Shoutbox

Anyone know of any good anime?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Anyone know of any good anime?! (/showthread.php?tid=35042)

Anyone know of any good anime?! by .Roy on 11-30-2004 at 04:39 PM

Anyone know of any good anime?!

Ive started liking anime when i got Winamp.. I noticed a nice feature called Internet Tv and watched some cool anime..

Its called Lord of lords Ryu Knight or Adue's Legend.

Its japanese i think but there is subtitles.. Its awesome :-P So ive been thinking if anyone else heard of good anime?

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by _Humphreys on 11-30-2004 at 04:43 PM

The Street Fighter movies are way cool check them out :D the anime films of course not the crappy real flims.

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by dolly_sar on 11-30-2004 at 04:49 PM

Naruto on animesuki.com :D

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by BluexDreams on 11-30-2004 at 04:55 PM

Trigun!

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Day-V on 11-30-2004 at 06:26 PM

Naruto

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by C3PO on 12-01-2004 at 06:37 AM

umm im not big on anime but my brother loves the stuff hes favourite is neon genises evangelion. For the kiddy's i suggest yugio,pokem or dragonball z thats aiming around the 10 year olds :P. Ohhh and the best anime movie evah is by far akira! its awesome!

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Weyzza on 11-14-2005 at 04:11 AM

Bleach.

I only watched one episode and I know that it is one good anime.

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by qgroessl on 11-14-2005 at 04:23 AM

Niea_7... it's like a 17 episode series... I thought it was really good... My english teacher showed it to us 2 years ago (small advanced class of 7) to get Character Development in short stories.

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by thc2010 on 11-14-2005 at 05:50 AM

Naruto is only good if you watch the begining

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Underlord on 11-14-2005 at 06:01 AM

Full Metal Alchemist

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by YottabyteWizard on 11-14-2005 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
Bleach.

I only watched one episode and I know that it is one good anime.

For people who likes fighting, blood, samurais and all of this stuff will love Bleach. I'm currently on episode 56 (the most recent one).... I just can say this anime is AWESOME!! (Y) i think it's part of the  3rd seasons. The first one is good, but the best is starting 2nd season.

Also Rurouni Kenchin (But damn, it's VERY long... around 95 episodes and 2 OVAs) and Hellsing are very good ones.

quote:
Originally posted by Day-V
Naruto
I watched the first and second episode and didn't like it. But I'll keep wathching it, maybe later gets better.

If you like MMORPGs you might like DotHack and/or Ragnarok: The Animation.

For Comedy/Love animes, some good ones are Love Hina and Onegai Teacher. Chobits is cool, but very weird. (A person in love with a 'cyborg' (called on the anime Persocons))
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by L. Coyote on 11-14-2005 at 10:13 AM

Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Wolf's Rain, Hunter x Hunter, .hack//SIGN, .hack//DUSK (or Legend of Twilight), Slayers (all 3 seasons), Saber Marionette (both seasons, :drool:), Vandread, Pita-ten, Tsukihime, Hellsing, Get Backers, Last Exile, DNA^2, Stratos 4, Galaxy Angel, Initial D and Soul Hunter.

Can't think of anything else... *-)

Wasn't Naruto licensed a while ago? :s

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by cardshark on 11-15-2005 at 03:55 AM

Only the first season or two of Naruto were licensed. It's pretty good, but they are getting into a long bout of filler right now. Bleach rocks, and Yotta: the latest episode is #57. Better catch up. :p Lots of good ones listed in here. I personally like One Piece a lot, as well as Samurai Champloo. If you want to watch Naruto or One Piece, download them. Do not watch them on US television. The dubbing is horrible. Slayers, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Hellsing, Trigun, Chobits, BPS, Full Metal Panic, Rurouni Kenshin... I could go on and on. I must admit, many of the ones Cartoon Network was putting on Adult Swim were pretty good (though I haven't been able to watch it in about a year or so [Image: ashamed.gif]).

To Leo or Underlord: Do you know where I can find FMA? I've been looking for it for a while now.

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by MeEtc on 11-15-2005 at 03:58 AM

Gravitation!!!
its only released in jap, subbed, and also a yaoi
funny nonetheless!

Gundam wing!!! (the original from the '90's is where its at)
also a must-see, preferably in jap as well

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by prashker on 11-15-2005 at 04:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
Full Metal Alchemist

Im at episode 35 and it owns :D

Also Inuyasha pwns :D

I also like

Love Hina
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
Sonic X
Dragon Ball/Z/GT
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Chrono on 11-15-2005 at 04:25 AM

Full metal alchemist!! :cheesy:

You should have searched first anyway :dodgy::
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=40607&page=1

just as an example :P

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by prashker on 11-15-2005 at 04:27 AM

chrono u realise that that and this thread were made by hobbes?

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Juvani_D on 11-15-2005 at 06:01 AM

Gundam themed animes are the best for me.

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Chop on 11-15-2005 at 06:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
I watched the first and second episode and didn't like it. But I'll keep wathching it, maybe later gets better.
First and Second are boring, the third one is very funny :P.
Im on episode 12
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Weyzza on 11-15-2005 at 06:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
... Initial D ...
I watched the movie last Summer.

Initial D
It's a must-see movie and has nifty camera angles <3

[/offtopic]
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by L. Coyote on 11-15-2005 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cardshark
Do you know where I can find FMA? I've been looking for it for a while now.
:-/ It should be easily found on the mule with tkm as a part of the filename, I think most of the episodes are there. But I'm not sure, I'm watching it on TV.

More series: Ghost Sweeper Mikami (although the manga is better) and Elfen Lied.
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by YottabyteWizard on 11-15-2005 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Bleach rocks, and Yotta: the latest episode is #57. Better catch up.
xD I really didn't know, as I'm getting the movies from LunarAnime (very good quality and subs) and they currently are in 56. o.O I'll search this new one right now (6)
quote:
Originally posted by Chop
First and Second are boring, the third one is very funny
What could I expect from anime? It's almost the same on all animes (First 2-4 episodes are intros and talking... normally) But thanks for the comment, I'm downloading all 5 seasons right now.
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by cardshark on 11-15-2005 at 05:12 PM

Anime Suki is a good place to go for all sorts of (unlicensed) anime. As for Bleach specifically, check out Bleach 7. They usually are pretty up to date on releases. I haven't seen any of the Lunar subs. Bleach Society seems to do pretty well with them though, and are a bit faster than Lunar. Oh, and just looking at the Bleach 7 site, it seems episode 58 is already out in raw format.

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
:-/ It should be easily found on the mule with tkm as a part of the filename, I think most of the episodes are there. But I'm not sure, I'm watching it on TV.
The mule? I haven't heard of that before. Can you give me a bit more info?
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by Rik on 11-15-2005 at 05:15 PM

Hellsing
L A S T E X I L E
Agent Aika

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by L. Coyote on 11-15-2005 at 06:02 PM

quote:
The mule?
Right, I call it "the mule", but it's eMule. :P
RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by SikStyles on 11-15-2005 at 08:15 PM

One Piece - i dont like it but my little cousin watches it and also AirBender, i think it was called

RE: Anyone know of any good anime?! by cardshark on 11-16-2005 at 04:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
The mule?
Right, I call it "the mule", but it's eMule. :P
Ah, ok. I'll look into it.

One Piece is actually very good, and it's almost constant story with little filler. The later episodes get really good. Again, I must say that if you want to watch that (or Naruto) to not watch it on any non-Japanese television. The dubbing is horrible. If you need it in English or anything other than Japanese, try to find it online. You can get it in English here: http://www.kaizoku-fansubs.com