Shoutbox

I bought my first guitar - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: I bought my first guitar (/showthread.php?tid=35117)

I bought my first guitar by Ash_ on 12-02-2004 at 02:55 AM

hey guys i just thought you'd like to know that i bought my first guitar today. im not that great but ill get there. tell me what you think of it heres the link..

[Image: 0321602509_product.jpg]

or here for zoom

RE: I bought my first guitar by marissa on 12-02-2004 at 02:59 AM

that is nice.

:drool: x21098230483058430865043680546x23904802492+2

Have fun with it!

RE: RE: I bought my first guitar by Ash_ on 12-02-2004 at 03:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
that is nice.

:drool: x21098230483058430865043680546x23904802492+2

Have fun with it!

thanks but whats with all the numbers???
RE: I bought my first guitar by -dt- on 12-02-2004 at 03:10 AM

it means she loves it x21098230483058430865043680546x23904802492+2
and good job  ash maby some day you will be rocking with shortie and all that in the school band ;)

RE: I bought my first guitar by Ash_ on 12-02-2004 at 03:19 AM

lol dt nah. i wanna be like Joe Satriani and Eddie Van Halen. Van Halen is my hero (Might aswell Jump!) lol.

RE: I bought my first guitar by Pr0xY on 12-03-2004 at 07:21 PM

Nice Squier Ash_, did you just start playing?  If not do you write music yourself?

Anyways, cool buy, I bet it sounds sweet....

RE: I bought my first guitar by user27089 on 12-03-2004 at 08:47 PM

Nice guitar, I started off with something like that when I began to play lead guitar... Its nice too start off with btw.. later on get a flying v or something :p.

RE: I bought my first guitar by C3PO on 12-04-2004 at 03:33 AM

ive always wanted an electric guitar. I wanna play the start of smells like teen spirit :P but i know if i do get one im gonna give up trying to play it after a few days then ill fell like ive wasted money. Im like that with everything :(... Kool guitar though (y)

RE: I bought my first guitar by Hank on 12-04-2004 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_

hey guys i just thought you'd like to know that i bought my first guitar today. im not that great but ill get there. tell me what you think of it heres the link

Great that your Learning , but can i give you a tip? listen to some Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix , both played the Guitar Excellent, but keep at it, you'll get there
RE: I bought my first guitar by .Roy on 12-04-2004 at 07:35 AM

looks nice. maybe you can play something for us on windows recorder.. :-)

RE: I bought my first guitar by Hank on 12-04-2004 at 07:55 AM

Layla? or play some BBking type blues :)

RE: I bought my first guitar by Ash_ on 12-04-2004 at 08:29 AM

yeh Jimi Hendrix aint bad. i prefer Van Halen (David Lee Ross i think) and Santana, also im a Joe Satriani fanboy. lol my music collection now has about 23-30 songs of Solo's. its ace (Y). theres a heap of chords to remember though. :S

RE: I bought my first guitar by Hank on 12-04-2004 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
yeh Jimi Hendrix aint bad. i prefer Van Halen (David Lee Ross i think) and Santana, also im a Joe Satriani fanboy. lol my music collection now has about 23-30 songs of Solo's. its ace (Y). theres a heap of chords to remember though. :S

yah but your at a good age to start learning , iv'e left it to late
RE: I bought my first guitar by MessEnGer on 12-04-2004 at 07:57 PM

Hey ash congratulations

well i am still stuck to my spanish guitar ....

planning to buy an electric guitar pretty soon
lets hope i get one soon

use it crefully ;)

RE: I bought my first guitar by s7a5 on 12-04-2004 at 08:08 PM

Id say if you play classic guit (spanish) its goin to be very easy for ya to play all those solos on electric
Ofcourse there are some techniques u ll need to learn like sweetpicking etc

RE: I bought my first guitar by Vantage on 12-04-2004 at 09:57 PM

Stratocaster is the UGLIEST guitar I have ever seen, sure it plays like a dream but its ugly, theres nothing special to the style like a BC Rich Beast or something. My friend has one, its white and its heavy as hell, its extremely hard to monouver in..... All in All coming from someones who's been playing for almost 5 years, that guitar is shit :) , well its good for  a started. A Good way to waste ur money (y)....not

RE: I bought my first guitar by user27089 on 12-04-2004 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
Stratocaster is the UGLIEST guitar I have ever seen, sure it plays like a dream but its ugly, theres nothing special to the style like a BC Rich Beast or something. My friend has one, its white and its heavy as hell, its extremely hard to monouver in..... All in All coming from someones who's been playing for almost 5 years, that guitar is shit :) , well its good for  a started. A Good way to waste ur money (y)....not

Stratocaster is a nice guitar, its a guitar thats widely recognised all over the world, and is a great guitar to start electric and lead on, its not ugly at all to be honest, pretty much every novice at guitar starts on a fender squier, and works they way up to stratocaster. Either way, the bc rich beast isn't that nice at all, and plays dodgy, its made for heavy metal...

