Shoutbox

a quick question... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: a quick question... (/showthread.php?tid=35102)

a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 08:40 PM

please, dont delete this straight away, or ban me... i just wanna ask why theblashphemer is banned? i guess its cos he got pissed off the other night when ppl were having a go at him for wanting to add an OPTIONAL newsletter and beta-testing priveledges, and get people to pay a small fee to get those two things. i think thats reasonable, and if you have a go at someone for wanting to do something, and actually really upset them, then theyre gonna get pissed off, what he does is HIS choice, just be thankful stuffplug will remain free, and has been free since the beginning.
also, as for him "asking ppl on IRC to give him a good reputation" (as said in a negative reputation thing), again he can do what he wants... alot of people here seem to focus on the reputation, as ive seen in past posts by other people, so no wonder he wants a good reputation, esp as i just read his ratings, and so many of them were "cos he gets pissed off", which isnt really a valid reason. everyone has bad days, so pushing them is bound to piss them off.
Lastly, ever  since TB started going on IRC, and since ive known him, hes been reasonable, he's helped people, and is generally patient and willing to help. There are others i know on here, who get a lot worse than him, yet nothing is done about it even when its reported to be a serious problem. if youre gonna pick on one person who gets irritated, then by all mkeans, ban me for getting poissed off on IRC, and ban sunshine too, we used to argue. Ban dane, for posting an angry post, infact, ban everyone.... if arguements and being pissed off really affect you that much, that you have to ban ppl, then lock yourself if your room, smash up your comp, and never see anyone else again :P
Kangie

RE: a quick question... by user27089 on 12-01-2004 at 08:44 PM

Reading this may help: [split] tb

RE: a quick question... by Dr4g0n on 12-01-2004 at 08:46 PM

Fair points, fair points. But i can't really comment because i haven't seen the arguement. So yeah, MODS READ THIS imo. I'm staying out of it though. i just think they should read it.

RE: a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 08:48 PM

traxor, i just read that, and tbh, i get pissed off wi ppl, why cant he? ive called time alot worse on IRC, and he's called me, and my fiancé alot more :) whatever happened to freedom of speech on this forum? or was it never made a rule?

(ta dr4g0n ;o)

RE: a quick question... by WDZ on 12-01-2004 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kangie
whatever happened to freedom of speech on this forum?
Freedom of speech always has limits. You can't insult and disrespect people like TB was doing. He made like 5 posts saying he hopes traxor dies, and he was rude to many other people. That's unacceptable on these forums, IMO. :-/
RE: a quick question... by Chrono on 12-01-2004 at 09:03 PM

i banned him for triple posting twice, even though he knows he cant do that, and mainly for his last post in that thread, although he was very rude in other posts in the same thread also.

its only a 24 hours ban btw :P

RE: a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 09:03 PM

wdz.... an ircop did that to me, more times than that...i reported it, and NOTHING was done... why is it any different for TB? ive lost count of the amount of times ive been told to die.... i didnt take it seriously tho  :) and im sure traxor has enough brains to know not to take things like that seriously. and as  for being rude to people, try walking down a street sometime, most people woundnt give to the time of day, cos most ppl are rude :P people should accept that theyre not gonna get on with, and accept that people are going to be rude to them in real life.

it wouldnt matter if it was a 24min ban, its the princeple of the matter :)

(this isnt a double post, so dinny ban me chrono :P you posted at exactly the same time as me)

RE: a quick question... by Chrono on 12-01-2004 at 09:07 PM

IRC and these forums are different thing, if u want to complain about irc, go and talk to EvilSeph or DX, i think they are responsible for it :P

RE: a quick question... by WDZ on 12-01-2004 at 09:08 PM

quote:
wdz.... an ircop did that to me, more times than that...i reported it, and NOTHING was done... why is it any different for TB?
It sounds like you're talking about IRC, not the forums, so your point doesn't really mean anything. ^o)

Apart from the rude treatment of people today, TB made a page yesterday that tricked users into giving him positive reputation votes, which is considered abuse.

Please don't question this ban; it was definitely deserved.
RE: a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 09:09 PM

wanna give me a link to this page?

