Shoutbox

Am i Right to assume that MPPLUGIN_RETURN_BOOL Initialize will give me the names.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Am i Right to assume that MPPLUGIN_RETURN_BOOL Initialize will give me the names.... (/showthread.php?tid=34954)

Am i Right to assume that MPPLUGIN_RETURN_BOOL Initialize will give me the names.... by TrevorP on 11-28-2004 at 01:50 PM

Of all my users emails....I would like to be able to list them somewhere...or rather a "current" list...

RE: Am i Right to assume that MPPLUGIN_RETURN_BOOL Initialize will give me the names.... by Plik on 11-28-2004 at 02:12 PM

Do you mean the emails of who ever is using the plugin, or the emails of the people added?
If it is the address of the person using the plugin then the Initialize funtion returns it.
If its the emails of the people that have added you then you have to use the messenger API

RE: Am i Right to assume that MPPLUGIN_RETURN_BOOL Initialize will give me the names. by Eljay on 11-28-2004 at 02:18 PM

in VB6 then make a form with 1 list box and add the following code
in declarations:

quote:
Public WithEvents msn As MessengerAPI.Messenger
and then in the main part of the code add this:
quote:
Private Sub Form_Load()
Set msn = New MessengerAPI.Messenger
Dim msncontact As IMessengerContact
Dim msncontacts As IMessengerContacts
Set msncontacts = msn.MyContacts
For Each msncontact In msncontacts
List1.AddItem (msncontact.SigninName)
Next
End Sub

EDIT: forgot to mention you need to reference the Messenger API Type Library or this wont work :p

in VB6 Project > References > and tick Messenger API Type Library
RE: Am i Right to assume that MPPLUGIN_RETURN_BOOL Initialize will give me the names.... by TrevorP on 11-28-2004 at 02:41 PM

ummm ok yeah i'm trying to list my current contact list to a file...and i use c++ not VB6...umm i've been reading the  messenger API Help file...and i think i see what i need i'm just gonna go see if i can get it working

RE: Am i Right to assume that MPPLUGIN_RETURN_BOOL Initialize will give me the names.... by CookieRevised on 11-29-2004 at 03:38 AM

TrevorP, just to make sure (in case you only want to export the list and aren't making this for something else): You do know that, in MSN Messenger, you can simply export your contactlist to a file?
In MSN Messenger go to the menu Contacts > Save contact List

If so, just ignore this post and carry on ;)