Nice way to make a guy feel happy Vantage, its like me telling you that everything you had was crap, don't be so harsh.. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing, its the experience of knowing a decent guitar, and having a wide view, not liking only guitars that are associated with metal, as for me, I like most guitars apart from the ones that look like violins and the gibson thats played by chuck berry. He didn't waste his money, to be honest, you're just being a prick.

RE: I bought my first guitar by Hank on 12-05-2004 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Stratocaster is the UGLIEST guitar

funny, Jimi hendrix didnt care what Guitar he had, nore Eric  Clapton or Jimmy Page or jeff Beck , they still played the Guitar Awesomely

RE: RE: I bought my first guitar by Vantage on 12-05-2004 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:

Stratocaster is a nice guitar, its a guitar thats widely recognised all over the world, and is a great guitar to start electric and lead on, its not ugly at all to be honest, pretty much every novice at guitar starts on a fender squier, and works they way up to stratocaster. Either way, the bc rich beast isn't that nice at all, and plays dodgy, its made for heavy metal...

Nice way to make a guy feel happy Vantage, its like me telling you that everything you had was crap, don't be so harsh.. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing, its the experience of knowing a decent guitar, and having a wide view, not liking only guitars that are associated with metal, as for me, I like most guitars apart from the ones that look like violins and the gibson thats played by chuck berry. He didn't waste his money, to be honest, you're just being a prick.

Hey man im just giving my opinion and my though on he did, i wasn't harsh at all :) Not my fault you have a diffrent opinion then mine? you have diffrent thoughs on what I should have said????Why don't you just concetrate on yourself for once and try to not worry on how much your opinion is diffrent then mine, and if your not able to do that, then go stuff yourself.

And if those rock stars didn't care what kind they played, they why would they bother to even buy those big ass fancy ones? cuz its better then those little middle class ones that they were playing :S common man its common sense, when you play guitar, you mostly look up to a better guitar like me A BC rich Beast, thats one of my fav's. But im pretty sure after a while with the BC rich Beast I'll be looking at a fender Stagemaster, who knows.
RE: I bought my first guitar by tomfletcherman on 12-05-2004 at 10:48 AM

Fender squiers are an excellent choice for a first guitar, I know many people who own them, they look good albeit a rather ordinary shape. I personally don't get on with them or Gibson SG's either but its all down to personal preference. It is ebtter to have a squier first than a real strat because they cost upwards of £600. BC rich have a nice guitar out, the ice mockingbird, but generally I don't like their other guitars as they just seem to have a picture slapped on them before the laquer is applied. I have an Ibanez and they are my favourite type of guitar although too many of them are purple...

RE: I bought my first guitar by user27089 on 12-05-2004 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Hey man im just giving my opinion and my though on he did, i wasn't harsh at all :) Not my fault you have a diffrent opinion then mine? you have diffrent thoughs on what I should have said????Why don't you just concetrate on yourself for once and try to not worry on how much your opinion is diffrent then mine, and if your not able to do that, then go stuff yourself.

And if those rock stars didn't care what kind they played, they why would they bother to even buy those big ass fancy ones? cuz its better then those little middle class ones that they were playing :S common man its common sense, when you play guitar, you mostly look up to a better guitar like me A BC rich Beast, thats one of my fav's. But im pretty sure after a while with the BC rich Beast I'll be looking at a fender Stagemaster, who knows.

Actually, to be honest, you were quite harsh about this guitar, that was an opinion overload in my opinion.. Yes we have different thoughts, but I don't express certain thoughts because of the moralities of them.. I don't only concentrate on myself because I care for the feelings of other users on this forum, like you should, don't be self centred.

As you say an experienced guitarist has big ass expensive guitars, in my opinion, isn't the fender squier the cheaper version for the Fender Stratocaster?? That guitar is worth about £3000 where I come from.... To be fair thats like $6000USD, is that not a sweet guitar???? And its exactly the same, one of the most common guitars in the world is the fender squier to be honest, as i said before:

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
its the experience of knowing a decent guitar, and having a wide view, not liking only guitars that are associated with metal

RE: I bought my first guitar by Ash_ on 12-06-2004 at 03:09 AM

anyway im not gonna go out and buy some $6000USD (which btw is like double (i think) in australia) guitar for my first guitar. what im no good and i quit (im not gonna :P) im sorry i didnt reach your standards.

RE: I bought my first guitar by Pr0xY on 12-06-2004 at 01:00 PM

Hey Ash_, since you said you just started playing, I take it you dont compose your own music yet?  I'm kind of interested if you do, post back please. :)

RE: I bought my first guitar by Plik on 12-06-2004 at 05:12 PM

Vantage, most people play a certain guitar because of the way it sounds not the way it looks.
Different guitars are good for different reasons. For example imagion clapton playing a BC Rich, the sound wouldnt suit the music. But them imagion Kirk Hammet playing a Gibson like the ones check berry played.
Also IMO the BC Rich has a very extreme looks, you either love them or hate them. Most people hate them.

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred

funny, Jimi hendrix didnt care what Guitar he had, nore Eric  Clapton or Jimmy Page or jeff Beck , they still played the Guitar Awesomely
Jimmy Page played telecasters, les pauls and that cool double neck sg