Shoutbox

Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out (/showthread.php?tid=34987)

Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by lordy on 11-29-2004 at 08:37 AM

does anyone know how to fix this?

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by Chestah on 11-29-2004 at 08:42 AM

If your using Msn messenger 7 this feature currently isn't available untill Patchou releases a new version of msg plus!! He is investing different methods due to the difference bewteen msn 6 and 7 :)
Don't worry i'm hoping soon the public beta of msn messenger 7 will come out and Patchou will release a new update :)

EDIT: to answer your question, the only way to fix it would be downgrading to msn messenger 6 for the moment! sorry

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by lordy on 11-29-2004 at 08:46 AM

i am using messenger 6.2 and the version numbers are all the same on my other computers and it works on those, just not on this one

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.25.0106

They are my version numbers, and im using MSN messenger

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by Chestah on 11-29-2004 at 08:48 AM

hmm Are you using the 3.40 Beta version of msg plus?
please type in (!VER) into msn messenger and paste back what you see :) thanks!

hmm hehe 2 fast for me in doing the (!VER) ;) i'm sorry i have no idea why that would be doing that! you'll just have to wait until Patchou replies or someone else with the technical knowledge :( sorry :P!
It should be working tho! have you tried reinstalling both msn messenger and msg plus? (also try updating to the latest non-beta version of msgplus at msgplus.net) :)
RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by lordy on 11-29-2004 at 08:52 AM

its ok, thanx 4 trying, ANYONE ELSE? lol

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by Chestah on 11-29-2004 at 08:54 AM

well have u actually tried reinstalling both? and updating yet... that might be a good thing to do :)

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by lordy on 11-29-2004 at 08:59 AM

yer i have, and it didnt make a difference, i have the latest version of Plus! according to the website

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by Chestah on 11-29-2004 at 09:01 AM

yep ok well not much i can do sorry :P! I've asked WDZ to have a look at this thread he might beable to help you :)

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by lordy on 11-30-2004 at 06:26 AM

boogerz!! doesnt neone know how 2 fix it?

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by CookieRevised on 11-30-2004 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
With these versions it should work.

The only instance when it will be greyed out is when your running Windows Messenger, or if you're using MSN Messenger 7.
RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by Patchou on 11-30-2004 at 05:37 PM

My guess would be that you installed Spleak :)... this plugin is currently incompatible with some features of Messenger Plus!, including the "enhance contact list" one.

RE: Enhance the contact list with Messenger Plus! features option is greyed out by lordy on 12-02-2004 at 03:29 AM

oh gee, i didnt think of that, that'll be the problem, thank you Patchou!