Shoutbox

large display picture problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: large display picture problem (/showthread.php?tid=35127)

large display picture problem by vid_88 on 12-02-2004 at 12:20 PM

Hey guys.

Just a question regarding the Messenger 7 compatible StuffPlug-NG version. Those of you who used it in Messenger 6 know that when you have an oversized display picture it still shows up small on your computer, but big on the receiving end.

Well, when i upgraded to messenger 7 with the new StuffPlu-NG development version, and i use a large DP this happens (see attachment).

It's kind of annoying because I have to re-size all my windows again.. is there any fix to make it show up like it did in previous versions of MSN Messenger?

Hope someone can help..  thanks in advance.

viddy

RE: large display picture problem by Sunshine on 12-02-2004 at 12:35 PM

You can click the arrow on the bottom of your DP and alter the size to small ;)

Edit: If that isn't small enough download Mess Patch 7.0.0425, after applying that patch you can even go as small as miniature ;)

RE: large display picture problem by vid_88 on 12-02-2004 at 02:56 PM

But that doesn't effect how it shows up on anyone else's computer does it? :S

I just <3 my large DP's. lol.

RE: RE: large display picture problem by Sunshine on 12-02-2004 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vid_88
But that doesn't effect how it shows up on anyone else's computer does it? :S

I just <3 my large DP's. lol.

Nope, it doesn't. Just your side :D
RE: large display picture problem by vid_88 on 12-02-2004 at 03:19 PM

You rock. And I can't see properly.

RE: large display picture problem by CookieRevised on 12-02-2004 at 06:21 PM

quote:
It's kind of annoying because I have to re-size all my windows again.. is there any fix to make it show up like it did in previous versions of MSN Messenger?
Erm, tbh, if you find that annoying, think about how annoying your contacts might find it...

On a personal note: If one of my contacts had such a huge DP, he/she would be blocked. Your DP can be made four times as small (reduce both hieght and width by a factor 2) and it would still be bigger (more special) as a normal DP.
RE: large display picture problem by vid_88 on 12-03-2004 at 05:49 AM

Yes but then the picture would be all squashed and such wouldn't it. Most of mine are long and not very wide, so they fit into the side of a conversation window nicely.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

Eh, i have another problem Sunshine!

Big display pictures work fine for those using Messenger 6, but those who have also upgraded to Messenger 7 see this (see attached image)...

:S Any advice?

edit: oops, forgot to black (grey) out one of my link things. oh well :P
RE: large display picture problem by TheBlasphemer on 12-03-2004 at 06:13 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

Eh, i have another problem Sunshine!

Big display pictures work fine for those using Messenger 6, but those who have also upgraded to Messenger 7 see this (see attached image)...

:S Any advice?

edit: oops, forgot to black (grey) out one of my link things. oh well :P

Yes, MSN Messenger 7 users will need StuffPlug-NG to see big dps
RE: large display picture problem by vid_88 on 12-03-2004 at 06:16 AM

Oh okay, thanks.

Can you tell me if the final version will be the same as Messenger 6 where they don't need StuffPlug-NG?

Thanks for the reply and the great plugin btw, (y)

viddy

RE: large display picture problem by CookieRevised on 12-03-2004 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Yes but then the picture would be all squashed and such wouldn't it.
Erm, no it wouldn't. Why would it be squashed??? It wil look like:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=343164]

Benefits:
* Contacts will not be annoyed by the big picture size
* The DP will be send much quicker to your contacts as the filesize is also much smaller
* Making the pic smaller, even increases the sharpness and it wont be so blurry
* And it is still much bigger then the default size:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=343164]

quote:

Can you tell me if the final version will be the same as Messenger 6 where they don't need StuffPlug-NG?
Nope. Your contacts will always need StuffPlug-NG (or similar plugins) if they want to view oversized DP's in MSN Messenger 7 (this is because of the way MSN Messenger 7 now handles the DP)
RE: large display picture problem by vid_88 on 12-03-2004 at 10:07 AM

Fair enough. But that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, and I have my own about the issue.

Anyway thanks for all the help everyone, i'll just make sure all my contacts can have fun with their Messenger with StuffPlug-NG :)

viddy

RE: large display picture problem by gocha on 04-10-2005 at 10:36 PM

I got a problem. When Stuff Plug is being installed, it's stuck on extracting sp.ico. any solutions to that?
thanks

RE: RE: large display picture problem by CVonV on 10-03-2005 at 05:25 AM

quote:
Yes but then the picture would be all squashed and such wouldn't it. Most of mine are long and not very wide, so they fit into the side of a conversation window nicely.

all you need to do is enter one dimension and then click on the other dimension box and stuffplug will automatically size it so that it's in the same ratio. makes sense ya?

quote:

yeah ever since msn7 both ends have to have stuffplug installed... which is a shame... kinda defeats the purpose if you ask me... msn7 was a crap upgrade imo... 6 was great tho. maybe with the stuffplug update for 7.5 it'll fix the issue? I dunno i've yet to install both

anyways funny how i catch you on this forum viddy... see u back on the idol forums :)
RE: large display picture problem by Impheatus on 10-03-2005 at 05:53 AM

Aaaahhhmmm.... it is almost a year since they posted that...
I am pretty sure they now know the answers :P

RE: large display picture problem by lordy on 10-03-2005 at 06:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CVonV
maybe with the stuffplug update for 7.5 it'll fix the issue? I dunno i've yet to install both

no it wont, because MSN messenger 7 resizes the display pictures when they get to the other users computer, thus they need SP-NG to stop that from happening. i doubt it will change.

this is an old thread neways :P