Shoutbox

Whats happening in Russia? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Whats happening in Russia? (/showthread.php?tid=35098)

Whats happening in Russia? by _Humphreys on 12-01-2004 at 07:28 PM

I have been watching the news latley and there is a lot of coverage about whats happening in Russia at the mo. I don't really understand what it is about can someone be nice enough to tell me, thanks! I can only understand that there was an Election and something went dodgy.

RE: Whats happening in Russia? by user13774 on 12-01-2004 at 07:44 PM

Not russia... Ukraine...

[Image: ukraine-map.gif]

The election showed that the current president won, but the opposition said they commited fraud with the votes...

RE: Whats happening in Russia? by toddy on 12-01-2004 at 07:46 PM

its actually the unkaine

RE: Whats happening in Russia? by Anubis on 12-01-2004 at 07:47 PM

There is trouble in Russia...but it's more long term. The whole of Russia is huge and basically parts want to be independent...That kind of sums it up in a nutshell...

RE: Whats happening in Russia? by Kryptonate on 12-01-2004 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
There is trouble in Russia...but it's more long term. The whole of Russia is huge and basically parts want to be independent...That kind of sums it up in a nutshell...
Are you talking about the Ukraine, about what's happening over there, or about Tsjetsjenië (don't know the english name for it) ?
RE: Whats happening in Russia? by Jhrono on 12-02-2004 at 08:08 AM

The votations in Ukraine where messy :dodgy:..there ain't no sense of democracy yet...there are a lot of ukranians in Portugal...Thay don't want the russian guy to win, 'cause he won't let anyone emigrate...about Tchetchenia(portuguese name..the same as kryptonate's

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
Tsjetsjenië
those want to be independent and use atacks to several things to show themselves...remember that school that had a hostage situation in august i think?they did it...but what do russians do to shut hem up?...go to Tchetchenia and kill 3 thousands...russian guys are nuts....

RE: Whats happening in Russia? by Omar on 12-02-2004 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
...russian guys are nuts....

The human kind is nuts.... or did you forget that the portuguese kill thousands (maybe millions) of people in their colonies...(when they had them)?

Same applies for the british, americans, french, dutch, etc.... everybody is nuts...