled Plus! and it still happenes; its very annoying lol and i have anothe rproblem regradring commands such as /nick but i'll make another post on that....

any ideas on why my email opens?

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by Vilkku on 11-28-2004 at 01:36 PM

Well, if a contact is offline and you double-click on it the mail opens. Mabye it's somehow mixed up. No idea how to solve it if that's the case.

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 11-28-2004 at 03:18 PM

thanks for your input!!!

problem is that the contacts are ONLINE and when an IM window opens so does the email...incredibly annoyin!

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by Major Tom on 11-30-2004 at 06:45 PM

Sounds like a registry corruption, will do a little search for you... ;)

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 11-30-2004 at 07:27 PM

thank you for your kind offer; I hope it helps!

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by Major Tom on 11-30-2004 at 08:31 PM

Ok, give this a go, it may take a while... lol:

1) Uninstall both, (msn and plus),
2) reboot,
3) Go to Start > Set programmea access and defalts > Custom > "instant messegng programme" > Un-tick "Rable access to thid programme...
4) Reboot
5) Repeat "3" but tick it again
6) Install again...

Long I know, but hey if it annoys you.... lol

Excuse My Spelling, in a rush lol...

Let me know...

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by JaymachRalTir on 12-01-2004 at 09:36 AM

Are you running any other add-ons for MSN Messenger? MSN Shell? InfoPen-MSN? emoPump? MessengerDiscovery? It's not a problem with MSN or with Plus! by the way :P Happened to me when I was running one of the above add-ons...just can't remember which one caused it.

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 12-09-2004 at 04:36 PM

thank you very much for your time; and yes i forgot i also run infopen-msn!!!

i just cleaned out my computer from the w32/pate.b lol so i was away for a while!!!

problem is i really like infopen-msn so anyway i cna disable this "function" lol?

oh and major tom; i will try this in a minute!

jus lemme finish up somethign i am working; thanks again!

ok major tom i did what u asked for and it didnt make a difference at all mate!!

thanks again for wasting my time lolzz

thanks for everyone's input...anybody got any other ideas?

Edit by Fraisie: Please edit previous post instead of double posting :)

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by CookieRevised on 12-09-2004 at 07:11 PM

like JaymachRalTir said, uninstall InfoPen, it conflicts....

If you want handwriting then install the Handwriting Plugin. Since you're using MSN Messenger 6.x you need the full handwriting plugin package: HandWriting_without_convert.zip

Note: the convert button will still not work after you've installed the Handwriting Plugin. For this you need to install another DLL which you can find here together with its install instructions: http://www.mongfish.com/msnmsgr/
(with the convert button you can write text and it will be automatically converted to typed text)

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingBlade
Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP2 sucks  )
I strongly suggest to upgrade to SP2 though!!!!
RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 12-13-2004 at 10:32 AM

hey thanks for your input!!!

thank you CookieRevised; I will try this when I get home; i am at school right now; thanks very much!!!

And i really dont like sp2 i ordered the cd and uninstalled sp2 about 10 mins after i installed lol lol; its dead annoying and has many problems in my experience; i just absolutely hate sp2!!!

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by CookieRevised on 12-13-2004 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingBlade
And i really dont like sp2 i ordered the cd and uninstalled sp2 about 10 mins after i installed lol lol; its dead annoying and has many problems in my experience; i just absolutely hate sp2!!!
How can you have much experience when you only had it for 10mins? True, some default settings can be annoying, but that is why they are settings and not fixed things. Configure it to your own likings. Also, there is nothing wrong with SP2 despite of the rumours you might hear; It all comes down to configuring it (which is quite easy). I bet you configured Windows also to your likings, this is no different with a service pack...
RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 12-19-2004 at 09:17 PM

You said:
How can you have much experience when you only had it for 10mins?

I didnt say much experience; i just said my experience; my experience of 10 mins ;)

i didnmt have the time nor patience to  fiddle with it that time but now i hav the urge to try again...8-)

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by tomfletcherman on 12-29-2004 at 11:26 AM

If you are clicking on the actual online/offline icon it opens their contact card, if you double click it, it opens email...

RE: Email Opening Upon Selection Of Contact by FlamingBlade on 12-31-2004 at 04:26 PM

no before i just right clicked and clciked anywhere on their name and the chattign window came; this problem also occurs when someone chats to me