Shoutbox

can not resize the conversation window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: can not resize the conversation window (/showthread.php?tid=35070)

can not resize the conversation window by altar on 12-01-2004 at 03:32 AM

Hello

Once again i can not resize the conversation windows in messenger, i have installed the messenger 6.2.0137 and Plus! 3.25.106 

some time ago i have this same problem and i can not remember how the problem was solved. :$

now i have the problem again.

RE: can not resize the conversation window by marissa on 12-01-2004 at 05:47 AM

Its because the window has a limit on how far it can resize the width. My msn on windows xp stops at [Image: end.jpg] Because it doesnt have the capabilities  to go any further. It might be your OS thats telling you that you cant go any further with that line, sicne you cant even go to the line... But I noticed on your screen shot that it had stoped at [Image: end.jpg]  aswelll.  The line happens in another program of mine, but the actual moving/resizing stops before it.

[Image: exlim.jpg]

RE: can not resize the conversation window by altar on 12-01-2004 at 05:50 AM

no, the line can go further, but to no avail, the windows size remains the same, y can make the window wider but y can not make it smaller (thiner)  but before the messenger reinstallation i can do that resizing

RE: can not resize the conversation window by marissa on 12-01-2004 at 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by altar
y can make the window wider but y can not make it smaller (thiner)

If you can go thinner in width it'll hide the navigation bar. Thats why there is that limit and you cant go any further.
RE: RE: can not resize the conversation window by altar on 12-01-2004 at 05:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
quote:
Originally posted by altar
y can make the window wider but y can not make it smaller (thiner)

If you can go thinner in width it'll hide the navigation bar. Thats why there is that limit and you cant go any further.

ok marissa, i understand that, but i'm sure that before the reinstalation, i was using the same plus! version and i CAN make a little smaller the windows, but,  the messenger version was an older one, :(

thanks

RE: can not resize the conversation window by marissa on 12-01-2004 at 05:59 AM

They probably fixed that then. I do remember that, but in windows messenger.  Maybe another user can verify how you could thin the window down.

RE: can not resize the conversation window by -dt- on 12-01-2004 at 09:09 AM

its defintly a limit in msn messenger because i cannot resize my convo any smaller than marissa's sceenshot's , anyway why would you want your convo any smaller wouldn't it be annoying reading everything like
dt says
hi
how
ya
going

RE: can not resize the conversation window by altar on 12-01-2004 at 05:46 PM

the conversation window size is too big in my opinion, thats all, ;)