RE: a quick question... by Chrono on 12-01-2004 at 09:11 PM

huh? copy it from the address bar? :undecided:

RE: a quick question... by WDZ on 12-01-2004 at 09:15 PM

quote:
wanna give me a link to this page?
The page that TB made? No, I don't want to give anyone that link.
RE: a quick question... by Sunshine on 12-01-2004 at 09:15 PM

TB has been banned for flaming. Because he abused the reputationsystem ppl all voted neg for him. Sure these things can't be allowed and needed steps taken. To TB: don't see this banning thing as all of us mad at you, you know anybody else would have gotten banned if done what you have done.

What he does with SPNG (payed features or not) is his business, it was polite to ask for opinions bout his plans even tho opinions sometimes hurt.

As for asking ppl on IRC to vote for him (i dont know if he did that or not)..that happens more often too ( i don't agree with askin ppl to vote for you..you either get votes or you don't simple as that)...i've seen atleast one other person doing the same (by looking at a certain persons rep, after it got up..i sometimes do that) i'm not going to mention names here.

I think i know TB pretty well and at this moment he has more worries than ppl onhere beiing pissed off. He helped out lots onhere aswell, even when he didnt have time and didn't feel like it he helped me out helping someone on MSN with SPNG. If he was a total ... he wouldn't.

I'm sure he'll accept his ban and come back after the 24 hours is over. Please do not flame him any further bout all this..it's been done..move on! TB: please get less annoyed when things ppl say sound rude..some ppl just are like that (bad with words). I try to be polite allways (yes that takes quite some strenght), i suggest you try the same. If annoyed just walk away and don't post.

RE: a quick question... by riahc4 on 12-01-2004 at 09:41 PM

Im not surprise TB goes off on the members sometimes like this....It is some of the member's fault with him and others. Cookie said in the other thread about attitude and as you all see TB is not as patient as Patchou. He did the rep page thing to me too over MSN but pffff like i care about (TB)s rep. I know who he is (to a certain extent) i think it was required that he go off like this. Some comments ive read in the past about TB and SPNG were just so rude and TB has had to whipstand it all. You also gotta realize like myself and many others on this forum TB is 17 and still has just pride to being over anyone else like anyone in his teens.

You know whats gonna happen at the end? Two things....

1) Hes gonna leave Msgplus boards and promote his plugin on either his own boards or some other boards (Neowin would do great with a programmer like TB)
2) Hes gonna make SPNG for private use only and for his friends.

Y'all decide.......Just imagine (and altho hes busy Id like Patchou to comment on this....) Patchou suddenly gets hated and flamed for Messenger Plus! by more then 70% of his members just critizing him (for other reasons besides the sponser). Dont you think Patchou would also close down the site/fourms and make his addon private?

RE: a quick question... by Plik on 12-01-2004 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Patchou suddenly gets hated and flamed for Messenger Plus!
No-one ever critised Stffplug-ng.
It was Tb's attitude that was brought into question.
RE: a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 10:03 PM

would someone like to close this now? ive made my point, i just thought more ppl woulda suppported TB. the reputation system doesnt mean anything :) hes worked really hard on stuffplug, and i wouldnt blame him if he made it all pay-per-year. ive donated to stuffplug. and i think its worthwhile :)

RE: a quick question... by riahc4 on 12-01-2004 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
quote:
Patchou suddenly gets hated and flamed for Messenger Plus!
No-one ever critised Stffplug-ng.
It was Tb's attitude that was brought into question.

Yes SPNG has been critizied before. I read once that someone blamed SPNG installed the sponser program that is included with Plus!.....

RE: a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 10:11 PM

talking of reputaions, someone wrote this for someone else, as negative "i dont like the way they act on the forums"
so constructive :)

RE: a quick question... by CookieRevised on 12-01-2004 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Yes SPNG has been critizied before. I read once that someone blamed SPNG installed the sponser program that is included with Plus!.....
That was one time only from one particular user from outside this community! Like said before, nor TB's knowledge, nor skill of programming, nor StuffPlug-NG has been the issue in all this!
RE: a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 10:15 PM

stuffplug has been, he was pissed of cos off a few stupid ppl having a go at him for wanting to charge for optional extras

RE: a quick question... by kangie on 12-01-2004 at 10:26 PM

i just saw the page.... LOL... sorry, but anyone who took that as a serious attempt to get a good reputation, is a but on the.... silly side :P

RE: a quick question... by CookieRevised on 12-01-2004 at 10:38 PM

Unfortunatly the poll has been deleted, but IIRC there were only a few people who were against it and even less people who flamed him about it. And the thing that was said to him (again, by 1 person, not the entire community) about getting a job was also vastly misinterpreted by him.

