Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Open "Email" in difficult Browser - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Open "Email" in difficult Browser (/showthread.php?tid=34975)

[Suggestion] Open "Email" in difficult Browser by GameGuy on 11-29-2004 at 01:16 AM

I don't know if this is a good idea or not but alot of people always wanted to open up their emails to read and to write to people in Firefox (Most people). Is there any way you Patchou can make it do that? Have a option saying:

Open my emails in Difficult Browser?

RE: [Suggestion] Open "Email" in difficult Browser by DXtremz on 11-29-2004 at 01:37 AM

You mean Different?

RE: [Suggestion] Open "Email" in difficult Browser by GameGuy on 11-29-2004 at 01:45 AM

Diffrent or Difficult. I don't think that matters....:). Well, Yeah. Diffrent does fit in.

RE: [Suggestion] Open "Email" in difficult Browser by EvilSeph on 11-29-2004 at 01:53 AM

Hello xerocool,

There's a big difference between "Difficult", "Diffrent" and "Different". Regarding this function, if I recall correctly, Patchou doesn't add features that a plugin can easily provide. That plugin being StuffPlug-NG.

RE: [Suggestion] Open "Email" in different Browser by CookieRevised on 11-29-2004 at 01:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GameGuy
I don't know if this is a good idea or not but alot of people always wanted to open up their emails to read and to write to people in Firefox (Most people). Is there any way you Patchou can make it do that? Have a option saying:

Open my emails in difficultdifferent browser?

I think you mean it well (seeing your other posts), but you're not clear enough. So to prevent people from replying to the wrong thing:

You mean:
Can Patchou make it so that your hotmail email adres can be checked with your true default browser/other browser instead of MSIE. Just like StuffPlug-NG does...

Correct? because:
A) Messenger Plus! already can open up the browser of your choice when you use a POP3 mail instead of hotmail-mail. (see POP3 preferences in Plus!)
B) There is already a plugin which can do this for you, named StuffPlug-NG (which you certainly knew already of course)
but even StuffPlug can't fix it for certain browsers, see: "Open hotmail in Default browser"

RE: [Suggestion] Open "Email" in difficult Browser by GameGuy on 11-29-2004 at 02:12 AM

Alright. Thanks for the tips. Thread can be closed ;)