Shoutbox

flash tutorials for website, and help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: flash tutorials for website, and help (/showthread.php?tid=34939)

flash tutorials for website, and help by martin on 11-28-2004 at 03:17 AM

im wanting to do a website for a radio station and my ideas call for a flash site but i dont know anything about flash. i downloaded a trail version of it that last like 160 day i think, so i have a little bit of time to work on this. but my main problem is all the flash tutorials i find is mainly bout doing aninmations and movies, but nothing bout websites, anyone know where i can find sum

and when i was playing with it the other day, i imported sum of hte images im wanting to use and there all pixilated and look like s***, how would i fix that.
if sum of your who have designed flash site have sum free time and would like to help i would be very thankfull, (and happy) and i put together a little gif animation of sumwut of wut im wanting to do, it isn't complete i just made it so u can get an idea of want i want to do

RE: flash tutorials for website, and help by ranicx on 11-28-2004 at 06:02 AM

umm i dont know of any tuts for actualy making a flash website.. cause thats a farly big task to do and envolves having a decent knowlange of acion script.. but with the imgs.. import them as BMP files.. or PNG if u want transperancy.. never as jpeg. cause flash actually compresses the files it self, so importingjpeg files actualy makes the final product alot larger.

RE: flash tutorials for website, and help by deuce on 11-29-2004 at 04:51 AM

cant u do a mouse over thing for the shaft thing to go down.... then some script for when u put ur mouse over it it will move down in the menu???

RE: flash tutorials for website, and help by gnownoskcid on 11-29-2004 at 05:25 AM

a flash website is just a regular flash animated movie with interactivity implemented. Therefore, you would have to know the basics of creating a regular flash animated movie to begin with. (so read those tutorials that you mentioned if you don't know how)

as for interactivity, this is all scripted. It would help a lot if you know a scripting language of some type (such as javascript, etc) In flash, the scripting language is called Actionscript. It allows you to pause a movie, play the movie, rewind, and a whole bunch more. If you are using Macromedia Flash MX 2004, run it, press F1 to bring up the Help menu, choose "Using Actionscript in Flash". You should get all the help you need there

RE: flash tutorials for website, and help by deuce on 11-29-2004 at 09:55 PM

:P i was kinda close lol

RE: flash tutorials for website, and help by C3PO on 11-30-2004 at 11:53 AM

sorry martin i cant help u i know nothing about nothing but i was just wondering is there a pluggin out there to save flash files cause it would be so handy for me :P ive looked it up b4 but there all pay ones and the free ones neva work.

RE: flash tutorials for website, and help by deuce on 12-02-2004 at 12:02 AM

ahh... to save em...  wat do u mean really i dont think there is a way besides going in the code and finding the link :-# that is all i no