Shoutbox

Magic the Gathering - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Magic the Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=34977)

Magic the Gathering by Pr0xY on 11-29-2004 at 01:55 AM

Hey, I was kind of curious on who in this forum plays the card game Magic the Gathering, or the online verson.  If so post a yes or no. If yes, tell alittle bit about your playing style, like your fav. color, creature type, exe.... Also if you are a MTG Online player, give your nick for the game, I might be interested in playing you some time. 

-Pr0xY

RE: Magic the Gathering by _Humphreys on 11-29-2004 at 08:18 AM

I do :D my fav colour is black! My deck at the moment is a Bringer/Sunburst deck with a lot of tailsmans in it. Unfortunatley I am not a online player.:(

RE: Magic the Gathering by azn angel on 11-29-2004 at 08:29 AM

NO OFFENCE HERE! but it sounds like something like yuhgioh cards or pokemon or some other lame shit like that :undecided:
someone tell us what it is

RE: Magic the Gathering by gnownoskcid on 11-29-2004 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
NO OFFENCE HERE! but it sounds like something like yuhgioh cards or pokemon or some other lame shit like that :undecided:
that's exactly what it is... this is the game that started it all (isn't it?) and outlived them all... as i remember this game is quite old... and is still popular? well it doesn't seem to be dying out...
RE: Magic the Gathering by .Roy on 11-29-2004 at 08:52 AM

this game is really old and i played it 4 years ago but it got really boring. But i was a fan of elvs and a green deck. They were really good :-P

RE: Magic the Gathering by KeyStorm on 11-29-2004 at 04:18 PM

quote:
NO OFFENCE HERE! but it sounds like something like yuhgioh cards or pokemon or some other lame shit like that

Imo it's way way more interesting and complex than Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh. All the art and story is really better developed than the others. And is rather more adult than those. The most similar (and always Magic competitor) is LoTR Gaming Cards. Another one is Star Wars, too.

quote:
Originally posted by DureX
well it doesn't seem to be dying out...
Far from that, indeed. It's still growing, although probably not as strenghtfully as on the starts, but it still grows. They're preparing their 9th Basic edition (if it's not out yet :huh:). I quit playing it a couple of years ago... Too much waste of money for my rather little income :P

edit:
My last deck was a Control Vastague-based deck I built myself up to Legions, the last expansion I played. I still think black+blue is the best combination. Artefactic decks have become very interesting lately, as I've seen.
RE: Magic the Gathering by Millenium_edition on 11-29-2004 at 04:32 PM

It's a game that's good if you like to think, or if you like sci-fi unreal stuff :p

i don't like it. :d

RE: Magic the Gathering by user27089 on 11-29-2004 at 04:38 PM

I don't play stuff like this, they are not really to my liking.. I prefer doing some more constructive things to be honest. I'm not mocking it or anything, just that its not really my cup of tea.

RE: Magic the Gathering by Pr0xY on 12-07-2004 at 07:42 PM

quote:
But the one difference is this one has been played for over 10 years, and its only become more popular... ten years dont lie.

RE: Magic the Gathering by Millenium_edition on 12-07-2004 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
But the one difference is this one has been played for over 10 years, and its only become more popular... ten years dont lie.
if pokemon wasn't that childish it would have killed magic: the gathering. just because it's a cheap, more basic ripoff of magic.
RE: Magic the Gathering by CKY on 12-08-2004 at 12:52 AM

Yes, I play Magic: The Gathering. My current decks are: Worldgorger, Call of the Wild, Morph and this crazy unhinged deck. I think my playing style is along the lines of a Spike and Johnny. But I'd best stop making spike decks as my friends don't like playing me if I do..

For some reason blue has a place in my heart. I kind of like control/annoyingness

And as for creature type atm cleric... But perhaps Betrayers of Kamigawa/Saviours of Kamigawa may change my mind.... *-)

RE: Magic the Gathering by Pr0xY on 12-08-2004 at 04:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
if pokemon wasn't that childish it would have killed magic: the gathering.
nah I doubt that one man.... Pokemon had NO stratigy at all involved, it was just who ever had the biggest creature out.  Magic the gathering is WAY more complex, so many different things you can do, different ways to win, there are just too many to count.  Atleast once a week I meet someone with a type of deck I've never seem before, in which it does some crazy combo that I would have never thought off, and has a insane way of beating you. 
Pokemon? heh... what ever

RE: Magic the Gathering by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 04:29 AM

I have a friend. His brother is ranked #3 in Canda and Magic.....He has no life whatsoever :P

RE: Magic the Gathering by Pr0xY on 12-08-2004 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
I have a friend. His brother is ranked #3 in Canda and Magic.....He has no life whatsoever :P
Yeah I remember you telling me about that.  Thats awesome.... Do you remember what his name was?