The bad temper is also something not new (and that is the whole issue)! If this was a one-time incident, there wouldn't be so much fuzz about it and nobody would say something about it. But the truth is that he more then often flamed against people, were he accused them of being n00bs and full of BS. Unfortunatly, mostly all the rants like that (and were people go against him) are all moved/splitted in T&T and pruned.

He's the programmer of the most popular plugin. But all this doesn't give him the right to act like he regulary acts. If he isn't the helper-type (like he said before) then ok, fine, respect to that, but don't flame people either....

This isn't about an isolated issue (abusing the rep. system), nor about his programming-skills, but about his negative attitude towards people who ask a simple question or come forward with a comment.

Personaly I always cared about StuffPlug-NG (although I personaly don't have aneed for it and thus don't use it) and about TB himself. I often defended him in issues, I recommend StuffPlug-NG to others, etc. I had chats with him, we somtimes joked around on IRC, etc.... If I didn't care or respect him or his skills, I wouldn't do all that.

The only issue I have (and almost all the others, I think) is the bad temper. And it is even because of that that I often don't post things or heavly think about my words and sentences just so that I don't piss him of.

All in all, I still respect him for what he knows and can. But I sure have problems with his bad temper (towards other people).

RE: a quick question... by WDZ on 12-02-2004 at 04:19 AM

quote:
talking of reputaions, someone wrote this for someone else, as negative "i dont like the way they act on the forums"
That's a perfectly valid reason, and it's like the whole point of negative reputation votes. ^o)

quote:
i just saw the page.... LOL... sorry, but anyone who took that as a serious attempt to get a good reputation, is a but on the.... silly side
I didn't take it as an attempt to get a good reputation, and I don't care what his intent was. The point is that he was abusing the reputation system and tricking users into submitting votes.
RE: a quick question... by Chrono on 12-02-2004 at 06:29 AM

quote:
stuffplug has been, he was pissed of cos off a few stupid ppl having a go at him for wanting to charge for optional extras
no, he was pissed off cause many people gave him bad reputation cause he was abusing the system :P
reply to "a quick question" by kangie on 12-02-2004 at 04:09 PM

the reason i have to do this, is because the topics CLOSED so i cant post on it, yet several mods have posted, and i have no way of replying :)

Edit by WDZ: Threads merged

wdz, you said
"I didn't take it as an attempt to get a good reputation, and I don't care what his intent was. The point is that he was abusing the reputation system and tricking users into submitting votes. "

people have something called freewill.... just cos someone hands you poison, you dont HAVE to take it, you can refuse, people could have closed the window if they didnt wanna vote?

and chrono, did i not post here about another users feedback? where a reason for it bwing positive was "requested".... surely they should be punished? :P

RE: reply to "a quick question" by WDZ on 12-02-2004 at 04:24 PM

quote:
people could have closed the window if they didnt wanna vote?
No, they could not have. If they loaded the page, they were forced to submit a vote. It was done automatically with JavaScript.
RE: reply to "a quick question" by kangie on 12-02-2004 at 04:27 PM

submit a posistive or negative vote?  just goes to show you shouldnt click on every link youre given.... esp on mirc, as some are designed to piss you off and/or give you virii :P but tbs trusted, so i woulda clicked :P and i woulda voted positive :) cos he works hard

RE: reply to "a quick question" by WDZ on 12-02-2004 at 04:34 PM

quote:
submit a posistive or negative vote?
Positive.
RE: reply to "a quick question" by kangie on 12-02-2004 at 04:39 PM

so, lemme get this straight :P if you went to the page, then it automatically made you give him a positive vote... you had no choice, and didnt have to click ok to rate  him at all?

RE: reply to "a quick question" by WDZ on 12-02-2004 at 04:45 PM

quote:
if you went to the page, then it automatically made you give him a positive vote... you had no choice, and didnt have to click ok to rate  him at all?
Exactly, and that's why I didn't like it. :p
RE: reply to "a quick question" by kangie on 12-02-2004 at 05:03 PM

oh.... ok maybe that was wrong :/ but hey, some people will never forget this n harbour a grudge forever :P and no doubt take it out on stuffplug :)